Who's In For Opening Day?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Who's In For Opening Day?

Post by Captain Hafski »

Per my previous post, I timed a Florida vacation to "skip the stairs"!

I am down there now. So I am not in.

Perfect timing on my part!

Enjoy it!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Stop picking on Colin everyone. He thought this was just for show anyway!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 16:47
snoloco wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 15:47 They still lose to MSS, after losing to Sunday River last year. Not very beastly.
Does it really matter except for pecker measuring?
That, and very desirable free plug on the 6 and 11 O'clock news in all major Northeast markets.
Midwest Skier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Midwest Skier »

I'll definitely be there Saturday. Hope to be able to get in a few runs on Friday. Either way, always excited to get out for day 1 and clean the May mud off the skis and boots.

Props to skiadt for this call on Oct 23 in a different thread: "a good window coming mid next week, perhaps good enough to get open by the weekend. passholders open friday nov 3??"
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

I'm shocked the hill is opening......

Yesterday there was a giant snowmaking blowout, power grid went down, Mike was incompetent, Beer at the Wobbly is $16, aliens, demons, etc.

This is why Facebag will never replace this board.

Thank you all for the entertainment.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Midwest Skier wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 19:32 Props to skiadt for this call on Oct 23 in a different thread: "a good window coming mid next week, perhaps good enough to get open by the weekend. passholders open friday nov 3??"
Good point.

6 pack (or 4 pack) of beer to skiadkt, his choice of brand, in memory of Ty.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Perhaps the most underrated thing about K's early season isn't the date it opens, but the fact that it remains open DAILY whenever possible. It will be almost a month before most other mountains are running beyond weekends only. That's a lot of skiing for those able to take advantage of it.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Do fat babies fart?

Answer - YES
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

In for the Bay One how you doing and standing in the K1 line line for social skiing.

Greetings from The Beast,
Grab your gear and try to contain yourself… The longest season in the East starts this Friday at 10:00 a.m.! As usual, we’ll kick things off with our passholder appreciation day on Friday and then on Saturday, at 9:00 a.m., we will open to the general public. Lift tickets will be available for purchase Thursday, November 2 at 2:00 p.m. or you can grab a Season Pass now to join us for the official Day One on Friday. As a bonus, we’ll be offering free lunch and making a donation to the charity of your choice – Burton CHILL, Yes Kids or the Snow Angel Foundation – for those passholders who join us on Day One. The free lunch will be available at the K-1 Lodge, Peak Lodge or Subie Shack.

Killington’s stellar snowmaking team has spent many hours blanketing the North Ridge in a coat of white, and thanks to their hard work we'll be skiing and snowboarding on Rime and Reason. After opening day the K-1 Express Gondola will spin from 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. everyday, and we’ll use the Peak Walkway to get to and from the North Ridge Area for skiing and snowboarding – yes walking is required. The final ride up K-1 will be at 3:00 p.m. and North Ridge Quad will turn until 3:45 p.m. As always, early season terrain is suitable for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders only; no easier terrain is available at this time. The Woodward Mountain Park crew will have a few features set up for Day One jibbing on Reason and will continue to build out that park as early season rolls on.  

Remember, all lift tickets and rentals must be purchased online, either in advance or on the day of. Pick up kiosks are available inside the K-1 Lodge. As a reminder, Killington is a cashless resort. We accept Samsung, Google and Apple Pay, as well as all major credit cards. Reverse ATMs are available.

Be sure to keep an eye on the Conditions Report for the latest trail conditions and operational updates. 

See you on the slopes!
Where is Happy Hour ?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 23:33 Perhaps the most underrated thing about K's early season isn't the date it opens, but the fact that it remains open DAILY whenever possible. It will be almost a month before most other mountains are running beyond weekends only. That's a lot of skiing for those able to take advantage of it.
agree. and kudos to MSS who got their trail open today but they most likely won't be running mid-week after this weekend while K will be the only resort daily until tgiving.

K "could" have opened today for the bragging rights but they considered building a base that would hold to warmup coming as it always does this time of year more important. they don't wanna open and then close. there's staffing etc involved.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

It's about time! I'm in.
spiderpig
Beginner On Rentals

Post by spiderpig »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Nov 1st, '23, 23:33 Perhaps the most underrated thing about K's early season isn't the date it opens, but the fact that it remains open DAILY whenever possible. It will be almost a month before most other mountains are running beyond weekends only. That's a lot of skiing for those able to take advantage of it.
Two weeks is almost a month?
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

It's looking pretty deep and full width up there, I bet tomorrow will be great for you all.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

So, any chance of opening superstar to the masses before the World Cup?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

spanky wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 15:17 So, any chance of opening superstar to the masses before the World Cup?
never. in fact we'll have to wait probably at least another couple days more after the WC because we're letting ski teams throughout the east use it the following week for training. that should thrill snoloco ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore