Stop saying "Howdy Beast Fans" in the report.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Re: Stop saying "Howdy Beast Fans" in the report.

Post by rogman »

Mister Moose wrote: Nov 8th, '23, 12:56
rogman wrote: Nov 8th, '23, 12:30 It would be better executed as a table of information, so there’d be less focus on finding the perfect simile for frozen granular,...
And here I thought "frozen granular" was a simile.
Did I cause a mental short circuit? Like touching both antlers together? Do you think it was an accident?
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Skid Mark wrote: Nov 8th, '23, 10:04 Howdy, I'm new to this forum. Are people like ANGUS being sarcastic or is he a complete whiney little bitch?
With a name like Skid Mark. You must be AI. So you dont count. Sorry. :barebutt: :seeya :bull
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

How long until we get sick of "Greetings Beast Fans" . . I think I resent being called a Beast Fan . . . Sounds like "Devil Worshipper"

How about something that reflects our client base . . . . . Something like "Yo F@cktards"
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

you really care about this entirely too much. Frankly I wish I had nothing better to care about than three words in a ski report. So I guess you're winning. IDK...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Three lil words?…..ahhhhhh. Memory lane…….” Mobilize the attorneys”. Rather amusing how pizza face Dis got booted from K. Talk amongst yourselves…..
Eddytheyetti
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Eddytheyetti »

newpylong1 wrote:From what I hear they read this forum and a lot of is done on purpose lol. Last year when the "Howdy Beast Fans" outpouring was greatest it got switched up nearly that day to something witty that only loyal Beast fans would get.
If that’s the case maybe we should focus on our disdain for the general lack of useful/interesting information, rather than the folksy greeting. Give us actual operations updates. For Example here’s a report I’d like to read: HBF, Both of the trails were groomed last night. We are hoping to drop the rope on Upper East Falls by noon, so come later in the day if you want to ski it. Looking ahead we are going to try like hell to get upper great northern open so you don’t have to walk down. With luck, and the beasts billion dollar snow making system, maybe this will happen by Saturday if we don’t get shut down again because Mike forgot to pay the electric bill…

Let’s be honest here, nobody reads it (even the f***-tards from New Jersey) this time of year to know if they groomed rime and reason, we are looking for any kernel of hope that mid winter is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

I guess they're reading this thread. "Salutations Beast Fans" today. :D :D
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Let's address the real elephant in this room . . . "Beast'

Get rid of that nickname. You stole it from Berkshire East. It has numerous NEGATIVE connotations. Lose it. Its juvenile and embarrassing.
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Who cares? I've got better things in my life to worry about than the snow report. I have to save my time to shake my fist at the clouds and yell at people to stay off my lawn!
volklopposition
Green Skidder

Post by volklopposition »

I'll go along with this. Mr Beast gonna sue them.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

There is a certain imposing grandeur to the “Beast of the East” moniker and “The Beast” should be acceptable short hand for it. However, it fails (epically, I might add) because they never use “Beast of the East” anymore. Why? Too lazy to hunt n peck out the whole thing?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 8th, '23, 12:24 From what I hear they read this forum and a lot of is done on purpose lol. Last year when the "Howdy Beast Fans" outpouring was greatest it got switched up nearly that day to something witty that only loyal Beast fans would get.
calvin_and_hobbes_beasts.png
calvin_and_hobbes_beasts.png (97.94 KiB) Viewed 15393 times
We know.
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

I'm starting a petition to rename "Devil's Fiddle" to something less scary and offensive
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Skid Mark wrote: Nov 12th, '23, 17:23 I'm starting a petition to rename "Devil's Fiddle" to something less scary and offensive
Nero’s Revenge?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote: Nov 12th, '23, 17:45
Skid Mark wrote: Nov 12th, '23, 17:23 I'm starting a petition to rename "Devil's Fiddle" to something less scary and offensive
Nero’s Revenge?
How about:
Fire on the Mountain Run boys, run.