Stop saying "Howdy Beast Fans" in the report.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Re: Stop saying "Howdy Beast Fans" in the report.

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Most people read conditions reports because they are hungry for information. Giving them what they want is such a simple and easy thing to do. It seems like, industry-wide, these resorts in general just don't care.

It does feel like K has taken the greatest dive in this regard. It used to have a really great report. Then again, their entire website used to be so much better.

As for "Beast fans", at this point it is fun watching them taunt us with it.

BTW, despite all of the other social media avenues today, a LOT of people do still lurk this board. I met one yesterday at Okemo. Once we started chatting about K (and TTB vs WC etc), it was clear from his remarks that he read KZone frequently. (Hi Jim. Nice meeting you)

WE are K's conditions report.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 12:40 WE are K's conditions report.
:Toast

But, we knew that anyway !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 18:03
Southside_Bobby wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 12:40 WE are K's conditions report.
:Toast

But, we knew that anyway !!
Much appreciated from afar!
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Bubba wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 09:24
rogman wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 09:14
daytripper wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 09:02
rogman wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 08:26 I miss the Tom Horrocks reports. His disregard for grammar and spelling was unparalleled.
Was he spinmaster?
Yes. He and Dave Rathbunn made quite the crew. He continued to live in the area, I suspect until his kids graduated. Probably in Colorado somewhere now.
I tip my hand and/or hat to both of them.
didn't rathbunn once show up at one of ty's parties. thought horrocks was a really good guy. forget whether he was as or early powdr but he was between a rock & a hard place with having to be the pr guy.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

dunno tonite's report is pretty good. talks about resurfacing & grooming in the NR & opening a new trail. for the last couple weeks, they were just treading h2o w nothing new to say. did you want them say, "hey we f'ed you again by not making any snow because wc is our priority." now being in expansion mode, we should start to see "better" reports.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

skiadikt wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 16:58
Bubba wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 09:24
rogman wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 09:14
daytripper wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 09:02
rogman wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 08:26 I miss the Tom Horrocks reports. His disregard for grammar and spelling was unparalleled.
Was he spinmaster?
Yes. He and Dave Rathbunn made quite the crew. He continued to live in the area, I suspect until his kids graduated. Probably in Colorado somewhere now.
I tip my hand and/or hat to both of them.
didn't rathbunn once show up at one of ty's parties. thought horrocks was a really good guy. forget whether he was as or early powdr but he was between a rock & a hard place with having to be the pr guy.
Rathbun came to the wine party the first season of Powdr ownership. He came at my invitation so he could have an opportunity to hear what long time regulars thought about how Nyberg and company were screwing things up. Kids class prices had exploded, they’d announced Skye Ship base wouldn’t open and lower Great Eastern would be closed. That last one (which was quickly reversed) was the proximate cause of the town deciding to revisit the village permits. Dave got an earful and more, to the point of rudeness from a couple of partygoers.

Horrocks was a good guy who came from Colorado before Powdr and didn’t quite “get” eastern skiing culture. He learned but ran into issues with Nyberg and was forced out by his (Tom’s) boss as a result.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Both Tom and Dave were ASC holdovers and basically good guys caught in a crossfire hurricane. I mean, Tom basically did a 180 from ASC to POWDR, no one batted an eye. The party at Ty’s was epic. They deserve much respect for just showing up. I recall posing as some real Kzone thorn in their side (user name escapes me). Dave’s reaction was hilarious. Good times.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rogman wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 18:56 Both Tom and Dave were ASC holdovers and basically good guys caught in a crossfire hurricane. I mean, Tom basically did a 180 from ASC to POWDR, no one batted an eye. The party at Ty’s was epic. They deserve much respect for just showing up. I recall posing as some real Kzone thorn in their side (user name escapes me). Dave’s reaction was hilarious. Good times.
Jersey Guy?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bubba wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 21:34
rogman wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 18:56 Both Tom and Dave were ASC holdovers and basically good guys caught in a crossfire hurricane. I mean, Tom basically did a 180 from ASC to POWDR, no one batted an eye. The party at Ty’s was epic. They deserve much respect for just showing up. I recall posing as some real Kzone thorn in their side (user name escapes me). Dave’s reaction was hilarious. Good times.
Jersey Guy?
Yup. Rathbunn’s double take was hilarious.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

So apparently “Howdy” is a popular greeting in Texas (source, “Urban Dictionary” a truly impeachable source). Anyway, we now have:
Don’t Killington Pico
Don’t Jersey Killington
And for the love of God, don’t Texas Killington.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

rogman wrote: Nov 24th, '23, 11:19 So apparently “Howdy” is a popular greeting in Texas (source, “Urban Dictionary” a truly impeachable source). Anyway, we now have:
Don’t Killington Pico
Don’t Jersey Killington
And for the love of God, don’t Texas Killington.
:like
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Ahoy-hoy Beast Fans would work fine with offending anybody.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

"New this year, Superstar will remain closed to the public for one week following the Stifel Killington Cup for race training. More than 350 skiers from 23 different clubs, academies and universities will be at The Beast to take advantage of the course. This is a unique opportunity for these aspiring athletes to practice on World Cup-caliber terrain. After that, we'll resurface the course and open it to the public on December 8."

What about pass holders? We pay a premium for crap!!! Screw those privliged little bastards.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

ANGUS wrote: Nov 24th, '23, 15:17 "New this year, Superstar will remain closed to the public for one week following the Stifel Killington Cup for race training. More than 350 skiers from 23 different clubs, academies and universities will be at The Beast to take advantage of the course. This is a unique opportunity for these aspiring athletes to practice on World Cup-caliber terrain. After that, we'll resurface the course and open it to the public on December 8."

What about pass holders? We pay a premium for crap!!! Screw those privliged little bastards. F U Killington!
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

ANGUS wrote: Nov 24th, '23, 15:17 "New this year, Superstar will remain closed to the public for one week following the Stifel Killington Cup for race training. More than 350 skiers from 23 different clubs, academies and universities will be at The Beast to take advantage of the course. This is a unique opportunity for these aspiring athletes to practice on World Cup-caliber terrain. After that, we'll resurface the course and open it to the public on December 8."

What about pass holders? We pay a premium for crap!!! Screw those privliged little bastards.
It will be there for you when they are done little beast buddy.

Giddy up!!!!