sunday 5/19 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

sunday 5/19 report

Post by skiadikt »

another winner in the books. a fine day. started and ended w sunshine. for me sunshine is the key. the usual 1st couple creamy runs on the groom before moving into the bumps. once again the morning bumps were magnificent. soft and corny but starting out bigger than friday's. went out for a mid-day shift. rather overcast, crowded and the WC ice was rearing it's ugly. finished on a high note as the sun returned for the power hr and a half.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: sunday 5/19 report

Post by twilkas »

skiadikt wrote: May 19th, '24, 20:18 another winner in the books. a fine day. started and ended w sunshine. for me sunshine is the key. the usual 1st couple creamy runs on the groom before moving into the bumps. once again the morning bumps were magnificent. soft and corny but starting out bigger than friday's. went out for a mid-day shift. rather overcast, crowded and the WC ice was rearing it's ugly. finished on a high note as the sun returned for the power hr and a half.
you can tell that it's wc ice? guess thats helping from below to hold it.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

twilkas wrote: May 19th, '24, 20:52
skiadikt wrote: May 19th, '24, 20:18 another winner in the books. a fine day. started and ended w sunshine. for me sunshine is the key. the usual 1st couple creamy runs on the groom before moving into the bumps. once again the morning bumps were magnificent. soft and corny but starting out bigger than friday's. went out for a mid-day shift. rather overcast, crowded and the WC ice was rearing it's ugly. finished on a high note as the sun returned for the power hr and a half.
its a very obvious color - its that off-yellow (ochre?) ice that looks dirty. most of the surface is down to it by the end of the day with sloughed off bumps in between.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

great day indeed and the sunny last 2 hours were fantastic.
much snow lost compared to last weekend and a hot mid-week comin' up.
there will be some suspense. hoping for a long weekend ahead.
Attachments
IMG_7650.jpeg
IMG_7650.jpeg (726.13 KiB) Viewed 397 times
IMG_7687.jpeg
IMG_7687.jpeg (518.65 KiB) Viewed 402 times
IMG_7676.jpeg
IMG_7676.jpeg (732.85 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Last edited by buckethead on May 20th, '24, 12:52, edited 3 times in total.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

twilkas wrote: May 19th, '24, 20:52
as has been said it's that yellowish base ice that many have of us have come to call "WC ice". for the event they go as for as injecting it with h20 so it turns into that hard icey surface needed for the races. the presumption is that's what we're skiing in late may. we have now skied til june, 4 of the last 7 seasons. probably no coincidence that that corresponds to when they started hosting the event.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Grmmtnhkr34
Green Skidder

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

I agree. I did the late shift 2:30-5 and it was perfect. Bump lines were best close to the lift. In suspense for next weekend!