2024 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: 2024 Election

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: May 15th, '24, 08:11As I've said before, I think Biden slow-walked the federal prosecutions to time the indictments just before the primary to juice Trump's chances of winning the nomination. Trump's the guy Biden most wanted to face. Now, as Trump is dealing with these prosecutions, he's getting more and more distracted and hysterical. I don't like Biden, and wish we had a better choice, but you have to tip your cap to his political strategy. That's what you get I guess when you nominate a guy with a depth of experience in politics.
If GOP picked anyone other than Trump it was a slam dunk for them. Unreal, but totally expected.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I guess it goes to show how politics is an emotional game. Logically, DeSantis would have been a better choice for the MAGA crew, as he likely would have won and pardoned Donald. He also probably would have pursued the kind of agenda MAGA wanted. But instead they went with their emotional figurehead.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: May 15th, '24, 08:11 Pretty solid analysis from a pro-Republican operative. His take is Biden is quite unpopular and the only reason he has a shot is that a majority of people find Trump personally distasteful even if they agree with him on policies issues. He thinks if Trump tones down his personality that he increases his odds of winning significantly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1mqNQR

I agree, but I don't think Trump is capable of that, and I don't think he's anywhere close to the right frame of mind. He feels persecuted and that's going to show up on the campaign trail. It's not going to sell well to anyone other than his hard-core supporters.

As I've said before, I think Biden slow-walked the federal prosecutions to time the indictments just before the primary to juice Trump's chances of winning the nomination. Trump's the guy Biden most wanted to face. Now, as Trump is dealing with these prosecutions, he's getting more and more distracted and hysterical. I don't like Biden, and wish we had a better choice, but you have to tip your cap to his political strategy. That's what you get I guess when you nominate a guy with a depth of experience in politics.

So you’re agreeing with Trump and Republicans that Biden is practicing “lawfare” and weaponizing the DOJ, even if it’s only through timing?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Bubba wrote: May 15th, '24, 10:51 So you’re agreeing with Trump and Republicans that Biden is practicing “lawfare” and weaponizing the DOJ, even if it’s only through timing?
I certainly wouldn't characterize it that way, but I think it naive to believe Biden wasn't to some degree involved in the timing, here. Otherwise why didn't these prosecutions begin much sooner? The investigation certainly must have started at the very latest when Biden took office, and I find it hard to believe it took nearly three years before finding sufficient evidence to prosecute, especially in the documents case where the evidence of guilt was pretty apparent. That case frankly could have been over and done with two years ago but that wouldn't have helped Biden politically. It's also pretty convenient for Biden that these cases are really getting into gear during the election year when they can have the maximum distracting effect on Trump.

I do think there's ample evidence of criminal acts in both Federal cases. But just because there is evidence of a crime doesn't mean there isn't also some political animus motivating these prosecutions. I think that's as it should be - who's going to investigate criminal acts of powerful political figures if not the opposing party? Certainly, as we've seen with the impeachments of Trump and Clinton, members of the same political party are motivated to cover up the crimes of their fellow party members. That's why when people call these cases politically motivated, I say so what? That's not the key question. The key question is whether there's evidence of a crime.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Nothing to see here ....

Trump campaign deletes video mentioning 'unified Reich'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-69045271
The Trump campaign has deleted a video posted to the former president's Truth Social account, which referenced a "unified Reich".

The 30-second clip outlined a vision of the US under Mr Trump through stylised headlines, one of which used a term now often associated with Nazi Germany.

It appeared on Mr Trump's account on Monday and was deleted the next day.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 21st, '24, 12:53 Nothing to see here ....

Trump campaign deletes video mentioning 'unified Reich'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-69045271
The Trump campaign has deleted a video posted to the former president's Truth Social account, which referenced a "unified Reich".

The 30-second clip outlined a vision of the US under Mr Trump through stylised headlines, one of which used a term now often associated with Nazi Germany.

It appeared on Mr Trump's account on Monday and was deleted the next day.
Well…someone in the campaign has enough intelligence to realize it’s not politically wise to publicly admit that Trump is a fascist. :lol: :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

We're not a serious people ....

Majority of Americans wrongly believe US is in recession – and most blame Biden
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... sion-biden
Nearly three in five Americans wrongly believe the US is in an economic recession, and the majority blame the Biden administration, according to a Harris poll conducted exclusively for the Guardian. The survey found persistent pessimism about the economy as election day draws closer.

The poll highlighted many misconceptions people have about the economy, including:
  • 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
  • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
  • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.
Many Americans put the blame on Biden for the state of the economy, with 58% of those polled saying the economy is worsening due to mismanagement from the presidential administration.

The poll underscored people’s complicated emotions around inflation. The vast majority of respondents, 72%, indicated they think inflation is increasing. In reality, the rate of inflation has fallen sharply from its post-Covid peak of 9.1% and has been fluctuating between 3% and 4% a year.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

lots of dopes watching fox
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Sort of hilarious clip of Trump getting booed at the Libertarian convention as he asks them to nominate him. You have to give him some credit for having the balls to do it - he had to know that this pitch would not go over well. But he probably calculated that he'd get some attention from it. Seems to have flown a bit under the radar, though, with the trial and the Alito flag scandal.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/26/politics ... tmwknd-vpx
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Here’s Trump saying he will fire America’s military leaders

https://x.com/bidenhq/status/1797303183540212061?s=46
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

By Donnie's own admission, he shouldn't be allowed to run
FB_IMG_1717332895015.jpg
FB_IMG_1717332895015.jpg (105.4 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Last edited by deadheadskier on Jun 3rd, '24, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

I believe there’s a subreddit or twitter handle of “Trump Criticizes Trump”. Just add this to the long list.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Character is important in those we elect.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Trump suggested executing the individual that leaked he was in the White House bunker during George Floyd protests ... Barr confirms there were other occasions Trump suggested executing people. Barr said he wasn't worried because people would stop Trump before he could carry it out.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1784030100175855918
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

The Art of the Lie
There is an inherent lie behind everything the unholy coalition of the Cons, Nutzis, and Evangelicals do and say. That somehow, they are the ones being wronged, persecuted, and treated badly. That somehow, they are the target of all crime, an evil liberal and progressive conspiracy, and Satan has come back in the guise of Joe Biden to turn all their kids gay and against God. While at the same time, they turn cruelty into an art form, while economically strangling the nation. Their figurehead, Donald Trump, their demi-god of racism and getting away with everything, has become everything they want to be. All the while the Con’s think tanks, tell them what to say, as the Evangelical church preaches the gospel of greed and ignorance-based arrogance. All are based on an art form of reinforcing lies.
RC Romine

Just a quote and XJ, I don't subscribe to all evangelicals being like this, but they sure do seem to be a lot of them that feel like above