Level 10K poster

Re: Damage at K

Post by Stormchaser »

Highway Star wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
spanky wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:East Mtn Road
emr.jpg
That's the same picture Rusty posted a few pages back as West Mountain Road (and the iReport has it as West Hill Road). Which is it?
RustyK wrote:http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-664497?ref=feeds/oncnn

Poor West mtn. rd....how the heck are they gonna fix that?

My bad, its west hill road
West Hill, as in the shortcut road??

yes
ImageImageImageImage
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

sux for west hill...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
VTbound
Blue Chatterbox

Post by VTbound »

Has anyone seen Schoolhouse Road?
Read somewhere that the White House was gone and the road was washed out.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Just got some info from over there, Plymouth Notch supposedly has a 30ft high slide of mud and slate blocking entry/exit from 100A and on the other end at Bridgewater Corners they aren't letting anyone cross the bridge (did they get the deck on the new one yet?) until it gets inspected. Multiple bridges on 100A are washed out. Supposedly there is no way into or out of that general area of the state without a helicopter. No power or phone up to the house there, and it doesn't look to be any for quite some time.
BigAirSkier1580
Bumper

Post by BigAirSkier1580 »

Temporary road on Mendon Route 4 would allow access to utilities, emergency vehicles
Central Vermont Public Service says it has reached an agreement with state transportation officials to start building a temporary lane on Route 4 in Mendon to allow utility crews and emergency vehicles access to Killington and areas east of Rutland City on Route 4.

"We agreed with the state that we will build a temporary passage, basically along the right hand edge as you are going up the hill," said Steve Costello, CVPS spokesman. "It will only be available to emergency vehicles and utility vehicles. It will probably take a couple of days to build ... It will not be available to the general public until the state rebuilds the road."

Costello said it would not be "highly engineered" road, describing it as "very temporary."

"This is just such a critical access east-west that we just felt it was imperative that we get something going very quickly," Costello said. "The state has so many dozens of priorities that they are working on right now that we got the go-ahead to build a temporary road."

http://rutlandherald.typepad.com/vermonttoday/#tp
UVSHTSTRM
Bumper

Post by UVSHTSTRM »

Not sure how accurate the accuweather r*in totals are, but Claremont, NH we got 6 inches of r*in and nearly zero flooding. There was some flooding from damn releases in Cornish, Plainfield and Lebanon. Then in Vermont, most places according to accuweather got 3.5 inches. If this is true, I think it goes to show how much the narrow creeks/rivers and elevation played in the destruction in Vermont.
BON SKI
Beginner On Rentals

K1 LODGE COLLAPSED

Post by BON SKI »

BON SKI
Beginner On Rentals

K-1 LODGE COLLAPSED

Post by BON SKI »

Gangsta Rider
Postaholic

Post by Gangsta Rider »

Route 4 West.....Mendon

Route 4 East.....Ktown
BON SKI
Beginner On Rentals

K-1 COLLAPSED

Post by BON SKI »

johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

West hill rd is fine, as i drove up it coming from looking at the damage down by goodro. there is minor to major damage to just about every main rd up here, some worse than others, just to clarify an earlier post made by someone relying on bad second hand info (you know who you are). east mountain rd is a mess as you get further down towards the ski bridge, with plenty of spots undermined shortly after high ridge . some parts of the access rd are also undermined. the golf course is a mess. my road may collapse at the bridge. the pickle barrel seems to have been damaged the worst, not the building, but the grounds.
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Here is a google street view of where roaring brook crosses route 4, just uphill from Godros's, river road, etc. It seems that all the water out of the main Killington basin has to flow down this way. There's pretty good sized ravine (stream bed) right up hill from this and several houses around....I'm sure the damage is extensive to put that amount of debris in the road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Killingto ... 30.07,,0,0
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

UVSHTSTRM wrote:Not sure how accurate the accuweather r*in totals are, but Claremont, NH we got 6 inches of r*in and nearly zero flooding. There was some flooding from damn releases in Cornish, Plainfield and Lebanon. Then in Vermont, most places according to accuweather got 3.5 inches. If this is true, I think it goes to show how much the narrow creeks/rivers and elevation played in the destruction in Vermont.
That can't be right, when I called yesterday morning, she had already dumped 2.25 inches out of the gauge from 4:30am to 7:45am... r*ined most of the day didn't it?
Jim
Slalom Racer

Post by Jim »

anyone know if the long trail brewery got damaged? that river is awfully close to it.