Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
Coydog wrote:
As far as I know, chariots as the source of solar movement was never the scientific consensus. but a geocentric view was for a long time. It was gradually rejected in favor of the heliocentric view because even though the geocentric model works well, it required ever more complicated corrections as more data came in. The heliocentric view explains the same motions more simply.

If the statisticians had known about Russian meddling into our election process and possible collusion, perhaps their projections would have been adjusted as well. 8)
OK that of course is politics...which doesn't belong in this thread but...it is a perfect exemplar (in political form) of how silly and imprecise your thought patterns are.

Be PRECISE.

Precisely what is "Russian meddling?" We NEED DETAILS...not vague allusions. Did they hack voting machines? Did they leak Podesta's emails to WikiLeaks ( which Assange denies and US intelligence officials confirm & the mysteriously murdered Seth Rich seems the likely source to some right wingnuts)? Did they just post stories on line that you didn't like, so that they could try to discourage the election of a candidate that virtually promised to start a war with Russia? What beasts!!

Just like "climate change" as an IMPRECISE term allows ridiculous narratives..."Russian meddling" is an equally imprecise term which allows ridiculous narratives that strike fear in Grubers everywhere.

I will monitor Political Discussion for a response ...because it belongs there.
Yes, agreed, we need to know precisely what is “Russian meddling” without political spin or bias. Unfortunately Gump sacking the lead FBI guy during the ongoing investigation doesn’t seem particularly unbiased.again, you're fully capable of understanding how this works...stop w the false rhetoric...

Now I’m sure in your quest for precision and given the current political hyper-partisanship we can all agree the best course of action would be for independent counsel to investigate the matter fairly and thoroughly.
what charges specifically would they investigate? based on what evidence? put some meat on the burger and we can re-visit this...til then, keep on keepin' on w the narrative that's brought ya'all so far so fast...

I find it nearly impossible to believe you'd buy "facts" and "evidence" of the quality you offer here from anyone else...ya gotta do better than that if you want to convince anyone not "already convinced since before there was anything to be convinced about"...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:what charges specifically would they investigate? based on what evidence? put some meat on the burger and we can re-visit this...til then, keep on keepin' on w the narrative that's brought ya'all so far so fast...

I find it nearly impossible to believe you'd buy "facts" and "evidence" of the quality you offer here from anyone else...ya gotta do better than that if you want to convince anyone not "already convinced since before there was anything to be convinced about"...
Breaking into the email accounts of a presidential campaign is a criminal conspiracy that undermines our election process. This needs to be fully and impartially investigated no matter where it leads.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:what charges specifically would they investigate? based on what evidence? put some meat on the burger and we can re-visit this...til then, keep on keepin' on w the narrative that's brought ya'all so far so fast...

Breaking into the email accounts of a presidential campaign is a criminal conspiracy that undermines our election process. This needs to be fully and impartially investigated no matter where it leads.
who did that? and what does it have to do with trump? certainly he himself didn't do that did he? did any one of his team do that? is there any evidence of a specific someone/anyone "breaking in" to anyone's account? we know podesta's account was compromised but we don't know by whom only that he was fooled by a phishing attack...so I guess if we want to re-open that investigation I can't see a problem with it...let's see exactly how hillary's campaign was compromised, when and by whom...if it leads to trump fine, good luck w that though...until then, more nothingburger and you know it...

so I officially call for an investigation into the hacking of hillary clinton's campaign starting with subpoena's of both evidence and witnesses/accomplices...lets take a good hard look at every detail of clinton;s campaign including her home server and determine exactly where these breeches occurred, why they occurred and who caused them to occur...might as well start back in the primaries just to be sure we are adequately thorough...

gonna be pretty damn funny if that's where this ends up taking us...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... ically-eve" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Following Jason Chaffetz' http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... y-publicly lead from last night, the Senate Judiciary Committee has demanded that The FBI hand over all Comey's memos "memorializing interactions" with Trump, Obama, Sessions, Lynch, Rosenstein, Boente, and Yates...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... sday-930am" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comey To Testify Next Wednesday At 9:30am
Set your alarms: the public appearance by fired FBI Director James Comey (who "evidently has a new phone #") that could make or break the presidency, has just been scheduled, and according to Jason Chaffetz, the hearing will take place next Wednesday at 9:30am.

Follow
Jason Chaffetz ✔ @jasoninthehouse
Officially noticed a hearing for next Wed at 9:30am ET with former FBI Dir Comey. But I still need to speak with him...evidently has a new #
2:14 PM - 17 May 2017

so what happens? does comey refuse? take the fifth?
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Artist's Impression Of The Mainstream Media This Week

mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... sday-930am

Comey To Testify Next Wednesday At 9:30am
Set your alarms: the public appearance by fired FBI Director James Comey (who "evidently has a new phone #") that could make or break the presidency, has just been scheduled, and according to Jason Chaffetz, the hearing will take place next Wednesday at 9:30am.

Follow
Jason Chaffetz ✔ @jasoninthehouse
Officially noticed a hearing for next Wed at 9:30am ET with former FBI Dir Comey. But I still need to speak with him...evidently has a new #
2:14 PM - 17 May 2017

so what happens? does comey refuse? take the fifth?
Comey will say that he was wrong all along and should have recommended prosecuting Hillary. Gump will then renominate him.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Coydog wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
Coydog wrote:
As far as I know, chariots as the source of solar movement was never the scientific consensus. but a geocentric view was for a long time. It was gradually rejected in favor of the heliocentric view because even though the geocentric model works well, it required ever more complicated corrections as more data came in. The heliocentric view explains the same motions more simply.

If the statisticians had known about Russian meddling into our election process and possible collusion, perhaps their projections would have been adjusted as well. 8)
OK that of course is politics...which doesn't belong in this thread but...it is a perfect exemplar (in political form) of how silly and imprecise your thought patterns are.

Be PRECISE.

Precisely what is "Russian meddling?" We NEED DETAILS...not vague allusions. Did they hack voting machines? Did they leak Podesta's emails to WikiLeaks ( which Assange denies and US intelligence officials confirm & the mysteriously murdered Seth Rich seems the likely source to some right wingnuts)? Did they just post stories on line that you didn't like, so that they could try to discourage the election of a candidate that virtually promised to start a war with Russia? What beasts!!

Just like "climate change" as an IMPRECISE term allows ridiculous narratives..."Russian meddling" is an equally imprecise term which allows ridiculous narratives that strike fear in Grubers everywhere.

I will monitor Political Discussion for a response ...because it belongs there.
Yes, agreed, we need to know precisely what is “Russian meddling” without political spin or bias. Unfortunately Gump sacking the lead FBI guy during the ongoing investigation doesn’t seem particularly unbiased.

Now I’m sure in your quest for precision and given the current political hyper-partisanship we can all agree the best course of action would be for independent counsel to investigate the matter fairly and thoroughly.

Yeah fine I don't particularly care whether there is a special prosecutor... I just need to know WHAT....IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS... do you think Trump and Putin COULD HAVE DONE to "meddle" with the election???????

WHAT precisely?????

Let voters find out what the DNC was actually saying behind our backs???????

Allow RT to post alternative narratives about world events????

OMG!! People cannot be allowed to hear other opinions!!!!

Shill at 4Chan to compete with CTR and ShareBlue to compete with Soros????

Post rare Pepes to destroy Hillary's health????

What the hell could Putin collude to do?????? BE PRECISE

You guys have literally nothing because in actuality Hillary lost because her globalist sympathies have been rejected by Americans.

Putin did not have the ability to change the election.....unless he is somehow magical and can perform magical "meddling" that will magically make the heroic Hillary lose to the demon Trump. I guess Putin is a lot like CO2. Just sorta magically destrcuctive in some vague and indefinable way.
Ski the edges!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I'm glad there's a special prosecutor. The house/senate investigations are too political and rarely go anywhere. Will they find anything with Russia? No... Trump may have asked Comey to lay off Flynn. If he did stupid on Trump's part, butt it won't go anywhere.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Coydog Found your earlier comment in thread about "email hacking" being at the heart of your meddling argument. Hopefully, in the interest of being well educated you are well aware of the framework of what Assange/ Wikileaks has done in the world. Assange has a LONG history of being steadfast in his efforts to expose corruptions in our power structure. His damage to the REPUBLICAN BUSH administration was massive. Believing that somehow Assange is now in the pocket of Trump and Putin is prima facie proof of delusional thinking.

If you read all the potential explanations about the DNC / Podesta email releases, including Russia admitting they monitored Romanian hacker Guccifer (who had hacked into RT) and discovered that he had hacked Hillary's home server:

This was WAY BACK in May2016 (everyone that reads beyond the MSM knew this WAY BACK THEN) that:

Russia’s Kremlin now has in their possession at least private 20,000 emails from Hillary Clinton’s poorly protected server, and they are debating if they should be released.

They stumbled onto these messages while monitoring Romanian computer hacker Lazăr Lehel, who is better known as “Guccifer.” They were watching him closely after he failed to hack into the internet network for Russia’s RT television network.

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/breaking ... in-smiling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the subsequent wailing and sniping seems to ignore this story that precedes narratives of Trump/Putin collusion.

I think it is extremely likely that Putin has ALL OF HILLARY's EMAILS. not just the few released by Wikileaks.

Think about it. Hillary is an arrogant idiot with VERY POWERFUL FRIENDS. She put her hidden emails on a server a kid could hack into. Who got those emails? Probably everyone that tried. So if we had elected Hillary we would have a president that could be blackmailed by all her enemies.

The Podesta emails were probably released by DNC staffer Seth Rich.

In any case....who WROTE the emails that made the folks distrust Hillary. Here's a clue : it wasn't Trump or Putin.

If we had a properly adversarial press we wouldn't need hackers to find out that Hillary and the DNC were heartless power brokers and not friends of the working class.

Shame on NYT and WaPO for needing something like WikiLeaks to get the important TRUTHS revealed in the "hacked emails" in front of the voters. That was their job and they failed at it...and they blame the Russians for doing a job THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE: putting the TRUTH about Hillary in front of the voting public.
Ski the edges!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

freeski wrote:I'm glad there's a special prosecutor. The house/senate investigations are too political and rarely go anywhere. Will they find anything with Russia? No... Trump may have asked Comey to lay off Flynn. If he did stupid on Trump's part, butt it won't go anywhere.
Rosenstein did exactly the right thing in appointing Mueller as special counsel. Mueller is solid and both sides are likely to accept his findings. Very nice end around Sessions - I guess Rosenstein didn't particularly enjoy getting hung out to dry.

These independent investigations have a life of their own. Remember Bill was originally investigated for real estate irregularities and we ended up with Lewinski. Will this investigation find anything with Gump and Russia? Who knows, though no doubt something will turn up, obstruction of justice, conflict of interest, the possibilities are endless. But in the end if there's nothing there, the Dems have played their card and will have to accept it.

#MAGA
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
freeski wrote:I'm glad there's a special prosecutor. The house/senate investigations are too political and rarely go anywhere. Will they find anything with Russia? No... Trump may have asked Comey to lay off Flynn. If he did stupid on Trump's part, butt it won't go anywhere.
Rosenstein did exactly the right thing in appointing Mueller as special counsel. Mueller is solid and both sides are likely to accept his findings. Very nice end around Sessions - I guess Rosenstein didn't particularly enjoy getting hung out to dry.Rosenstein had been overseeing the Russia probe in the wake of the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who stepped aside over his failure to disclose a meeting with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

"In my capacity as acting attorney general I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a special counsel to assume responsibility for the matter," Rosenstein said in a statement.

"My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted," he added. "I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command."

These independent investigations have a life of their own. Remember Bill was originally investigated for real estate irregularities and we ended up with Lewinski. Will this investigation find anything with Gump and Russia? Who knows, though no doubt something will turn up, obstruction of justice, conflict of interest, the possibilities are endless. But in the end if there's nothing there, the Dems have played their card and will have to accept it.

#MAGA
President Trump voiced confidence Wednesday evening that a federal investigation into his campaign’s ties to Russia will find no collusion, even after the appointment of a special counsel.

“As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know – there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity,” Trump said in a statement.

“I look forward to this matter concluding quickly,” he added. “In the meantime, I will never stop fighting for the people and the issues that matter most to the future of our country.”
CNN Brazenly Suggests the 'Deep State' is Responsible for Memogate Revenge Against the President

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... -president" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erick Erickson: Mueller returns and Republicans should rejoice

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/ ... joice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be looking forward to the subpoena of comey's notes going back to a time prior to the lynch/billy meeting on the tarmac...

seeing what trey gowdy had to say last nite I have to say he looked confident in fact nearly giddy over the prospect while actually defending comey....

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/16/gowdy ... eep-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On Fox News’ “The Story,” Gowdy cryptically told host Martha McCallum that he believes “history will be much kinder to Jim Comey in that July press conference than the Democrats were.”

“I think he had access to information that, because he is a stand-up guy he’s not gonna disseminate classified information (though God knows everybody else is)…so all your viewers see is this meeting on the tarmac,” he explained.

“Jim Comey had access to additional information that I am convinced left him with no other choice but to make the decision he made in July,” Gowdy said.

Sponsored Links by
McCallum asked if he was implying that Comey was pressured into clearing Clinton of all wrongdoing.

“No…he wanted to safeguard the integrity of the investigation, the integrity of the process, and I probably ought to just leave it right there,” Gowdy replied.

“Trust me when I tell you this, Martha — I know what it was and I have been a critic of James Comey in the past. But he made the only decision he could have made with respect to appropriating that decision away from the Department of Justice and making the decision himself.”

“I only take away from that that you are suggesting that there were more entanglements between the Clintons and perhaps the Justice Department than everyone understands,” McCallum guessed.

“You’re very perceptive,” Gowdy confirmed

and this from pelosi...

"In other words, again, if you are talking about impeachment, you are talking about what are the facts. Not that I don't like him and I don't like his hair and — what are the facts?" Pelosi said.

"What are the facts that you would make a case on? What are the rules that he may have violated? If you don't have that case, you are just participating in more hearsay."
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:and this from pelosi...

"In other words, again, if you are talking about impeachment, you are talking about what are the facts. Not that I don't like him and I don't like his hair and — what are the facts?" Pelosi said.

"What are the facts that you would make a case on? What are the rules that he may have violated? If you don't have that case, you are just participating in more hearsay."
When there's smoke you have to investigate to determine whether the smoke is from fire or something else. No different than what you'd do if you saw or smelled smoke in your home. I think the democrats are valid in their concern, but are sensationalizing the incident more than they should ... perhaps over playing their hand. Like Coydog said, they may indeed have to accept the outcome .. even to their own detriment.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:and this from pelosi...

When there's smoke you have to investigate to determine whether the smoke is from fire or something else. No different than what you'd do if you saw or smelled smoke in your home. I think the democrats are valid in their concern, but are sensationalizing the incident more than they should ... perhaps over playing their hand. Like Coydog said, they may indeed have to accept the outcome .. even to their own detriment.
this is a huge departure from her usual rhetoric...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:this is a huge departure from her usual rhetoric...
She's been around long enough to know the drill and to be mindful around how her own words could be used against her.