NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Post by Dickc »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:..Sigh...if they had ONLY stuck with...Kung Pao Chicken and Ta Chien Beef....
Excuse me, I said BEEF teriyaki, not bat teriyaki! :beat
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

LOL.

FWIW. WHO special discussion a coupla days ago implied they ruled out manufactued virus as if it was man made it woulda had this or that in it, which it doesn't.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Captain Hafski wrote:LOL.

FWIW. WHO special discussion a coupla days ago implied they ruled out manufactured virus as if it was man made it woulda had this or that in it, which it doesn't.
yeah I'd trust gas station sushi more than I trust the WHO or the UN...the WHO has been a fountain of misinformation and misdirection...
World Health Organization (WHO)

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified
No travel ban: Tedros, as he is called, said the WHO does not recommend limiting either trade or travel to China at this time. “In fact, we oppose it,” he said. The health organization said it would question border closures, quarantining of airplane passengers who aren’t ill, and similar steps. Some regions have taken such measures, including Hong Kong, which has sought to limit transportation to the Chinese mainland. British Airways and American Airlines said this week they would halt or limit flights to China as well.

Tedros also called on countries to combat false information about the virus circulating on social media, including Twitter. “This is the time for facts, not fear; for science, not rumors. This is the time for solidarity, not stigma,” he said.
unless you are a virologist, medical researcher etc with access to both the virus and a lab you have no idea what covid 19 is made up of or not...

there's plenty of reasons why there would be suppression of evidence that there was an HIV sequence inserted...

can you imagine the panic of an "airborne" HIV? no matter that just having an HIV insert doesn't make it the virus that causes aids...plenty of people are in a panic as it is...

labs modify samples to create "gain of function" during research all the time...if a virus can escape from a lab, so can one that has been modified for "gain of function"...and there's a lot of reasons why that information would be suppressed...

I never claimed it was a bioweapon or that it was intentionally released...I also don't buy that it originated in a wet market....there's plenty of evidence to suggest that it was accidentally "released" from the lab...and unless you know exactly what kind of research and experiments they were doing with those samples there's no way to know what got out...

we may never know the actual truth...we certainly don't right now...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Good video:

Though I disagree with his assertion that the US is showing a decrease in new cases per day as a sustainable trend, the last 2-3 days after the video was published have new case back up again above 30K per day.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

38k new confirmed USA cases last day [ref. WHO daily situation report].
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Captain Hafski wrote:38k new confirmed USA cases last day [ref. WHO daily situation report].

DO YOU SEE?

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Quite the process getting PPE. Great article:

https://medium.com/@brentmauriello/how- ... 2b124cf968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/five-e ... ge-january" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a stunning expose, the Australian newspaper reports that "the Five Eyes intelligence agencies of Australia, Canada, NZ, UK and US, are understood to be looking closely at the work of a senior scientist at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Peng Zhou, as they examine whether COVID-19 originated from a wet market or whether the naturally-­occurring virus may have been released from the level four laboratory in Wuhan that was studying deadly coronavirus pathogens from bats."

Of course, the name of Peng has been long familiar to our readers, and would have been familiar to far more people had Twitter not decided to arbitrarily suspend the Zero Hedge account over a report exposing Mr. Zhou.

As we reported in January -{see link in article}
One press release from his lab was titled: "How bats carry viruses without getting sick." Via the Telegraph:

It can be revealed that Zhou — the head of the Bat Virus Infection and Immunity Project at the Wuhan Institute of Virology — spent three years at the bio-containment facility, Australian Animal Health Laboratory between 2011 and 2014, where he was sent by China to complete his doctorate.

During this time, Zhou arranged for wild-caught bats to be transported alive by air from Queensland to the Australian Animal Health Laboratory in Victoria where they were euthanised for dissection and studied for deadly viruses.

His work was funded jointly by the CSIRO and the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

It examined bat immunology and the role of interferons and how “bats are rich reservoirs for emerging viruses, including many that are highly pathogenic to humans and other mammals” and “many of which cause significant morbidity and mortality in humans and other mammals.”
more importantly THIS
Western intelligence is also looking into the work of the original "Bat Woman" Shi Zhengli, a colleague of Zhou who is the director of the Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
As we reported in February, Shi notably co-authored a controversial paper in 2015 see embedded link in original article... which described the creation of a new virus by combining a coronavirus found in Chinese horseshoe bats with another that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice. This research sparked a huge debate at the time over whether engineering lab variants of viruses with possible pandemic potential is worth the risks.

As Nature.com reported in 2015, the findings reinforce suspicions that bat coronaviruses capable of directly infecting humans (rather than first needing to evolve in an intermediate animal host) may be more common than previously thought, the researchers say.

Zhengli also spent time in Australia as a visiting scientist for three months from February 22 to May 21, 2006 where she worked at the CSIRO’s top-level Australian Animal Health Laboratory.

She used faecal samples of horseshoe bats to identify that they were the natural host for SARS-like coronaviruses. -Daily Telegraph

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month that researchers at the WIV had collected bats in a cave over 1,000 miles away in Yunnan which carried COVID-19.
In mid-April, the Washington Post reported that the US State Department received two cables from US Embassy officials in 2018 warning of inadequate safety at Wuhan Institute of Virology, which was conducting 'risky studies' on bat coronaviruses, according to the report - which notes that the cables have "fueled discussions inside the U.S. government about whether this or another Wuhan lab was the source of the virus."
the public has absolutely no way of verifying ANY of this info no matter who presents it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

One million confirmed cases.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:One million confirmed cases.
so like a little less one-third of 1% of the population?
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Pennsylvania Takes Hundreds of 'Probable' COVID Deaths Off Books After Coroners Come Forward
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:One million confirmed cases.
so like a little less one-third of 1% of the population?
Yeah, at this rate the whole country will be infected by the year 2065.

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Confirmed case numbers mean very little. You test more, you find more. The semi-random antibody testing NY did last week indicated that as much as 20% of NYC and 14% of NY State overall could have had the virus. That's alone is several million cases. At least in NYC on LI the good news is new hospital admissions are dropping, and that is an indication of what was happening a week or two ago. I am hopeful things will begin looking much better as we get into May. Except in GA, SC and the other states that are opening up too soon.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

PinnacleJim wrote:Confirmed case numbers mean very little. You test more, you find more. The semi-random antibody testing NY did last week indicated that as much as 20% of NYC and 14% of NY State overall could have had the virus. That's alone is several million cases. At least in NYC on LI the good news is new hospital admissions are dropping, and that is an indication of what was happening a week or two ago. I am hopeful things will begin looking much better as we get into May. Except in GA, SC and the other states that are opening up too soon.
so we're testing virtually every sick person we can find and coming up w a million cases nation wide so far...we can find more if start testing every person who sniffles or every person regardless of symptoms...that just means it's far less deadly than we were led to believe...

do we really need to test more people so we can find more people? or do we need to focus on protecting the vulnerable from it? for the avg healthy person following best safe practices the risk is very low...

hospital admissions and ICU admissions are key indicators...too many variables with "number of positives" and "number of deaths" to draw any conclusion simply based on the number reported...

I agree with your assessment of may, but it's 8 only days away...it remains to be seen whether any states have opened too soon or not...

right now I feel like the risk here in vt is low...the chances of coming in contact with it are virtually nil anywhere I go...is it possible? of course? but for the most part I'm not concerned...then again for many of us 6 ft seemed awful close to begin with anyway...
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

RIP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/nyre ... e=Homepage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;