"Boys of Spring"

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: "Boys of Spring"

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:been an awful long time since spring eh sox fans?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mlb+sta ... 8&oe=utf-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the all star game has come and gone w/ nary a peep...
Going to be a longer time until their golf season starts. We know they are not going to the playoff's. The question now is will the Yankees maintain their division lead, and are they good enough for the playoffs?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dickc wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mlb+sta ... 8&oe=utf-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to be a longer time until their golf season starts. We know they are not going to the playoff's. The question now is will the Yankees maintain their division lead, and are they good enough for the playoffs?
couldn;t tell ya, don;t think I watched a single game all year... just stirring the pot, can;t have a whole week go by w/o at least one post in the sports forum... :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Season is about over.

What else do you want.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:

Season is about over.

What else do you want.
guess some teams throw in the towel at the AS break....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I'm Already starting to follow NFL news as this baseball season is done for the Red Sox. The only interesting thing will be all the trades in the off season to get pitching .
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:I'm Already starting to follow NFL news as this baseball season is done for the Red Sox. The only interesting thing will be all the trades in the off season to get pitching .
Don't really see all that much pitching being available/
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

It's only 11 games back. There is still a chance things could turn around. A few more games back, though, and that hope will be long gone. Yanks are capable for the playoffs, but can they maintain for 3 months? We shall see.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:It's only 11 games back. There is still a chance things could turn around. A few more games back, though, and that hope will be long gone. Yanks are capable for the playoffs, but can they maintain for 3 months? We shall see.
I don't see the EE as a capable playoff team at all.

Their pitching isn't that good, obviously better than the Sox but once they get out of the division it's a whole different story.

The NL just looks so strong.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Sox are getting Don Orsillo back soon. He'll turn things around. :shock:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:Sox are getting Don Orsillo back soon. He'll turn things around. :shock:
Pretty decent announcer.

Is always picked to do the playoffs for TBS.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Yankees are a big surprise so far this season. I didn't think they'd compete, even in the AL Least.

Red Sox are no surprise. You could put Carl Yastrzemski in his prime on that team and they'd still suck, although maybe not quite as bad. No pitching, plain and simple.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:Yankees are a big surprise so far this season. I didn't think they'd compete, even in the AL Least.

Red Sox are no surprise. You could put Carl Yastrzemski in his prime on that team and they'd still suck, although maybe not quite as bad. No pitching, plain and simple.
True but when they get the pitching the hitting disappears.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Bubba wrote:Yankees are a big surprise so far this season. I didn't think they'd compete, even in the AL Least.

True but when they get the pitching the hitting disappears.
yep, its difficult ( at best) to put a winning team on the field, even more so to do it every year.... few even come close to that mark...
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Three home runs for Alex Rodriguez. Looks like he worked his ass off on his year off. Don't support what he did, but it's nice to see a great come back especially at his age. He potatoed them 420ish each. :like :like

Oh yea, GO RED SOX :sad:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:His ERA against AL teams is well over 4. In 30 career interleague starts, Hamels now has a 4.61 ERA against AL teams compared to 3.13 against NL teams.
IMHO, he would be an asset to the Sox rotation, no doubt about it. His "clutch" statistics are also impressive. Given Boston's pitchers, pretty sure Hamels, if traded, could be your #1/#2 starter.
I think based on his history with AL teams that he's a 3, maybe a 2 at best.

But I wouldn't give you M. Betts for him in any case.

J. Bradley Jr., straight up, maybe :ani_smiles: throw Shane V in as well.
Who's your #1 and #2 if you're slotting Hamels at #3? Buchholz and Porcello? Not sure I've seen enough to be on-board with Porcello as a #2. I think if Porcello doesn't meet expectations by the break, we'll see Hamels traded to Boston for more than Bradley.
Hamels pitches a no-no yesterday.