Obama's world

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Obama's world

Post by Mister Moose »

freeski wrote: Mr. Moose after posting I thought about the cross, but that's jewelry.

Bubba, so, why do orthodox Jews wear yarmulke in public? I've always wondered what they are for.
And while you're at it Bubba, why does the Pope wear one?

Freeski, even if it's jewelry, it still can be fairly obvious. Another example is the Hindu Vibhuti or Bindi, the dots on foreheads.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Bubba wrote: An American orthodox Jew has a greater allegiance to being Jewish than being an American?
You didn't know that? What world do you live in?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I concede, the cross is no different than other religious things people wear. Yes, what's up with the pope's yarmulke? I believe the red dot means they're married, but I think it can mean other things as well.

SB1, thank you for the support. I think that is self evident. If someone firmly believes in a real all powerful omnipotent god it would not make any sense for them to have a higher allegiance to a country created by man.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

freeski wrote: I believe the red dot means they're married, but I think it can mean other things as well.
I may be wrong but I thought the groom rubbed the spot off his bride to see if he won a motel or a 7-11 from his new father-in-law.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Boy, I think some of you live in a closet and have no interaction with the outside World. The Bindi (e.g., red dot) is pretty common for Hindus. It often signifies a Hindu woman is married, but this is not always the case.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:If you believe in god in a literal way then it would follow that you would have a greater allegiance to religion than country. :D

I thought for sure people would be upset by the "These are dangerous people" part of the statement. Mr. Moose after posting I thought about the cross, but that's jewelry.

Bubba, so, why do orthodox Jews wear yarmulke in public? I've always wondered what they are for.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kippah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Various reasons for wearing or not wearing a yarmulke, whether in public, in synagogue or any time in prayer. Like almost everything in Judaism, there is debate.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Boy, I think some of you live in a closet and have no interaction with the outside World. blind observation, not everyone lives in a city, how many hindus do you think there are in vermont? not everyone wishes to be part of the cesspool most cities are comprised of... many prefer to be in rural areas, surrounded ( very loosely) by similar people of like mind...and there's nothing wrong w that...many many people never leave their hometown, let alone their home state... take a look at poverty stricken cities too, most of their inhabitants never travel more than a few blocks from home...what about those who frequently travel but from their wealthy neighborhood to vacation destinations and never see " flyover country"? there's a whole lot of "world" out there and most people will never experience the vast majority of it, nor do they want to... The Bindi (e.g., red dot) is pretty common for Hindus. It often signifies a Hindu woman is married, but this is not always the case.
all that info is readily available from the internet but not everyone cares to know...doesn't mean they live in a closet per se....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kippah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Various reasons for wearing or not wearing a yarmulke, whether in public, in synagogue or any time in prayer. Like almost everything in Judaism, there is debate.
Thanks, I read through it.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

So once Obama calls for "gun Confiscation '' from the law abiding citizen who is going to check all the Mosques in America for the " hidden cache of weapons " waiting for the "migrants " when they arrive here in America ?
Is anyone else concerned of the fact that it's taking Putin less than 2 weeks to drive ISIS out of SYRIA after the USA military has complained that their hands are tied ? So where do you think all these " migrants " will be headed ?
Has anyone noticed how the United States has lost it's clout around the world as a matter of fact Israel's Netanyahu has been meeting with Putin to discuss what is taking place in the Middle east, not even bothering with Obama . It's bad enough Under Obama that here in America they say they're over 92,898,000 Americans not in the workforce after they have exhausted all their unemployment benefits . So what are we going to do with over 100,000 more migrants ? I doubt they're going to work in the cold at Killington as lift attendants or snow makers .
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Atomic1 wrote:Has anyone noticed how the United States has lost it's clout around the world as a matter of fact Israel's Netanyahu has been meeting with Putin to discuss what is taking place in the Middle east, not even bothering with Obama .
I'm not sure what this means? What is the United States' "clout", how did we lose "it", and why do we want "it" back?
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Oct 7th, '15, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Has anyone noticed how the United States has lost it's clout around the world as a matter of fact Israel's Netanyahu has been meeting with Putin to discuss what is taking place in the Middle east, not even bothering with Obama .
I'm not sure what this means? What is the United States' "clout", how do we lose "it, and why do we want "it" back?
really? this baffles you?perhaps you need to google grenada or tripoli 1986 for some perspective...or even the cuban missile crisis....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I'm not sure what this means? I'm not sure what this means? What is the United States' "clout", how did we lose "it", and why do we want "it" back?
really? this baffles you?perhaps you need to google grenada or tripoli 1986 for some perspective...or even the cuban missile crisis....
That's quite the leap from Grenada, Tripoli, and the cold war to what Russia is doing in Syria. Help me out here?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I'm not sure what this means? I'm not sure what this means? What is the United States' "clout", how did we lose "it", and why do we want "it" back?
That's quite the leap from Grenada, Tripoli, and the cold war to what Russia is doing in Syria. Help me out here?
do you feign ignorance here or do you seriously not understand? the US is about as feeble as we were during the carter years right now and many countries and radical groups are exploiting that right now, including russia... The US is broke, the military is underfunded, understaffed and the CiC is a pathetic apologist...The opposite of clout for sure... was it really that difficult to understand?
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

The military is underfunded?

We spend as much as China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Kindgom, France, Japan, India, Germany, South Korea, COMBINED!

Disagreeing with our policies is fine, but to suggest we don't spend enough on military? Laughable
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:do you feign ignorance here or do you seriously not understand? the US is about as feeble as we were during the carter years right now and many countries and radical groups are exploiting that right now, including russia... The US is broke, the military is underfunded, understaffed and the CiC is a pathetic apologist...The opposite of clout for sure... was it really that difficult to understand?
There is certainly some tongue in cheek to what I'm saying. I'm asking why should I care Russia is bombing ISIS? We're saving money and lives of Americans by essentially subbing out the dirty work to Russia. The notion the military is underfunded is laughable ... one only needs to compare our defense spending as a % of GDP to other countries and I'd say we're doing just fine.