Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Post by daytripper »

Bigjohnski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 17:01
daytripper wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 11:33
Bigjohnski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 10:55 All of a sudden corrupt democrats believe in borders. Interesting 🤨
Go away please, keep your nonsense in the political section.

Truth hurt??
What truth? I did not want biden to win but he did. The election is over and Trump lost. Time to move on, or at least back to the political page.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Nov 23rd, '20, 18:55 Vermont is the safest place in the nation to quarantine. We are down to 5 deaths for our last 2000 cases of Covid with four of those in one nursing home. Pretty much hardly anyone is dying from the virus here.
Nah! Aroostook County. STILL only ONE death SUPPOSEDLY attributed to Covid-19.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

ME2VTSkier wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 19:45
Guy in Shorts wrote: Nov 23rd, '20, 18:55 Vermont is the safest place in the nation to quarantine. We are down to 5 deaths for our last 2000 cases of Covid with four of those in one nursing home. Pretty much hardly anyone is dying from the virus here.
Nah! Aroostook County. STILL only ONE death SUPPOSEDLY attributed to Covid-19.
I'll bet the rate is very low on Matinicus Island, ME.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

filejw wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 17:54 So let me ask this ! Could I come up on a Sunday night get a hotel and ski for 2/3 days as I have been doing for years...like over 50 .I pretty much consider myself in lockdown anyway.
If you want to go by the rules, you have to have quarantined for 14 days or 7 days and have had a negative test, and then upon your return to MA you will need to quarantine again for 14 day or get another negative test.
Don't Killington Pico
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

daytripper wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 19:33
Bigjohnski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 17:01
daytripper wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 11:33
Bigjohnski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 10:55 All of a sudden corrupt democrats believe in borders. Interesting 🤨
Go away please, keep your nonsense in the political section.

Cheat much?? You and crooked Biden move on

Truth hurt??
What truth? I did not want biden to win but he did. The election is over and Trump lost. Time to move on, or at least back to the political page.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

boston_e wrote:
filejw wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 17:54 So let me ask this ! Could I come up on a Sunday night get a hotel and ski for 2/3 days as I have been doing for years...like over 50 .I pretty much consider myself in lockdown anyway.
If you want to go by the rules, you have to have quarantined for 14 days or 7 days and have had a negative test, and then upon your return to MA you will need to quarantine again for 14 day or get another negative test.
Anyone else appreciate the absurdity of having to quarantine after crossing the border to VT and then having to quarantine again after crossing the border back to MA, especially when numbers in VT are lower than in MA? Someone with sense should have advised that travel to contiguous states should be allowed without quarantine.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Jonathan S.
Green Skidder

Post by Jonathan S. »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 29th, '20, 13:53Anyone else appreciate the absurdity of having to quarantine after crossing the border to VT and then having to quarantine again after crossing the border back to MA, especially when numbers in VT are lower than in MA? Someone with sense should have advised that travel to contiguous states should be allowed without quarantine.
Not really -- too busy focusing on the absurdity that quarantine-free travel is allowed to and from Hawaii, which would necessitate for the roundtrip four visits to lower 48 int'l airports and two lower 48 flight segments.
(Given HI's lower rates, a case could be made for HI<>MA quarantine-free free travel on your private jet, but otherwise, even just the connecting flight after departing HI is a scary prospect.)
filejw
Green Skidder

Post by filejw »

FYI Hawaiian air is flying nonstop from both BOS and JFK and to be honest i feel safer in the airport than I do in CVS or the grocery store.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

asher2789 wrote: Nov 20th, '20, 16:53
biged wrote: Nov 19th, '20, 10:02
asher2789 wrote: Nov 17th, '20, 21:27
throbster wrote: Nov 17th, '20, 20:28 Rand Paul is a physician with his medical degree from Duke.
rand paul is a f*** ophthalmologist. fauci is an infectious disease doctor with decades of experience working under bipartisan administrations and was at the forefront of fighting the early HIV/AIDs epidemic. i trust him far more than an ideologue who's ideology is at direct odds with government intervention on anything besides allowing legal bribery.

keep crying. i know, its hard being an adult and having to follow directions. youll get through this. :violin
Would you have a surgeon who is 79 years old perform surgery or a 57 year old? Not sure I would of picked Fauci as my spokesperson. It didn't take a brain surgeon to know that the virus was going to go crazy like the cold does in the winter months and go to near nothing in the summer. I give more credit to the doctor who mentioned that UV light kills the virus and bacteria. This is one of the reasons why sewage treatment plants switched from chlorine to UV treatment before dumping the graywater into streams and brooks. For the winter the sun is low in the sky, solar radiation is diluted due to the travel through the atmosphere. But lets continue to politicize this virus I stocked up on popcorn for the pandemic and its more entertaining.
this is the most idiotic thing ive ever read.

id rather have a 79 year old surgeon than a 57 year old non surgeon performing surgery on me. but thats besides the point. an ophthalmologist has minimal infectious disease training and vice versa. would you go to an early childhood educator for a college education (maybe you did...)? i mean its all education right? :roll:

i know all about UV. my job is related to it. yes, if everyone upgraded their HVAC systems to the latest and greatest technologies then being inside would be less harmful and the virus would be less likely to spread (but not impossible... as a local UV manufacturer who has their own products running in their factory just had a minor outbreak despite the highest precautions). same if every building and house upgraded all their door handles to copper... same if everyone wore masks for essential errands and otherwise stayed home for 3 weeks.

the reason why illness in the winter is worse than the summer is because people are inside, and the sun is out for a shorter period of time than the summer so less UV radiation, absolutely nothing to do with temperature. if temperature mattered, we'd see a clear difference between southern and northern hemisphere cases. there is none. the only differences are what countries are run with competent, serious, scientifically minded people and what countries are run by unstable ideologues who cater to populist "know nothing"ism. which is why the US, brazil and the UK are doing awful.

as for the "near nothing" during the summer... it has just been going up and up and up and up nationwide. but you know... facts... really hard to square away with trumpism narratives...
Just saw this scanning reply's to my posts. In regards to the surgeon, a 57 year old surgeon is more likely to be up to date with new techniques and technology, that is my point/opinion. A 79 year old politician/physician isn't. Hence my comment on UV treatment of sewage. That was the norm 30 years ago when Fauci was in his prime. Facts is virus goes up in winter like cold down in summer like cold virus. If you think the vaccine is a cure all why haven't they done it for the cold virus yet. It comes every year even though the elite political doctors talk about herd immunity. Personally I'm not a Trump fan but am very cynical of all politicians and medical profession in general.
Jonathan S.
Green Skidder

Post by Jonathan S. »

filejw wrote: Nov 29th, '20, 18:23 FYI Hawaiian air is flying nonstop from both BOS and JFK and to be honest i feel safer in the airport than I do in CVS or the grocery store.
You sure about the BOS nonstop flights? I searched and couldn't find any.
(Not that I'd ever go to HI during the winter -- pandemic or otherwise!)

Even if that one airline does have nonstop flights, that has to be a small % of all MA residents travelling to HI.
HI sounds pretty serious on the requirements for anyone travelling to HI.
But the exposure risk along the way, and then on the way back, sounds far scarier than at least my local grocery store.
(CVS I've stopped going to -- only significant indoor time now other than my own house is groceries every ~1.5 wks.)
filejw
Green Skidder

Post by filejw »

Jonathan S. wrote: Nov 30th, '20, 18:54
filejw wrote: Nov 29th, '20, 18:23 FYI Hawaiian air is flying nonstop from both BOS and JFK and to be honest i feel safer in the airport than I do in CVS or the grocery store.

Even if that one airline does have nonstop flights, that has to be a small % of all MA residents travelling to HI.
But the exposure risk along the way, and then on the way back, sounds far scarier than at least my local grocery store.
(CVS I've stopped going to -- only significant indoor time now other than my own house is groceries every ~1.5 wks.)
Its bookable on their website however they don't go every day.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

filejw wrote: Nov 30th, '20, 19:39
Jonathan S. wrote: Nov 30th, '20, 18:54

Its bookable on their website however they don't go every day.
Go to CVS, get a virus test, fly to an American tropical paradise for Thanksgiving is what some of our relatives are currently doing. Safe to travel if you jump thru all the hoops. Safe to ski also but just like flying you do need a reservation.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
random1
Blue Chatterbox

Post by random1 »

Quarantine at your home is ok, so yes, you're good as described.
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Post by GnarDawg »

I know multiple families with 2nd houses in the Okemo and Killington area that have been up the past 2 weekends. No quarantine and maybe 50% of them get covid tests the week before. They go up Thursday or Friday nights and back Sunday after skiing.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

GnarDawg wrote: Dec 2nd, '20, 09:08 I know multiple families with 2nd houses in the Okemo and Killington area that have been up the past 2 weekends. No quarantine and maybe 50% of them get covid tests the week before. They go up Thursday or Friday nights and back Sunday after skiing.
Not that it matters, but what area are they coming from just out of curiousity?
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......