Obama's world

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Obama's world

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:do you feign ignorance here or do you seriously not understand? the US is about as feeble as we were during the carter years right now and many countries and radical groups are exploiting that right now, including russia... The US is broke, the military is underfunded, understaffed and the CiC is a pathetic apologist...The opposite of clout for sure... was it really that difficult to understand?
There is certainly some tongue in cheek to what I'm saying. I'm asking why should I care Russia is bombing ISIS? cuz they basically told the US step aside or we'll drop the bombs on your guys too? cuz they are bombing the opposition forces the US supports? because they are allied w syria, iran and iraq? because they have made obama look like the pathetic clown he truly is on the world stage? We're saving money and lives of Americans by essentially subbing out the dirty work to Russia. The notion the military is underfunded is laughable ... ridiculous comparison its like saying that a poor person spends 80% of their income on food while a rich person spends .02% so obviously its laughable to think the poor person is underfunded...seems often times your goal is simply to disagree w the likes of atomic , myself and a few others with whom you feel you don;t share anything in common in regards to politics, economics etc.... despite the fact that you often cite the same grievances...one only needs to compare our defense spending as a % of GDP to other countries and I'd say we're doing just fine.yeah ok, guess they got everything hey need, the staff they need, the armored gear and vehicles they need, the money to carry out missions etc...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:do you feign ignorance here or do you seriously not understand? the US is about as feeble as we were during the carter years right now and many countries and radical groups are exploiting that right now, including russia... The US is broke, the military is underfunded, understaffed and the CiC is a pathetic apologist...The opposite of clout for sure... was it really that difficult to understand?
There is certainly some tongue in cheek to what I'm saying. I'm asking why should I care Russia is bombing ISIS? cuz they basically told the US step aside or we'll drop the bombs on your guys too? cuz they are bombing the opposition forces the US supports? because they are allied w syria, iran and iraq? because they have made obama look like the pathetic clown he truly is on the world stage? We're saving money and lives of Americans by essentially subbing out the dirty work to Russia. The notion the military is underfunded is laughable ... ridiculous comparison its like saying that a poor person spends 80% of their income on food while a rich person spends .02% so obviously its laughable to think the poor person is underfunded...seems often times your goal is simply to disagree w the likes of atomic , myself and a few others with whom you feel you don;t share anything in common in regards to politics, economics etc.... despite the fact that you often cite the same grievances...one only needs to compare our defense spending as a % of GDP to other countries and I'd say we're doing just fine.yeah ok, guess they got everything hey need, the staff they need, the armored gear and vehicles they need, the money to carry out missions etc...
The military gets plenty of money. I'm just not sure they're spending it on the right things. Congress treats the defense budget as if it's a job creation program. We get equipment the military doesn't want because Congress continues to fund it for the jobs those programs create. Meanwhile, cuts are made elsewhere in stuff that soldiers need to survive. The F-35, however great it might be, has been one massive cost overrun with the development risk put on the government rather than shared with the contractors under their "cost plus" contracts and that's only the largest of many such debacles.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
The military gets plenty of money. I'm just not sure they're spending it on the right things. Congress treats the defense budget as if it's a job creation program. We get equipment the military doesn't want because Congress continues to fund it for the jobs those programs create. Meanwhile, cuts are made elsewhere in stuff that soldiers need to survive. The F-35, however great it might be, has been one massive cost overrun with the development risk put on the government rather than shared with the contractors under their "cost plus" contracts and that's only the largest of many such debacles.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... s-history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, how big are the current cuts? Historically speaking, they’re incredibly large. In 2011, the defense budget represented 4.7% of total gross domestic product; this year’s percentage will be 2.7%. In real dollars, US defense spending is set to plummet from $705.6 in 2011 billion to $496 billion. That represents a budget cut of approximately 30%.
Overall, major defense cuts come with a serious price: the price of emboldened enemies. Unfortunately, the cuts contemplated by Chuck Hagel and company have already borne fruit in an emboldened China in the South China Sea, a resurgent Vladimir Putin-led Russia, an aggressively Islamist Middle East. The problem with military cuts is not merely that they decrease American capacity to make war, though they surely do. The problem is that purposeful and large-scale military decreases send a message to the rest of the world that America is in retreat.

Sadly, under the Obama administration, that signal is both clear and correctly interpreted.

not going to disagree w the effectiveness of the current spending, much is squandered, but that's always been the case...you have to fund the real world military as it exists not as it would exist in an ideal world...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

"Our military spends too much" is not consistent with "Let's help with the crisis in _______ " (fill in one of dozens of countries). The military's budget includes the cost of being the world's policeman and the world's search and rescue, and the world's disaster relief.

The bigger question is why don't other countries spend more? Then we could spend less.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:"Our military spends too much" is not consistent with "Let's help with the crisis in _______ " (fill in one of dozens of countries). The military's budget includes the cost of being the world's policeman and the world's search and rescue, and the world's disaster relief.

The bigger question is why don't other countries spend more? Then we could spend less.
unfortunately the clown prince is going about that with an @ssbackwards methodology-- cut our spending and presence to create a vacuum that others may step in and fill , too bad he doesn;t seem to have thought of what that vacuum will be filled with, or perhaps he has...
mach es sehr schnell

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Did anyone see the video that ISIS released yesterday with the child around 10 yrs. of age saying that they want to "cut off Obama's head " . I'm not going to link it here as nobody has time for that BUT as I watched it I couldn't help but think , ISIS is pissed that Obama has lost control of the Middle East to Putin and Putin is going to wipe them out !
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

[quote="Mister Moose] Gotta agree with XJ there. I see a lot of cross jewelry worn, usually necklaces on women. Or stars of David. None were dangerous, and I somehow doubt it conflicted with their being american. I do have to wonder how a woman functions in a burqa in certain situations here in the US: How does she do anything for which a photo ID is required? How is she processed if arrested? And then we have Kim Davis, not a Muslim, who puts her religion above (one of) her country's laws. Even the US Marines say, "God, Country, Corp" They place God first, but they accept the Marine Corps Regulations.

While the Bible instructs stoning for adultery (Deuteronomy 22:13-29), or preaching a different religion (Deuteronomy 13:6-11), or a half dozen other offenses, I don't see Christians doing this. There is a recognition in Christianity and Judaism of modern criminal law. This is the fundamental difference: The only religion that is on the radar screen currently that does not recognize modern criminal law and justifies killing for religious reasons is the extremist branches (and there are many branches) of the Muslim faith. No other group, person, or faith has accumulated the track record shown below, and this is a partial list:

18 April 1983 – 1983 United States embassy bombing 63 killed, 120 wounded.
23 October 1983 – 1983 Beirut barracks bombing 305 killed, 75 wounded.
26 February 1993 – World Trade Center bombing, New York City. Six killed.
13 March 1993 – 1993 Bombay bombings. Mumbai, India. 250 dead, 700 injured.
28 July 1994 – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vehicle suicide bombing attack against AMIA building, the local Jewish community representation. 85 dead, more than 300 injured.
24 December 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by three members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. Seven killed, including the hijackers.
25 June 1996 – Khobar Towers bombing, 20 killed, 372 wounded.
17 November 1997 – Luxor attack, six terrorists attack tourists at Egypts famous Luxor Ruins. 68 foreign tourists killed.
14 February 1998 – Bombing in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. 13 bombs explode within a 12 km radius. 46 killed and over 200 injured.
7 August 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured.
4 September 1999 – A series of bombing attacks in several cities of Russia, nearly 300 killed.
12 October 2000 – Attack on the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.
11 September 2001 – Four planes hijacked and crashed into World Trade Center, The Pentagon and into a field in Shanksville by 19 hijackers. 2,977 killed and over 6,000 injured.[263]
13 December 2001 – Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations, Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba. Aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. 7 dead, 12 injured.
27 March 2002 – Suicide bomb attack on a Passover Seder in a Hotel in Netanya, Israel. 30 dead, 133 injured.
30 March 2002 and 24 November 2002 – Attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India. Total 25 dead.
24 September 2002 – Machine gun attack on Hindu temple in Ahmedabad, India. 31 dead, 86 injured.[264][265]
12 October 2002 – Bombing in Bali nightclub. 202 killed, 300 injured.[266]
16 May 2003 – Casablanca Attacks – Four simultaneous attacks in Casablanca killing 33 civilians (mostly Moroccans) carried by Salafia Jihadia.
11 March 2004 – Multiple bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured (alleged link to Al-Qaeda).
1 September 2004 – Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.[267][268]
2 November 2004 – The murder of Theo van Gogh (film director) by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.[269]
5 July 2005 – Attack at the Hindu Ram temple at Ayodhya, India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism. 6 dead.
7 July 2005 – Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.
23 July 2005 – Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.
29 October 2005 – 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival.[270]
9 November 2005 – 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured.[271][272] Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.[273]
7 March 2006 – 2006 Varanasi bombings, India. A series of attacks in the Sankatmochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. 28 killed and over 100 injured.[274]
11 July 2006 – 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings, Mumbai, India; a series of seven bomb blasts that took place over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.
14 August 2007 – Qahtaniya bombings: Four suicide vehicle bombers massacred nearly 800 members of northern Iraq's Yazidi sect in the deadliest Iraq war's attack to date.
26 July 2008 – 2008 Ahmedabad bombings, India. slamic terrorists detonate at least 21 explosive devices in the heart of this industrial capital, leaving at least 56 dead and 200 injured. A Muslim group calling itself the Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility. Indian authorities believe that extremists with ties to Pakistan and/or Bangladesh are likely responsible and are intent on inciting communal violence.[275] Investigation by Indian police led to the eventual arrest of a number of terrorists suspected of carrying out the blasts, most of whom belong to a well-known terrorist group, the Students Islamic Movement of India.[276]
13 September 2008 – Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.
26 November 2008 – Muslim extremists kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's largest city and financial capital, Mumbai. he government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government has refused. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.[277][278]
25 October 2009 – Baghdad, Iraq. During a terrorist attack, two bomber vehicles detonated in the Green Zone, killing at least 155 people and injuring 520.
28 October 2009 – Peshawar, Pakistan. A car bomb is detonated in a woman exclusive shopping district, and over 110 killed and over 200 injured.
3 December 2009 – Mogadishu, Somalia. A male suicide bomber disguised as a woman detonates in a hotel meeting hall. The hotel was hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students when the blast went off, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.[279]
1 January 2010 – Lakki Marwat, Pakistan. A suicide car bomber drove his explosive-laden vehicle into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match killing more than 100 people.[280]
1 May 2010 – New York, New York, USA. Faisal Shahzad, an Islamic Pakistani American who received U.S. citizenship in December 2009, attempted to detonate a car bomb in Times Square working with the Pakistani Taliban or Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan–
13 May 2011 – Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques simultaneously belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others.[281]
13 July 2011 – Three bombs exploded at different locations in Mumbai, perpetrated by Indian Mujahideen.
11 September 2012 – The 2012 Benghazi Attack took place on the evening of September 11, 2012; Islamic militants attacked the American diplomatic mission at Benghazi, in Libya, killing U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer.[282]
15 April 2013 – Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev set off two pressure cooker bombs at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon and killed three people.
22 May 2013 – Two Nigerian men attack and kill British Soldier, Lee Rigby in Woolwich, London, UK.[283]
22 September 2013 – 61 civilians, 6 Kenyan soldiers, and 5 attackers die in the Westgate shopping mall attack.
1 March 2014 Kunming attack – Kunming, China. A group of knife-wielding Uyghur attackers stormed Kunming Railway Station, killing 29 civilians and wounding 143 people. 4 of the attackers were shot dead.
7 January 2015 – Charlie Hebdo shooting - Two masked gunmen armed with Kalashnikov rifles and shotguns stormed the headquarters of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris. They shot and killed 12 people, and wounded 11 others.
26 June 2015 – Three separate attacks in a single day by ISIS terrorists, during the month of Ramadan,[284] were carried out: in a US-owned gas factory outside Lyon, France, a man driving a delivery van gained entry and caused a massive explosion, leaving the head of his decapitated boss impaled on the factory's fence;[285] in the Tunisian resort of Sousse, an ISIS gunman opened fire on tourists, targeting British holiday makers in particular, killing 38 people;[286] and in Kuwait City, a suicide bomber detonated himself in a mosque packed with around 2,000 people, killing at least 25 people.[287]

So while not all brown speckled snakes are copperheads, and I am not fearful of all snakes, I don't find it unwise to be wary of brown speckled snakes in the woods until I find out if it is a copperhead or not.[/quote]

10 October 2015 - Two explosions rocked a peace rally in the capital of Turkey killing 95 people.
The killing by Muslims continues...
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:[quote="Mister Moose] Gotta agree with XJ there. I see a lot of cross jewelry worn, usually necklaces on women. Or stars of David. None were dangerous, and I somehow doubt it conflicted with their being american. I do have to wonder how a woman functions in a burqa in certain situations here in the US: How does she do anything for which a photo ID is required? How is she processed if arrested? And then we have Kim Davis, not a Muslim, who puts her religion above (one of) her country's laws. Even the US Marines say, "God, Country, Corp" They place God first, but they accept the Marine Corps Regulations.

While the Bible instructs stoning for adultery (Deuteronomy 22:13-29), or preaching a different religion (Deuteronomy 13:6-11), or a half dozen other offenses, I don't see Christians doing this. There is a recognition in Christianity and Judaism of modern criminal law. This is the fundamental difference: The only religion that is on the radar screen currently that does not recognize modern criminal law and justifies killing for religious reasons is the extremist branches (and there are many branches) of the Muslim faith. No other group, person, or faith has accumulated the track record shown below, and this is a partial list:

18 April 1983 – 1983 United States embassy bombing 63 killed, 120 wounded.
28 July 1994 – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vehicle suicide bombing attack against AMIA building, the local Jewish community representation. 85 dead, more than 300 injured.
24 December 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by three members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. Seven killed, including the hijackers.
17 November 1997 – Luxor attack, six terrorists attack tourists at Egypts famous Luxor Ruins. 68 foreign tourists killed.
14 February 1998 – Bombing in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. 13 bombs explode within a 12 km radius. 46 killed and over 200 injured.
7 August 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured.
4 September 1999 – A series of bombing attacks in several cities of Russia, nearly 300 killed.
11 September 2001 – Four planes hijacked and crashed into World Trade Center, The Pentagon and into a field in Shanksville by 19 hijackers. 2,977 killed and over 6,000 injured.[263]
13 December 2001 – Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations, Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba. Aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. 7 dead, 12 injured.
27 March 2002 – Suicide bomb attack on a Passover Seder in a Hotel in Netanya, Israel. 30 dead, 133 injured.
30 March 2002 and 24 November 2002 – Attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India. Total 25 dead.
24 September 2002 – Machine gun attack on Hindu temple in Ahmedabad, India. 31 dead, 86 injured.[264][265]
16 May 2003 – Casablanca Attacks – Four simultaneous attacks in Casablanca killing 33 civilians (mostly Moroccans) carried by Salafia Jihadia.
11 March 2004 – Multiple bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured (alleged link to Al-Qaeda).
1 September 2004 – Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.[267][268]
2 November 2004 – The murder of Theo van Gogh (film director) by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.[269]
5 July 2005 – Attack at the Hindu Ram temple at Ayodhya, India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism. 6 dead.
7 July 2005 – Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.
23 July 2005 – Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.
29 October 2005 – 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival.[270]
9 November 2005 – 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured.[271][272] Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.[273]
7 March 2006 – 2006 Varanasi bombings, India. A series of attacks in the Sankatmochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. 28 killed and over 100 injured.[274]
11 July 2006 – 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings, Mumbai, India; a series of seven bomb blasts that took place over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.
14 August 2007 – Qahtaniya bombings: Four suicide vehicle bombers massacred nearly 800 members of northern Iraq's Yazidi sect in the deadliest Iraq war's attack to date.
26 July 2008 – 2008 Ahmedabad bombings, India. slamic terrorists detonate at least 21 explosive devices in the heart of this industrial capital, leaving at least 56 dead and 200 injured. A Muslim group calling itself the Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility. Indian authorities believe that extremists with ties to Pakistan and/or Bangladesh are likely responsible and are intent on inciting communal violence.[275] Investigation by Indian police led to the eventual arrest of a number of terrorists suspected of carrying out the blasts, most of whom belong to a well-known terrorist group, the Students Islamic Movement of India.[276]
13 September 2008 – Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.
26 November 2008 – Muslim extremists kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's largest city and financial capital, Mumbai. he government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government has refused. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.[277][278]
25 October 2009 – Baghdad, Iraq. During a terrorist attack, two bomber vehicles detonated in the Green Zone, killing at least 155 people and injuring 520.
28 October 2009 – Peshawar, Pakistan. A car bomb is detonated in a woman exclusive shopping district, and over 110 killed and over 200 injured.
3 December 2009 – Mogadishu, Somalia. A male suicide bomber disguised as a woman detonates in a hotel meeting hall. The hotel was hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students when the blast went off, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.[279]
1 January 2010 – Lakki Marwat, Pakistan. A suicide car bomber drove his explosive-laden vehicle into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match killing more than 100 people.[280]
1 May 2010 – New York, New York, USA. Faisal Shahzad, an Islamic Pakistani American who received U.S. citizenship in December 2009, attempted to detonate a car bomb in Times Square working with the Pakistani Taliban or Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan–
13 May 2011 – Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques simultaneously belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others.[281]
13 July 2011 – Three bombs exploded at different locations in Mumbai, perpetrated by Indian Mujahideen.
11 September 2012 – The 2012 Benghazi Attack took place on the evening of September 11, 2012; Islamic militants attacked the American diplomatic mission at Benghazi, in Libya, killing U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer.[282]
15 April 2013 – Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev set off two pressure cooker bombs at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon and killed three people.
22 May 2013 – Two Nigerian men attack and kill British Soldier, Lee Rigby in Woolwich, London, UK.[283]
22 September 2013 – 61 civilians, 6 Kenyan soldiers, and 5 attackers die in the Westgate shopping mall attack.
1 March 2014 Kunming attack – Kunming, China. A group of knife-wielding Uyghur attackers stormed Kunming Railway Station, killing 29 civilians and wounding 143 people. 4 of the attackers were shot dead.
7 January 2015 – Charlie Hebdo shooting - Two masked gunmen armed with Kalashnikov rifles and shotguns stormed the headquarters of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris. They shot and killed 12 people, and wounded 11 others.
26 June 2015 – Three separate attacks in a single day by ISIS terrorists, during the month of Ramadan,[284] were carried out: in a US-owned gas factory outside Lyon, France, a man driving a delivery van gained entry and caused a massive explosion, leaving the head of his decapitated boss impaled on the factory's fence;[285] in the Tunisian resort of Sousse, an ISIS gunman opened fire on tourists, targeting British holiday makers in particular, killing 38 people;[286] and in Kuwait City, a suicide bomber detonated himself in a mosque packed with around 2,000 people, killing at least 25 people.[287]

So while not all brown speckled snakes are copperheads, and I am not fearful of all snakes, I don't find it unwise to be wary of brown speckled snakes in the woods until I find out if it is a copperhead or not.
10 October 2015 - Two explosions rocked a peace rally in the capital of Turkey killing 95 people.
The killing by Muslims continues...[/quote][/quote]

Islam is hundreds of years younger than Christianity. Christianity didn't have the Reformation and the Enlightenment until about 500 years ago. One can only hope that Islam's modernization comes sooner rather than later.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

freeski wrote:[quote="Mister Moose] 18 April 1983 – 1983 United States embassy bombing 63 killed, 120 wounded.

So while not all brown speckled snakes are copperheads, and I am not fearful of all snakes, I don't find it unwise to be wary of brown speckled snakes in the woods until I find out if it is a copperhead or not.
The killing by Muslims continues...[/quote][/quote][/quote]
and another 42 Killed...
23 October 2015 - Two bombs kill 42 in Nigeria
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/10 ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

That all happens and it's awful

This happens more...........

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

A muslim extremist wants to cut your head off.
A moderate muslim wants a muslim extremist to cut your head off.

Welcome to Crusade 2015.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

freeski wrote:A muslim extremist wants to cut your head off.

Welcome to Crusade 2015.
Yup, you're right. Dr OZ and Mohammed Ali completely want an extremist to come cut your head off.

Just like Catholics think those who commit adultery should be put to death. Leviticus 20:10
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

deadheadskier wrote:
freeski wrote:A muslim extremist wants to cut your head off.

Welcome to Crusade 2015.
Yup, you're right. Dr OZ and Mohammed Ali completely want an extremist to come cut your head off.

Just like Catholics think those who commit adultery should be put to death. Leviticus 20:10
Wrong religion and wrong book. Leviticus is in the old testament while Catholics are the New Testament or Gospel.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I stand corrected. Only reason I brought up Catholics is because for some reason he thinks I hate them because I call him out for his bigoted islamophobic ignorance that leads to ridiculously stupid statements like the one of his I quoted.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote:I stand corrected. Only reason I brought up Catholics is because for some reason he thinks I hate them because I call him out for his bigoted islamophobic ignorance that leads to ridiculously stupid statements like the one of his I quoted.
I do get perturbed when it seems that many (NOT ALL!!) in the Mid-East seem to side with the extremists. I just wonder sometimes. I do think that the religion of Islam could stand to undergo some reformation. I really do think the world would be a better place for it.