This Election is getting good!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: This Election is getting good!

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
LOL, Clinton confirmed deaths 2 minutes before Romney's statement.

You think Romney knew or was he making a statement about the Cairo embassy press release?
Why not? You seem to think Obama knew about the Cairo Embassy statement before the Libya incident even occurred.
let's disect your "logic"

If obama knew about the embassy statement before the libya incident occurred then Romney should have known about Clinton's statement? because Clinton is always in direct contact with Romney and obviously notified him within 2 minutes of her statement during which time Romney quickly released his own statement?

OR are none of them ever in contact with each other and therefore no one had any idea what any of the others was doing or saying? OR do we have a situation where in one case an international incident involving an attack on US sovereign soil occurred in which case one would expect the president to be immediately notified, and another situation where-in the secretary of state issues a statement with absolutely no requirement that she notify the nominee of the opposing political party of her intentions?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

i think Mitt just wnted to get ahead of the news cycle...
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
LOL, Clinton confirmed deaths 2 minutes before Romney's statement.

You think Romney knew or was he making a statement about the Cairo embassy press release?
Why not? You seem to think Obama knew about the Cairo Embassy statement before the Libya incident even occurred.
Obama was asleep with a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on his door while this was all unfolding. How could he possibly know?

Funny how Obama blasted Romney's statement before releasing his statement about the embassy attacks. Guess he has his priority's straight.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

As Hillary said in her political commercial in 2008 (paraphrasing here), "When the phone rings at 3AM, Who do YOU want answering it?"
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Romney tried to use a tragedy to his political advantage. It was wrong and anyone with half a brain knows it. To argue otherwise just makes that person look ignorant.

You can hate obama and love romney all you want but this one was a mistake by the romney campaign no matter what your political preferences are.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

2knees wrote:Romney tried to use a tragedy to his political advantage. It was wrong and anyone with half a brain knows it. To argue otherwise just makes that person look ignorant.

You can hate obama and love romney all you want but this one was a mistake by the romney campaign no matter what your political preferences are.
It may have been but, since the country is so evenly divided, the so-called mistake will be noted by partisans on one side and, to partisans on the other it won't be a mistake. For those in the middle, I'm not sure anyone is paying that much attention yet.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

2knees wrote:Romney tried to use a tragedy to his political advantage. It was wrong and anyone with half a brain knows it. To argue otherwise just makes that person look ignorant.

Sorry 2knees, in spite of his birth certificate stating he is an American, this man was raised outside the American mainstream and does not understand the mind set of the average American. He should be much more outraged at what these people are doing to our ambassador and our sovereign American soil. Romney tried to make that point, but alas his lack of communication skills reared its ugly head AGAIN. At least Romney does understand the American way.

I do not agree with Short Skis call for a nuke, but some one must make these uneducated third world religious thugs understand that other religions are not going away, and the ridicule and parody is NORMAL. I am open to suggestions, but appeasement has and will never work.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... enemy.html

"I don't think we would consider them an ally. But we don't consider them an enemy," President Obama told Telemundo's José Díaz-Balart.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... _ally.html

September 13, 2012. During the State Department Press Briefing, the State Department reaffirms Egypt as an ally even though President Obama said that was not the case.

REPORTER: Egypt is an ally. It is a major non-NATO ally…

STATE DEPT. OFFICIAL: Correct.

REPORTER: …and you neglected to mention that. And that major non-NATO ally status is something that you guys have celebrated ever since the 1970s, when they were among the first batch of countries, along with Israel, to get that distinction. So, is Egypt an ally or is it not an ally? And if it is not an ally, in the sense of it being a major non-NATO ally, is Israel not an ally either? Is Japan not an ally?

STATE DEPT. OFFICIAL: Well Japan has a treaty alliance with the United States…

REPORTER: OK, they have a treaty. So other countries; Pakistan and India that don’t have mutual defense treaties with the United States - they’re major non-NATO allies - but, you guys really don’t think they’re allies, is that the message you’re trying to send? Because that’s the message the President sent last night. Unless you’ve decided that Egypt no longer qualifies as a major non-NATO ally.

STATE DEPT. OFFICIAL: Well that was certainly, I don’t think, the intention. I’m going to refer you to the White House for further parsing on this.

REPORTER: So, forget about the President’s words. You’re saying that the Administration and the State Department still regard Egypt as a major non-NATO ally, and it is still a recipient of all the privileges that that entails?

STATE DEPT. OFFICIAL: Yes.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... olicy.html

BIDEN:"I'm supposedly an expert on foreign policy. Well, you know, an expert from where I come from is anyone from out of town with a briefcase. I do not have a briefcase."

And there we have a one day synopsis of the current administration's foreign policy. Carter is laughing, silently of course...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

What would you do without Real Clear Politics to tell you waht to think?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:What would you do without Real Clear Politics to tell you waht to think?
you do realize they don't actually speak for the people they quote nor do they write their material, right? Or were those videos and quoted "fake"? Was that not the real obama speaking? Was that not joe biden? was that not... hey lets face it you didn't look at or read any of it and immediately "dropped by for a quick blast" willfully ignorant troll.
mach es sehr schnell

2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Dickc wrote:

Sorry 2knees, in spite of his birth certificate stating he is an American, this man was raised outside the American mainstream and does not understand the mind set of the average American. He should be much more outraged at what these people are doing to our ambassador and our sovereign American soil. Romney tried to make that point, but alas his lack of communication skills reared its ugly head AGAIN. At least Romney does understand the American way.

I do not agree with Short Skis call for a nuke, but some one must make these uneducated third world religious thugs understand that other religions are not going away, and the ridicule and parody is NORMAL. I am open to suggestions, but appeasement has and will never work.

What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with right wing conspiracy theories and everything to do with romney's complete lack of foreign policy experience. Even those in his own party question his response and timing. Without running around quoting and linking a million different articles think about WHY he said what he said and WHY he said it when he said it. Think for yourself and the answer is painfully clear.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Sorry, i "feel" that I disagree, but I think political preferences are a mistake not only by the romney campaign but no matter what your political preferences are.

??
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

madhatter wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... enemy.html

"I don't think we would consider them an ally. But we don't consider them an enemy," President Obama told Telemundo's José Díaz-Balart.

September 13, 2012. During the State Department Press Briefing, the State Department reaffirms Egypt as an ally even though President Obama said that was not the case.

REPORTER: …and you neglected to mention that. And that major non-NATO ally status is something that you guys have celebrated ever since the 1970s, when they were among the first batch of countries, along with Israel, to get that distinction. So, is Egypt an ally or is it not an ally? And if it is not an ally, in the sense of it being a major non-NATO ally, is Israel not an ally either? Is Japan not an ally?

REPORTER: OK, they have a treaty. So other countries; Pakistan and India that don’t have mutual defense treaties with the United States - they’re major non-NATO allies - but, you guys really don’t think they’re allies, is that the message you’re trying to send? Because that’s the message the President sent last night. Unless you’ve decided that Egypt no longer qualifies as a major non-NATO ally.

STATE DEPT. OFFICIAL: Well that was certainly, I don’t think, the intention. I’m going to refer you to the White House for further parsing on this.

REPORTER: So, forget about the President’s words. You’re saying that the Administration and the State Department still regard Egypt as a major non-NATO ally, and it is still a recipient of all the privileges that that entails?

BIDEN:"I'm supposedly an expert on foreign policy. Well, you know, an expert from where I come from is anyone from out of town with a briefcase. I do not have a briefcase."

And there we have a one day synopsis of the current administration's foreign policy. Carter is laughing, silently of course...
And Romney named Russia as our public enemy #1. I would be a tad more concerned about that but hey, that's just me.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

shortski wrote:

Sorry, i "feel" that I disagree, but I think political preferences are a mistake not only by the romney campaign but no matter what your political preferences are.

??

No idea what you are trying to say. Sorry
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

2knees wrote:
madhatter wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... enemy.html

And Romney named Russia as our public enemy #1. I would be a tad more concerned about that but hey, that's just me.
yeah the rioting, political fallout and deaths attributed to that statement are an epic tragedy for sure..

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la ... 0098.story

"Russia is a geopolitical adversary, meaning that almost everything we try to do globally they try and oppose,” Romney said. “So we try and put pressure on Iran, they fought against crippling sanctions. We tried to get tough language at the U.N. and action against the brutality of [President Bashar] Assad in Syria, they instead send attack helicopters to Syria. I mean, Russia has been opposing us in political circles for some time.

“And I was appalled that the president said to [Russia's then-President Dmitri] Medvedev, just wait till after the election when I have more flexibility. How is it that he has flexibility with Russia he won’t tell the American people about? My own view is that Russia has a very different agenda than ours and that we ought to recognize that, and that we should pursue our interests, but recognize Russia as having a different course.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 74924.html

Putin said in remarks carried by Russian news wires that Romney's statement has "strengthened Russia's positions in talks on this important and sensitive subject," but added that he would work with Romney if he's elected.

Doesn't seem like the adults in the room have a problem there.
mach es sehr schnell