Yanks officially eliminated ,Jeter might sit

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Re: Yanks officially eliminated ,Jeter might sit

Post by Skibumtress »

BoozeTan wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Forgot about Mo but, as a relief pitcher, he didn't play every day anyway. I understand Jeter only DHing but to not play at all would, at least in my opinion, be wrong.

and as he said last night, he will DH out of respect for the fans, the rivalry and the game itself...Jeter, class till the end
:like

Personally, I think Jeter always had every intention of playing this weekend. I’m probably wrong, but I think this started when some reporter (don’t remember who it was) came up to him after the big loss on Wednesday and asked him if he was playing at Fenway this weekend. Jeter’s response was something like, we just lost the game and the wild card, that’s on my mind right now, not this weekend. I think that started the frenzy of “Oh my God, Jeter’s not playing at Fenway this weekend!”
All night last night the announcers kept saying this is “his last game in pinstripes”.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Skibumtress wrote: All night last night the announcers kept saying this is “his last game in pinstripes”.
And it was. The pinstripes don't appear on road uniforms.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Skibumtress wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Forgot about Mo but, as a relief pitcher, he didn't play every day anyway. I understand Jeter only DHing but to not play at all would, at least in my opinion, be wrong.

and as he said last night, he will DH out of respect for the fans, the rivalry and the game itself...Jeter, class till the end

All night last night the announcers kept saying this is “his last game in pinstripes”.
Ummmm.........................................
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Bubba wrote:
Skibumtress wrote: All night last night the announcers kept saying this is “his last game in pinstripes”.
And it was. The pinstripes don't appear on road uniforms.
Exactly! They didn't say it was "his last game". They took care to say "... in pinstripes". Everytime.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Speaking of the Yanks had me thinking that the current SW airflow has arrived right on time for October baseball in da-Bronx ! Yup,, that SW jetstream and a steady 15-20 Southwest wind has arrived right on time for the playoff baseballl at Yankee stadium ! Only thing missing is the Yankees ! :shock:
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Atomic1 wrote:Speaking of the Yanks had me thinking that the current SW airflow has arrived right on time for October baseball in da-Bronx ! Yup,, that SW jetstream and a steady 15-20 Southwest wind has arrived right on time for the playoff baseballl at Yankee stadium ! Only thing missing is the Yankees ! :shock:
Really? at least they didnt give up half way thru the season. Even with all the injuries they managed to stay in it till the last week of the season. How did your quitters do?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

BoozeTan wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Speaking of the Yanks had me thinking that the current SW airflow has arrived right on time for October baseball in da-Bronx ! Yup,, that SW jetstream and a steady 15-20 Southwest wind has arrived right on time for the playoff baseballl at Yankee stadium ! Only thing missing is the Yankees ! :shock:
Really? at least they didnt give up half way thru the season. Even with all the injuries they managed to stay in it till the last week of the season. How did your quitters do?
:like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Sorry but you should be honored that I connected Octobers weather with Yankee Stadium ! Looks like 2 more days of this SW flow and then the wind shifts To WNW which ushers in the cooler weather that leads to snowmaking and the wind blowing in at Fenway ! Maybe the Bruins could enjoy the weather at Fenway !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:Sorry but you should be honored that I connected Octobers weather with Yankee Stadium ! Looks like 2 more days of this SW flow and then the wind shifts To WNW which ushers in the cooler weather that leads to snowmaking and the wind blowing in at Fenway ! Maybe the Bruins could enjoy the weather at Fenway !
How times have changed .

Used to be that the EE HAD to win the WS.

Then it became just making the playoffs.

Now it's down to trying real hard and selling anything Jeter to make a buck.

George must be rolling over.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:Sorry but you should be honored that I connected Octobers weather with Yankee Stadium ! Looks like 2 more days of this SW flow and then the wind shifts To WNW which ushers in the cooler weather that leads to snowmaking and the wind blowing in at Fenway ! Maybe the Bruins could enjoy the weather at Fenway !
Bruins looked ok last night. Def missed Boychick though. Nice late goal to win it. I was so happy watching NHL hockey last night. T said to me "Daddy, when you play into June, the off season seems so much shorter." Kid was dead on.

Blueshirts start tonight. St Louis in St Louis. Home opener at MSG Sunday night. Freakin Psyched.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

No idea what the troll said as I don't read his posts.

I'm sure it was one of his digs, if not Oh well.

But let's talk about EE players roids/HGH/illegal drugs useage.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:No idea what the troll said as I don't read his posts.
That's the 12th time you've referenced having me on ignore. Do you know what ignore means? You are doing the worst job of ignoring somebody in K Zone history.

Telling the person that you are ignoring that you are ignoring him is actually the exact opposite of actually ignoring him. Please do better moving forward.

Atomic, please quote this so your buddy SnoBrdr maybe learns what "ignore" actually means. Thanks.
Last edited by junior on Oct 9th, '14, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Oh please......
I also enjoyed the Bs last evening. They look smaller but faster . No more Thorton or Inigla or Boychuck as you said but they look faster on the Ice.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:Oh please......
I also enjoyed the Bs last evening. They look smaller but faster . No more Thorton or Inigla or Boychuck as you said but they look faster on the Ice.
Thorton? Inigla?

Really?