Travel restriction ethics & the (partial) ParkWhiz solution

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: Travel restriction ethics & the (partial) ParkWhiz solution

Post by BoozeTan »

I was able to book all my saturdays for the entire season. I used the park whiz app I was not able to book Nov 14th though. It was not coming up as available
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

All days (save the first week) are now available.

Parkocolypse averted!
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So I am assuming that the one parking pass is good at all of the open parking lots? I booked by clicking at the k1 lot, can I park at bear with the same booking?
spiderpig
Beginner On Rentals

Post by spiderpig »

daytripper wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 11:03 So I am assuming that the one parking pass is good at all of the open parking lots? I booked by clicking at the k1 lot, can I park at bear with the same booking?
yes, it says that
ski2die
Black Carver

Post by ski2die »

Geoff wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 08:02 ... I intend to do the quarantine and test thing and move up for the winter once it’s better than white ribbon of death. I kind of have to assume 3/4 of the people on the mountain at Killington will be totally ignoring the quarantine order. ...
You intend to quarantine. I'm starting my 14 day quarantine on Monday. A friend from Upstate NY is doing the same. Maybe compliance will be better than people think. See you on the 23rd for Flatlander Opening Day!
It's not ice if there ain't fish under it!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

K put something ot the other day re: initially [aka today] we would only be able to book parking from Nov 23'rd on [it being the first day they are allowing non pass holders to ski.

I had some issues reserving my 7 parking days this morning but got past it. Something was fubar with the system I think.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

Over three hours in and every day of the season is still available. How can that be? I thought we were going to have to implement illegal carpools and hop onto shuttle buses and bury our cars under snowbanks in the condo lots?
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

How do you spell C L U S T E R F # C K ?
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

I work for a public school system and I get tested every monday. The system is doing pooled results for negative, so you only hear back if you are in a positive group.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

BoozeTan wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 10:51 I was able to book all my saturdays for the entire season. I used the park whiz app I was not able to book Nov 14th though. It was not coming up as available
My friend. What about the 7 advance day limit? Or were u only stating that they were available to book?

Thx. CH
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

throbster wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 07:32 If you are worried about catching the China virus while skiing, then don't go f*** skiing!!!
This is the problem with not taking the time to understand the situational nuance. Viruses do not have national allegiances and it’s not just about catching Covid.

Blatantly violating the safety measures are more likely to lead to closing down a local store, school, lodge or resorts than becoming gravely ill on an individual basis.

While we all understand the pent-up energy that many experience with the new normal, that does not provide sound rationale to place the community that everyone espouses to value at risk.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 23:08
BoozeTan wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 10:51 I was able to book all my saturdays for the entire season. I used the park whiz app I was not able to book Nov 14th though. It was not coming up as available
My friend. What about the 7 advance day limit? Or were u only stating that they were available to book?

Thx. CH
After the 7 day picks, I clicked on not looking for an event and was able to continue booking days
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

iRock wrote: Nov 5th, '20, 13:22 Over three hours in and every day of the season is still available. How can that be? I thought we were going to have to implement illegal carpools and hop onto shuttle buses and bury our cars under snowbanks in the condo lots?
The problem was never going to be with advanced registrations. It's going to come when the season starts and the masses start booking within the 7 day rolling window.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 23:08

Thx. CH
I was able to book past the 7 days too but then was told that if you book past 7 days, they will take away all your reservations. Went back in and cancelled all the dates past the 7 days.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Nov 7th, '20, 19:56
I was able to book past the 7 days too but then was told that if you book past 7 days, they will take away all your reservations. Went back in and cancelled all the dates past the 7 days.
Who told you this? I should also clarify that I only booked every other Saturday, not every saturday and I did not book any sundays