Killington going cashless

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Killington going cashless

Post by MrsG »

I'm guessing servers will still appreciate cash tips!
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 08:49 I think I can link a credit card to my vail pass, but not sure. if you can't do that at Killington that silly.

As far as cashless, Its easier and if you can manage your finances well enough you can put everything on a rewards card and pay it off every month.

I do often feel bad about tips though, but at the same time its not like I'm the only person tipping electronically.
Cashless is not easier. Having to make an extra stop at a reverse ATM to give my kids a card adds time, not to mention likely loss of money when those cards don't have enough on them to purchase anything (I've always wondered how many gift cards with $0.54 and $1.14 etc etc left on them go unused... that must be a big profit center for the gift card companies - almost scam like in a way if you think about it). Is there going to be a service charge at these reverse ATM's?

I can' manage my finances fine - never carry a credit card balance but also don't like scanning through dozens and dozens of small charges on my credit card statement to make sure each transaction is legitimate.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Pretty much everwher will be cashless in 10 years, get used to it. I agree that K needs to let you link a card to your pass, it's ridiculous that they got rid of that and now that they have gone cashless it's more than ridiculous.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

What we did for the kids in our programs is offer a prepaid debited food card that their parents loaded money on. Even though we took cash all the families went with the card so the kids didn't need to bumble with cash. I think K offers gift cards / prepaid cards that should work the same?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 10:03 What we did for the kids in our programs is offer a prepaid debited food card that their parents loaded money on. Even though we took cash all the families went with the card so the kids didn't need to bumble with cash. I think K offers gift cards / prepaid cards that should work the same?
actually tried to use a K gift card to pay for food at the peak lodge last year and they couldn't do it. something K needs to get their act together on. though have never been comfortable linking a card to the pass.

but yeah cashless is coming. pay for most everything on the card excepting buying a beer at a bar, tipping and parking meters.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Yeah, that needs to be resolved if they are going cashless. I would never link my CC to pass either.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Imagine if they made a special debit card for kids.........

https://account.chase.com/banking/first ... lsrc=aw.ds
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

eventually the goal is to have no printed cash or coin. Once that happens the govt can track your spending and your income so they can tax you for every cent you make. Hard to do any side jobs or under the table work if there is no cash and everything is electronic. The New World Order is coming lol
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Let's use Bitcoin.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

BoozeTan wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 11:06 eventually the goal is to have no printed cash or coin. Once that happens the govt can track your spending and your income so they can tax you for every cent you make. Hard to do any side jobs or under the table work if there is no cash and everything is electronic. The New World Order is coming lol
Well apart from the inconvenience, there is the legitimate “big brother is watching” part that I don’t like as well.
simpletwist
Blue Chatterbox

Post by simpletwist »

I just don't buy anything when on the mountain. Problem solved!
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 08:15 NOWHERE on K's website......is there any stated discussion on this.
I assume you don't get The Drift.

Of course, the new K-1 lodge is our biggest excitement, but another change you’ll notice this season, Killington is going cashless! We’ve upgraded our systems resort wide to be able to accept Samsung, Apple and Google pay, as well as continuing to accept all major credit cards, but as of opening day, will no longer deal in cash. Reverse ATMs will be available in the near future for guests who need to convert their currency into a nationally accepted card format.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Agree it is lame and a hassle. Cash is to purchase things. What a pain. Sent off a note of complaint to the instagram messenger . No idea if anyone receives those messages. Will see if I get a response.
Don't Killington Pico
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Pedro wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 10:55 Imagine if they made a special debit card for kids.........

https://account.chase.com/banking/first ... lsrc=aw.ds
Imagine if you read the fine print... :roll:
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Paying cashless a pain? Come on some of you people will literally complain about anything.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs