Diesel Compressors

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Diesel Compressors

Post by Mister Moose »

rogman wrote: Jan 7th, '23, 06:27
Mister Moose wrote: Jan 6th, '23, 23:37 They run the rental diesel compressors from mid October to December, with some hanging around through January. Call it an average of 75 days. How are you possibly going to make a case for buying something you use 20% of the year?
They’re running now. Climate change means they can expect to be air limited far more often than in the past.
Yeah I know there's some still here. If you take the average though, as they slowly disappear over time, I estimated the average to be mid October through December for the average lease time per unit. Some are shorter, some longer.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

They're using rentals all winter long. It has to be an expensive way to make air. Base Camp at Bear Act 250 permitting was after the new lines were installed. They are only required to pay to put in bigger circuit breakers.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Not all winter, they have and will depart in groups as snowmaking winds down. That's obviously not going to happen anytime soon this winter. But by the time of the Superstar push they'll be entirely on electric.

The ACT 250 permitting may not have been completed yet at the time of the transmission upgrade but there is not really a doubt about approval.

As we've seen they are trying out additional Low-E gear, so it may not make sense to go all in on 100% electrificiation if their compressed air footprint in the near future may be changing. I'm sure as electrical capacity becomes available they will do so when it makes sense operationally and financially for them.