WTF is going on in town?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: WTF is going on in town?

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 17:57 hopefully they can promote someone from within - i remember reading a longtime firefighter was interested in the chief position and they picked this asshole instead. although maybe that person would no longer want it or perhaps it would be too much drama with all the history behind it now.

i wasnt surprised that there was turnover with new processes and people not liking them, but to lose 25 people? definitely a management issue and not just transition pains. glad hes gone.
Want to promote this guy?
354043798_10231942279966322_2203772108887456567_n.jpg
354043798_10231942279966322_2203772108887456567_n.jpg (8.26 KiB) Viewed 2036 times
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Ouch. Social media surely has hindered more than helped for quite a few. That and an open mouth….
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

Like most culture warriors he is ignorant to the fact that May is the federally recognized National Military Appreciation Month...
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Bubba wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 19:52
asher2789 wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 17:57 hopefully they can promote someone from within - i remember reading a longtime firefighter was interested in the chief position and they picked this asshole instead. although maybe that person would no longer want it or perhaps it would be too much drama with all the history behind it now.

i wasnt surprised that there was turnover with new processes and people not liking them, but to lose 25 people? definitely a management issue and not just transition pains. glad hes gone.

Wow ! Long time Killington employee as well . . . . Hello, Human resources?
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

wtf021 wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 15:55 KSAR get disbanded, softball gets cancelled, 25 firefighters quit or get fired and we are getting a new town manager.

https://mountaintimes.info/25-depart-ki ... xp08t0KRro
Amazing how much this mirrors our national politics . . . As the turd is swirling down the bowl, Chris Karr and other Killington officials sound like Kevin McCarthy trying justify Trumps actions . . I wonder where Mike S and the Resort (besides the fact that their employee is making homophobic comments on social media)stand on this . . . ?

and this still doesn't fix the softball situation . .
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

eagle628 wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 21:22 Like most culture warriors he is ignorant to the fact that May is the federally recognized National Military Appreciation Month...
When is there going to be an entire month dedicated to old white guys like me, and a lot of us here on Kzone?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Jun 16th, '23, 07:58
eagle628 wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 21:22 Like most culture warriors he is ignorant to the fact that May is the federally recognized National Military Appreciation Month...
When is there going to be an entire month dedicated to old white guys like me, and a lot of us here on Kzone?
Old White Guy Lives Matter!
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Bubba wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 19:52

i dont think thats the guy - it was somebody who had multiple family members in as well, and all ended up leaving for different reasons. that guy needs to go as well. public employees are held to a higher standard - i have no confidence that someone who makes comments like that would give me the same professional treatment as someone who isnt queer.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

What a sad story. I started in the fire service before I was 18 in a junior program. Small town in NH. Officially signed on the night of my 18th birthday. Did a 10 year tour. Took time off to focus on my company and raise a family. I went back last year. We are lucky. Paid/call. A full time chief. A full time day captain. All the per diem day shifts you want. We operate as a family. It changed for the better since I left. Now we have assigned duty shifts. Flexible. We did have a chief from out of town for a bit. He didn't last. We run over a 1000 calls per year. We get along with our PD and surrounding mutual aid departments. Day time is hard. I'm fortunate enough to be able to go. Its a sacrifice and a lifestyle. I know Ron. Solid guy. Sorry to see him retire. I've been wanting to see the new Killington facility. Every time I stop. No one is around. So I have no idea how the new full time chief was. Sounds like a tool. As for his wife. That's a complete conflict of interest. With any luck? Maybe some members will come back. Prayers to the Killington
Fire/ EMS and SAR. God speed.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Hopefully this was a wakeup call for the selectboard members. Replacing these people is not something that is easy to do. Hopefully they pick a chief from some of the recent or current members and that person makes some phone calls and gets the majority of these people to return. The town without this vital service will suffer.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

LeHart resignation accepted, Burres fired from Fire Department.

https://mountaintimes.info/paul-ginther ... eave-dept/

A thought for recent events
A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops. —John J Pershing

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

https://mountaintimes.info/paul-ginther ... eave-dept/
Town Manager Chet Hagenbarth announced June 20 that he accepted Fire Chief Chris LaHart’s verbal resignation on June 14 effective immediately, while Assistant Chief Glenn Burres was fired on June 19.

Paul Ginther will step up as the new fire chief and receive an annual $82,000 salary.

Ginther, who lives in Middlesex, will take over July 10. He originally applied for the fire chief position but was turned down over LaHart. He is currently the director of the Barre Town EMS Department. Ginther did not immediately return a phone call on Tuesday afternoon. He said in an email Tuesday night that he was not yet ready to speak about his new role.
i just wanna clarify i dont know any of these people, but im glad they went with the guy they initially looked over that i mentioned in a previous post. hopefully it goes well, for everyones sake.

wonder if the asst chief got fired for the homophobic facebook comments.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 17:36 https://mountaintimes.info/paul-ginther ... eave-dept/
Town Manager Chet Hagenbarth announced June 20 that he accepted Fire Chief Chris LaHart’s verbal resignation on June 14 effective immediately, while Assistant Chief Glenn Burres was fired on June 19.

Paul Ginther will step up as the new fire chief and receive an annual $82,000 salary.

Ginther, who lives in Middlesex, will take over July 10. He originally applied for the fire chief position but was turned down over LaHart. He is currently the director of the Barre Town EMS Department. Ginther did not immediately return a phone call on Tuesday afternoon. He said in an email Tuesday night that he was not yet ready to speak about his new role.
i just wanna clarify i dont know any of these people, but im glad they went with the guy they initially looked over that i mentioned in a previous post. hopefully it goes well, for everyones sake.

Yes, that was the cause of his firing. It’s in the article.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 17:36 https://mountaintimes.info/paul-ginther ... eave-dept/

Wonder if the Resort will terminate his ass too ? ?
Keithus
Slalom Racer

Post by Keithus »

Bubba wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 16:37 A thought for recent events
A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops. —John J Pershing
Well said (or quoted)