Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: Vermont: MANDATORY Quarantine Policy

Post by Stormchaser »

Looks like ski houses are on the no no list...

From the Cross Travel page on Vermont.gov

https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/resta ... ate-travel
While in Vermont, you may not participate in social gatherings, this includes sharing an accommodation with another household outside of your own. Travelers may not stay with a Vermont host or stay in a Vermont lodging establishment or short-term rental with another household. Even if you have completed a quarantine, or intend to quarantine with another household, you may not gather with another household in Vermont. (Individuals who live alone may gather with members of their immediate family residing in a different household).
ImageImageImageImage
K42
Green Skidder

Post by K42 »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 2nd, '20, 16:06 It's so frustrating that some are so pig-headed about masks. They are the ones who will ruin it for the rest of us, not the people violating "quarantine" who are otherwise engaging in appropriate social distancing practices.
Amen brother, quarantines are important but mean nothing without proper mask wearing.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

K42 wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 12:05
easyrider16 wrote: Dec 2nd, '20, 16:06 It's so frustrating that some are so pig-headed about masks. They are the ones who will ruin it for the rest of us, not the people violating "quarantine" who are otherwise engaging in appropriate social distancing practices.
Amen brother, quarantines are important but mean nothing without proper mask wearing.
Unless you are wearing a N95 mask and wearing it properly, mask don't do diddly squat. Quit kidding yourself.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 12:08Unless you are wearing a N95 mask and wearing it properly, mask don't do diddly squat. Quit kidding yourself.
That is 100% at odds with the science backed by numerous studies. A person wearing even a simple cloth mask will reduce their potential to spread Covid by a lot. Wearing a mask is the single most important thing anyone can do to slow the spread.

I agree with you if you meant the mask won't protect the wearer much. That is true, and has been said since day 1. You wear a mask to prevent YOU from spreading disease to OTHERS. In that respect, simple cloth masks are extremely effective but only if everyone wears them. If you have bozos who refuse to believe the science and don't wear masks, it ruins it for everyone. Don't be a bozo.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

throbster wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 12:08

Unless you are wearing a N95 mask and wearing it properly, mask don't do diddly squat. Quit kidding yourself.
take off the MAGA hat . . . The election is over . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

:bull
ski wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 12:54

DuckDuckGo it. There are studies that support my claim.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 15:12 :bull

And there are also studies that say the earth is flat. Doesn't make it true.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Stormchaser wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 11:51 Looks like ski houses are on the no no list...

From the Cross Travel page on Vermont.gov

https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/resta ... ate-travel
While in Vermont, you may not participate in social gatherings, this includes sharing an accommodation with another household outside of your own. Travelers may not stay with a Vermont host or stay in a Vermont lodging establishment or short-term rental with another household. Even if you have completed a quarantine, or intend to quarantine with another household, you may not gather with another household in Vermont. (Individuals who live alone may gather with members of their immediate family residing in a different household).
Share houses are long term rentals, not lodging establishments, and don't have a VT resident as a host.. Are the state police knocking on the share houses doors and evicting people?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

N95 masks are not available for the general public. I usually double up on my masks when I cannot wear my KN95 mask. Masks do work as long as you also keep social distance. It's people like you who if they don't wear masks and maintain distance, will spread the virus.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Gotta love the Internet. No matter what your interest, you can find it there. Like furries? What is even up with that? So it is with masks. "I hate masks! I can't ski hard in them!" (Well then, maybe you're just one out of shape mofo). "Studies prove they're useless!" (Oh, please, you obviously slept through science class and we gotta listen to this?).

Truth is, it is actually hard to get good direct science on masks. Bunch of reasons: this sort of testing on people is "frowned upon" by medical ethics boards. You can't just say, "Okay, you 20000 over there, wear masks", while "You other 20000, no masks, ever!". "We're gonna see who gets sicker over the next two months!" Nope, not happening. But even if they did allow it, still no good: Properly done, tests should be a blind tests, because knowing whether you're wearing a mask or not affects your behavior, and thus the results. "I'm not wearing a mask, I'm holing up like a hibernating bear!" or "Got my mask, gonna hit the pub". Who's more likely to get sick? Obviously, the mask wearer. Then there's the whole compliance thing: "Yeah, I'm in the mask group, but it tickles my nose and makes my glasses fog, so I'm only wearing it over my mouth, not my nose, which is what I actually breath through. And then there was that time I went out with 17 of my closest friends and forgot my mask. Oops!"

So tests are done indirectly, for example "mechanically" by seeing how well they stop droplets of different size, etc. When done competently, they're pretty conclusive. They aren't a panacea or cure all (A vaccine won't be, either, btw), but they sure improve your odds. At their worst, masks slow down the biggest, longest lasting droplets, and that's good for something.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Dec 5th, '20, 12:03
N95 masks are not available for the general public. I usually double up on my masks when I cannot wear my KN95 mask. Masks do work as long as you also keep social distance. It's people like you who if they don't wear masks and maintain distance, will spread the virus.
I picked up a few boxes of 3M N-95 masks over the summer from e bay. Some with valves, some without. That is all I wear into stores or when at the dump. When working outside Idon't bother, just stay 6' away.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Dec 5th, '20, 12:03 N95 masks are not available for the general public.
What planet are you on? It took me all of 15-20 seconds to find some on Amazon... :roll:
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ME2VTSkier wrote: Dec 5th, '20, 18:14
tyrolean_skier wrote: Dec 5th, '20, 12:03 N95 masks are not available for the general public.
What planet are you on? It took me all of 15-20 seconds to find some on Amazon... :roll:
KN95 masks are all over amazon. N95 is on it but won't sell to general public. Only n95 that anyone can buy is an obvious fake if you read the reviews.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

daytripper wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 19:34
throbster wrote: Dec 4th, '20, 15:12 :bull

And there are also studies that say the earth is flat. Doesn't make it true.

And there are folks who say Biden won. 😆
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

AMERICA won the election and YOU - Fat John are the biggest loser. I know who you are and if you don't stop your trolling I will out you.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/