Dr. JerseyGuy Prognosis Incorrect - Zimmerman Nose Broken

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Dr. JerseyGuy Prognosis Incorrect - Zimmerman Nose Broken

Post by freeski »

Treyvon Martin's parents have already settled with the home owners association where their son died. The settlement was for over a million dollars. How was this the associations fault? It will be interesting to see if the parents want to put this behind them or if they pursue Zimmerman in civil court.

I've watched some of the coverage today and am amazed how many people are misstating the facts of the case to enrage others. For example, a Baptist Minister claimed Treyvon was killed because he went to the store to buy Skittles. No, he was killed because he attacked someone and they were in fear for their life.

Then Obama weighs in. One of his points: we can reflect on this moment and find ways to reduce gun violence. If someone uses a gun to protect themselves from bodily harm isn't this a legal and proper use of a gun?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

GSKI wrote:
You mistake my points as an argument for conviction. They were meant, rather, as the approach I would have used had I been the prosecution. I would have never tried to call this case murder. I would have gone for manslaughter and lesser charges.
First of all this had NOTHING to do with the "stand you ground law" the defense clearly argued it was a case of self defense from the beginning. I know the national media fed you lots of stories about the Florida "stand you ground" law but that was not because it applied to this case but rather because the national media are progressive Democrats and they wanted to turn the Zimmerman story into a gun control argument to support Democrat politicians calls for more gun control laws at the time (the media "narrative"). Also, your arguments would have worked and lead to a conviction if the jury completely disregarded the law. Zimmerman did nothing wrong by getting out of his truck and you simply cannot attack somebody for following you and it is clearly likely Zimmerman was attacked. If following somebody was reason to attack them and considered a valid legal defense there would be societal chaos. You clearly did not follow the actual testimony in the case closely or failed to comprehend it if you did. The law says he can only be convicted if you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. What you try to use to argue for a conviction is the reverse standard. The case was a tragedy but forensics experts on the stand clearly confirmed that Martin was leaning over Zimmerman when the fatal shot was fired based on the bullet hole in his sweat shirt. I do not know what additional evidence there could possibly be to support Zimmerman's claim of self defense other than a video recording. If I was charged with a crime I would hate to have you on a jury because you would be looking for any shred of evidence no matter how unlikely to hang your hat on to convict.
Lots of questions, no real answers, and plenty of reasonable doubt. Still, a teenager is dead for no reason other than a guy thought he looked suspicious but who was doing nothing wrong other than carrying Skittles in a gated community wearing black skin and a hoodie.
Bubba

You are pathetic. I shudder to think that there are many out there who are willing to absorb a racist narrative so easily. The reasonable doubt gets you off it does not convict you. This higher standard is critical to criminal law for a reason. Martin is dead because he punched and attacked a guy who feared for his life and defended himself from a level of injury he could not have known in the moment. You do not have to wait until you are almost beaten to death to defend yourself. In a neighborhood that has had several robberies somebody walking in and around houses at night in the r*in is suspicious regardless of skin color. Oh and by the way the "gated community" is middle class (not rich white-Hispanic racist folks) with condos costing about $120,000 with a mixed race ownership and the skittles and Arizona watermelon ice tea Trayvon bought was probably to make some "purple drank" (or "lean") which Trayvon tweeted about in the past. "Purple drank" is huge in the hip hop community (albums and songs are named for it) and it is a mix of Watermelon ice tea with Robitussin cough medicine (Trayvon probably found some in his dads lady friends house where he was staying) with the skittles (or jolly ranchers) thrown in for decoration. I always thought cough medicine put you to sleep but apparently if you up the dosage it results in a PCP like high.
You obviously have a problem with nuance. What I would have done as a prosecutor vs. how I would decide as a juror. What part of "Lots of questions, no real answers, and plenty of reasonable doubt" leads you to conclude anything other than I would have to vote not guilty?

Not guilty, by the way, means not guilty by reasonable doubt. It does not necessarily mean innocent.

Where in the testimony did the mixed cocktail come into play? Aren't you doing what you are accusing others of by reading between the lines and adding in assumptions not in the record?

By the way, have you ever sat on a criminal jury? I have - a five week federal case (11 counts) in NYC. We found the defendant not guilty of all charges and I was one of the initial votes for not guilty on a jury that initially divided 4 not guilty, 4 guilty, and 4 undecided. Still want to keep me off your jury? :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Treyvon Martin's parents have already settled with the home owners association where their son died. The settlement was for over a million dollars. How was this the associations fault? It will be interesting to see if the parents want to put this behind them or if they pursue Zimmerman in civil court.
The homeowners INSURANCE COMPANY (the Travelers) settled last year with the Martin family based on the ginned up false narrative. The regular people in the Sanford Florida community will be paying the price for decades. This is a political prosecution and we should all be worried about how it was pursued. All the real law enforcement investigators and prosecutorial personnel involved in this case were fired for not bringing these BS charges in the first place. Liberals and progressives like Obama feel the solution to the young black crime wave is to disarm those they attack rather than deal with the uncomfortable reality of kids raised by a gang banger culture gone awry. It is a myopic solution and that is being charitable because they know what the problem really is but choose to use the situation to gin up a firestorm to help bolster their power. Sickening.

As for you Bubba you remain part of the problem not part of the solution. It makes me sad to know morons like you can be so easily whipped up into a misguided "righteous" fury through manipulation you could have easily seen through if you could only think for yourself. You disgust me with your pathetic opinions. 700 black people have been murdered in Chicago by other black people since this case began and it was not considered newsworthy by the national media. Sadly you cannot be declared innocent in legal proceedings only "not guilty". You should wake up to the problem and the statistics make it clear what that problem is despite the rationalizing cognitive dissonance that prevails in the name of "political correctness".

Watch this Bubba. This is commentary from a hard core liberal Alan Dershowitz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIYV5MuoVCQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by GSKI on Jul 15th, '13, 08:02, edited 5 times in total.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

GSKI wrote:
The homeowners INSURANCE COMPANY (the Travelers) settled last year with the Martin family based on the ginned up false narrative. The regular people in the Sanford Florida community will be paying the price for decades. This is a political prosecution and we should all be worried about how it was pursued. All the real law enforcement investigators and prosecutorial personnel involved in this case were fired for not bringing these BS charges in the first place. Liberals and progressives like Obama feel the solution to the young black crime wave is to disarm those they attack rather than deal with the uncomfortable reality of kids raised by a gang banger culture gone awry. It is a myopic solution and that is being charitable because they know what the problem really is but choose to use the situation to gin up a firestorm to help bolster their power. Sickening.
Yes, I knew it was an insurance agency that actually paid. You make a good point about the good people who lost their jobs when they didn't bow to political pressure to bring charges. I would hope they file wrongful termination suits. Additionally, I hope Zimmerman wins his suit against NBC for altering the 911 call to make him appear racist. It was this kind of yellow journalism that started the feeding frenzy.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

We all know that the Feds will be bringing civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

They try and pound you into the ground.

No matter what they will claim, this is all politically motivated.

The State took their shot and lost.

Let it go.

Final thought, the national media or most of it at least, are beating their drums trying to get riots going across the US. Appears they won't be satisfied until things go up and flames and they can report on it.

Of course they will accept no blame for any of this.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote: Final thought, the national media or most of it at least, are beating their drums trying to get riots going across the US. Appears they won't be satisfied until things go up and flames and they can report on it.

Evidence please.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote: Final thought, the national media or most of it at least, are beating their drums trying to get riots going across the US. Appears they won't be satisfied until things go up and flames and they can report on it.

Evidence please.
open your eyes it's everywhere.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/07/13 ... m-lynched/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.caintv.com/calm-reigns-black-americans-do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/2514307/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... al-verdict" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/studentne ... cial-media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/7/14 ... rman-Trial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what I wrote last week on the legacy of the George Zimmerman case. It's as true today as it has been for the past 16 months.

The legacy of this case will be that the media never gets it right, and worse, that a group of lawyers, with the aid of a public relations team, who had a financial stake in the outcome of pending and anticipated civil litigation, were allowed to commandeer control of Florida's criminal justice system, in pursuit of a divisive, personal agenda.

Their transformation of a tragic but spontaneous shooting into the crime of the century, and their relentless demonization of the person they deemed responsible, not for a tragic killing, but for "cold-blooded murder," has called into question the political motives and ethics of the officials serving in the Executive branch of Florida's government, ruined the career of other public officials, turned the lives of the Zimmerman family, who are as innocent as their grieving clients, into a nightmare, and along the way, set back any chance of a rational discussion of the very cause they were promoting, probably for years.

The problems of racial disparity and arbitrary enforcement of our criminal laws are real, systemic and need to be addressed. Criminal defense lawyers see it and fight to correct it every day. From charging decisions to plea offers to sentences, the system is not fair and everybody knows it.

But this case has never been representative of those problems. And perhaps most unfortunate of all, as a result of the false narrative created by the lawyers for grieving parents who tragically lost their son -- a narrative perpetuated by a complicit and ratings-hungry media -- any attempt at meaningful reform is likely to fall on deaf ears for years to come.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:

Evidence please.
even our racist agitator in chief is getting involved,

"the President wants us all to ignore the verdict and "honor" Zimmerman's attacker" ????

http://www.caintv.com/obama-wastes-no-time-exploitin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Racial identity politics are nothing new for President Obama. They were the core of his 2012 reelection, and they've been a hallmark of his administration every single time he needs to justify policy. In Obamacare, immigration, and gun control, he attempted to either create racial divides or exploit those that already exist.

It's what he does.

Obama's instincts regarding the Zimmerman acquittal are as predictable as the dangerous, irresponsible rhetoric of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. He's simply perpetuating a pattern - one that may be the only truly 'transparent' thing about his administration."

the law is irrelevant or wrong, in the eyes of the left whenever it doesn't suit their needs... And of course the useful idiots will be all too willing to ignorantly serve their masters...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

This is some good analysis on the national medias malpractice on the Zimmerman trial:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... reigns.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In Zimmerman Post Mortems, Confusion Reigns

News coverage of the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman has been awful from the beginning. In fact, if it hadn’t been for false and misleading news stories, there likely never would have been a prosecution in the first place. The quality of commentary in the conventional press hasn’t improved much since the verdict exonerating Zimmerman came in last night.

For one thing, lots of commentators, especially on the left, are still talking about “stand your ground” laws. Ben Jealous, President of the NAACP, has vowed to campaign for repeal of such laws. But, as has been explained here and many other places, Florida’s stand your ground law played no part in the Zimmerman prosecution. Under traditional principles of self-defense, if you are threatened or assaulted somewhere other than in your home, you have to flee, if you can, rather than using deadly force in self-defense. That is the principle that is amended by stand your ground laws. Under such statutes, if you are attacked in a public place and you reasonably fear that you may be killed or incur great bodily injury, you don’t have to run away. You can stand your ground and fight back, including the use of deadly force.

This principle, obviously, comes into play only if you can run away. If you can’t retreat–if, like George Zimmerman, you are lying on your back with an adversary sitting on top of you and beating on you–you have always been entitled to use deadly force in self-defense, if you reasonably fear death or great bodily injury. Zimmerman’s lawyers did not invoke Florida’s stand your ground law. They did not rely on it; they did not argue it to the jury; they did not ask for a “stand your ground” pretrial hearing, which, in cases where the statute applies, can lead to dismissal of the charges against the defendant. There is no reason why anyone should ever mention Florida’s stand your ground law in connection with the Zimmerman case.

More generally, most post-trial commentary appears to be written by reporters who did not observe the trial and have made no effort to acquaint themselves with the evidence that was presented to the jury. The news stories that reach by far the largest number of readers are those authored by the Associated Press, so let’s consider this post mortem by AP reporter Mike Schneider. Schneider tries to explain the jury’s verdict, starting from the premise that it seems puzzling on its face:

Jurors who acquitted George Zimmerman of all charges were guided in their deliberations by 27 pages of jury instructions that included two sections giving them an option to find him not guilty: justifiable use of deadly force and reasonable doubt.

Actually, these are not alternative grounds for acquittal; reasonable doubt is merely the standard by which the government was required to prove its case.

The acquittal of the former neighborhood watch leader left many Americans wondering Sunday how the justice system could allow him to walk away from the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black teenager whose death provoked a long national debate over racial profiling and self-defense.

Americans kept wondering this because the press abdicated its responsibility to explain, accurately and coherently, what was going on. Note that from the earliest accounts, Martin has consistently been described as “unarmed,” as though that somehow negated any need for self-defense. But of course it didn’t. A weapon is the means by which a smaller, weaker person who is less skilled in fighting can defend himself. Women are generally in this position, but men often need a weapon to defend themselves against an “unarmed” opponent, too. Trayvon Martin was four inches taller than Zimmerman, and considered himself an expert fighter. As far as the record shows, he was right.

But the essential criteria for deciding the case came from the court itself, which told jurors that Zimmerman was allowed to use deadly force when he shot the teen not only if he actually faced death or bodily harm, but also if he merely thought he did.

No. As the article correctly notes later on, Zimmerman had to reasonably believe that he was in danger of death or great bodily harm.

Some Martin family supporters may never understand the gap between the legal basis for the acquittal and what they perceived as the proper outcome: Zimmerman’s conviction for either second-degree murder or manslaughter.

“There is a difference between the law and what people think is fundamentally justice,” said Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a Washington-based civil rights group.

I doubt that. Everyone I know understands and approves of the concept of self-defense. The real “gap” is between the facts that came out in the courtroom, and the false impressions that most people had because of agenda-driven reporting. I am pretty sure that the vast majority of people who were surprised by the verdict had no idea that Martin was sitting on top of Zimmerman, punching him in the face and banging his head into the pavement, moments before, in desperation, Zimmerman shot him.

“Beyond a reasonable doubt” is the highest standard of proof prosecutors face in American criminal courts.

No: “Beyond a reasonable doubt” is the standard prosecutors always face in American criminal courts. And yet well over 90% of criminal trials end in convictions. The Zimmerman case was exceptional not because the burden of proof was high, but because the case was extraordinarily weak.

Jurors were also told that reasonable doubt about Zimmerman’s guilt could come from conflicting evidence or the lack of evidence. …
After calling police dispatchers, Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and followed Martin. He says Martin attacked him. Prosecutors disputed that. The evidence was unclear.

Actually, there was no evidence that Zimmerman started the fight. This was the gaping hole in the prosecution’s case. Zimmerman said that Martin laid in wait and jumped him. No witness claimed to have seen how the fight started, and no physical evidence was inconsistent with Zimmerman’s account. The evidence here wasn’t conflicting, it was 100% in Zimmerman’s favor.

None of Zimmerman’s neighbors saw or heard the entire fight, and eyewitnesses gave differing accounts of whether Zimmerman or Martin was on top.

This is deeply misleading. Only one witness, John Good, saw any part of the fight before the single shot was fired. He gave a statement immediately after the incident in which he described Trayvon Martin sitting on top of Zimmerman and beating his face. At trial, he used a mixed martial arts term–”ground and pound”–to describe what Martin was doing to Zimmerman. One witness, Selma Mora, testified that after she heard the shot fired, she looked out and saw Zimmerman “on top.” But that testimony was entirely consistent with Zimmerman’s account; he said that after he shot Martin, “I slid out from underneath him and got on top of the suspect holding his hands away from his body.”

Further, the Associated Press never mentions the physical evidence that makes it blindingly obvious that Zimmerman’s story, that he was on the bottom and was taking a severe beating, was true. Zimmerman’s nose was bloody and likely broken, and there were a half dozen straight-line wounds to the back of his head that were consistent with having his head pounded repeatedly into the pavement. How do those who profess to be shocked by the verdict think Zimmerman sustained those injuries?

While it offers a distorted version of both the events of February 26, 2012 and of the applicable law, the AP does get one thing right: there is no basis for the federal government to try for a mulligan:

[F]ederal law probably doesn’t apply, said David Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor in Miami. Unlike the police officers in the King case, Zimmerman wasn’t acting “under color of law.”

There also is little basis to charge Zimmerman with a federal hate crime, Weinstein said, since prosecutors would have to show that he shot and killed Martin primarily because of the teen’s race. Nothing in the state trial suggested it was a racially motivated crime, he said.

“Under the law, there is no basis for them to file any charges,” Weinstein said about the Department of Justice.

I would add that the jury found that Zimmerman acted in lawful self-defense, which would equally be a defense to any federal charge that might be brought.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

another gem:

What George Zimmerman Can Do Now

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/T ... ly_Trayvon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some night very soon, if he so chooses, George Zimmerman can load his piece, tuck it into the back of his pants, climb into his SUV, and drive around Sanford, Florida looking for assholes and f*** punks who are walking through neighborhoods where he, George Zimmerman, defender of law and order, doesn't think they belong. He can drive around Sanford, Florida and check out anyone who is dressed in such a manner as might frighten the average citizen who has been fed a daily diet of "Scary Black Kids" by their local news and by their favorite radio personalities, and who is dressed in such a manner as might seem inappropriate to their surroundings as determined by George Zimmerman, crimebuster. He can drive around Sanford, Florida until he spots an asshole or a f*** punk and then he can get out of his SUV, his piece tucked into the back of his pants, and he can stalk the asshole or the f*** punk, the one who is in the wrong neighborhood, or who is dressed inappropriately, at least according to George Zimmerman, protector of peace. If the asshole, or the f*** punk, turns around and objects to being stalked -- or, worse, if the asshole, or the f*** punk, decides physically to confront the person stalking him -- then George Zimmerman can whip out the piece from the back of his pants and shoot the asshole, or the f*** punk, dead right there on the spot. This can happen tonight. That is now possible. Hunting licenses are now available and it's open season on assholes, f*** punks, and kids who wear hoodies at night in neighborhoods where they do not belong, at least according to George Zimmerman, defender of law and order, crimebuster, and protector of the peace, because that is what American society has told George Zimmerman, and all the rest of us, is the just outcome of what happened on one dark and rainy night in February of 2012."

Read more: George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin Verdict - What George Zimmerman Can Do Now - Esquire
Follow us: @Esquiremag on Twitter | Esquire on Facebook
Visit us at Esquire.com
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Evidence please.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/07/13 ... m-lynched/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.caintv.com/calm-reigns-black-americans-do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/2514307/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... al-verdict" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/studentne ... cial-media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's all you got from it being "everywhere"? USA Today, the Orlando Centinal and CNN all reporting on the verdict and providing comments made by others. Where is the evidence that the national media is "beating their drum trying to get riots going"?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Evidence please.

That's all you got from it being "everywhere"? USA Today, the Orlando Centinal and CNN all reporting on the verdict and providing comments made by others. Where is the evidence that the national media is "beating their drum trying to get riots going"?
ok then its an isolated incident involving few national publications. Ya see any of em saying JUSTICE PREVAILED? Ya see any of em saying the law was applied as it was intended to? Obama himself blabbing about gun violence and honoring trayvon? Self defense is a primary role of guns, one of their intended purposes, yet we need to honor z's attacker, and think about gun violence? Only in an alternative universe does that logic apply. Or are you only picking the parts you wish to respond to? Simply googling "media reacts to zimmerman verdict" will show you the number who see it as justice vs those who see it as an atrocity.

What about the esquire article? That's not national enough? or is national only NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 95503.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

huff po, msnbc they don't count either?

Hollywood celebs aren't national enough either?

It seems even FB, twitter etc are now "national" media, though they might not be legit. But how is that different from the supposed big four? they all have an agenda and they all present only that which serves their needs.

That there are so few incidents of rioting etc is the most promising outcome of this entire thing going fwd. It gives me hope that the public is wising up to being "useful idiots" and won't simply react to every dog whistle blown in their vicinity with reckless abandon. When the race card wins its very last trump and no longer holds a place in the deck, progress will have been made...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Evidence please.

ok then its an isolated incident involving few national publications. Ya see any of em saying JUSTICE PREVAILED? Ya see any of em saying the law was applied as it was intended to? Obama himself blabbing about gun violence and honoring trayvon? Self defense is a primary role of guns, one of their intended purposes, yet we need to honor z's attacker, and think about gun violence? Only in an alternative universe does that logic apply. Or are you only picking the parts you wish to respond to? Simply googling "media reacts to zimmerman verdict" will show you the number who see it as justice vs those who see it as an atrocity.

What about the esquire article? That's not national enough? or is national only NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 95503.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems even FB, twitter etc are now "national" media, though they might not be legit. But how is that different from the supposed big four? they all have an agenda and they all present only that which serves their needs.

That there are so few incidents of rioting etc is the most promising outcome of this entire thing going fwd. It gives me hope that the public is wising up to being "useful idiots" and won't simply react to every dog whistle blown in their vicinity with reckless abandon. When the race card wins its very last trump and no longer holds a place in the deck, progress will have been made...
Celebrity tweets are the "national media"? Reporting on celebrity tweets makes one guilty of beating drums to gin up riots? An opinion piece in Esquire passes for news reporting? Show me where NBC, ABC, CNN, et. al. - in their reporting of the verdict - are encouraging rioting.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Evidence please.

Celebrity tweets are the "national media"? Reporting on celebrity tweets makes one guilty of beating drums to gin up riots?they could be denouncing them no? An opinion piece in Esquire passes for news reporting? Show me where NBC, ABC, CNN, et. al. - in their reporting of the verdict - are encouraging riotingon a sunday during a full moon with mercury in retrograde after labor day too?.
bla bla bla if its heard from coast to coast that's national. see above for more direct explanation. How much more national do we get than the supposed leader of the country? CNN and huffpo and the video about her "children not safe? That wasn't national or MSNBC?

"The MSNBC host has spoken out about Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old who was shot and killed by Zimmerman, numerous times since last February. She reacted to the news of Zimmerman's verdict when it broke on Saturday night. "In this moment, black families are holding their sons and daughters closer to them," she said. "A verdict which... feels very much as though it is saying it is acceptable, it is ok, to kill an unarmed African-American child who has committed no crime."

Bubba, I often think you try to plays devils advocate but sometimes it goes beyond plausible... There has been a ginning up of the racial element since day one in this case and it hasn't stopped now that it's over. The news chooses which stories it covers and which it doesn't and how much coverage any particular piece or angle gets. Or does it only count in your mind if a national media outlet specifically says "We want you to start a riot?" I hardly care either way as none of these riots have materialized and the media is seeing its power to incite lose some clout, that's a good thing IMO...

"CLEVELAND, Ohio — The acquittal of George Zimmerman on Saturday in the fatal shooting of Travyon Martin has sparked demonstrations across the nation, with one planned for noon today in downtown Cleveland."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... ned_i.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A person, left, wearing a shirt supporting George Zimmerman engages supporters of Trayvon Martin on Sunday in Union Square in New York during a protest. no tension there, this whole ordeal will surely end well, especially with the media working overtime to diffuse it...Demonstrators upset with Saturday's verdict protested mostly peacefully in Florida, Milwaukee, Washington, Atlanta and other cities Sunday. (Craig Ruttle, Associated Press)
Cliff Pinckard, The Plain Dealer By Cliff Pinckard, The Plain Dealer
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM, updated July 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justice/z ... -protests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/us/martin ... egal-paths" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zimmerman could still be held responsible for Martin's death

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/opini ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... k_man.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Tavis Smiley: "You Can Stand Your Ground, Unless You're A Black Man"

The Media’s Irresponsible Reaction to the Zimmerman Verdict

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/ ... n-verdict/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In every one of these articles it is being implied that the verdict was an incorrect one, and that its a license to kill blacks, blacks aren't protected, etc etc. I'll give it to you that no media outlets are outright calling for violence, but they sure are providing fuel for the imaginative mind. Bring on an incendiary guest who makes absurd comments, then pretend you are simply reporting the news.

Other prominent media sources have noted the same. I guess I'm not the only one seeing the dog whistles being blown.Only time will tell how they are reacted to...Temperatures are hot and so are emotions, all it will take is one incident to get outta control for the whole thing to snowball into something much bigger. Again the biggest positive is that at least so far there has been little to no violence carried out.
mach es sehr schnell