SuperBowl XLIX

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: SuperBowl XLIX

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:Sherman is an evil jerk. All of the media was speculating about whether he would play in the game if the kid was being born. He doesn't care. I bet he doesn't even live with the "babymother". I was sincerely hoping he would get hurt in the game. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't like his hair either.
yeah but none of this sh!t matters, its your opinion, you may be right, and you;re certainly entitled to it but it really doesn't factor into the game...

To play in the NFl at any level, let alone as one of the top guys at your position you have to have that testosterone flowing, you gotta be amped up to dish out ( and take) that kinda punishment... I give all these guys a pass as to what they say and do when it comes to heat of the moment... even the tempers flaring at the end of the game and the 'hawks guy getting ejected... not like it's the first skirmish that ever broke out on the field and it won't be the last either..
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

freeski wrote:The last time the two teams met in the Super Bowl Sherman went up to Brady after the game was over. He screamed in his face. This was the most disrespectful mean act I had ever seen in sports.
Naw, it was in the regular season and Sherman talked trash before, during and after the game which Seattle won. That stuff is almost status quo these days and I don't think Sherman's antics then were particularly egregious. Apparently Browner (a former Seahawk) and Sherman had some sort of interaction after last night's game.

Doesn't matter, the better team beat the luckier team, finally.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

You're right MH, they do get worked up. Sherman was too much when he yelled at Brady and don't think the Pats don't take that to the field with them. The main thing is the Pats are Super Bowl Champions. They beat an equal if not better team to get there. It would have been so easy for Butler to have let down, but he stayed sharp and focused and this comes in part from the whole Patriot attitude from the coach down.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:The last time the two teams met in the Super Bowl Sherman went up to Brady after the game was over. He screamed in his face. This was the most disrespectful mean act I had ever seen in sports. I guess Brady could have done the same last night, but he's a better man. Seeing the look on Sherman's face after Butler made his interception was a great moment.
I hope Sherman enjoys seeing his child born out of wedlock. It will probably be one of the few times he ever sees them.
Butler's play was a thing of beauty. He took it upon himself to jump the play and he pulled it off. From the throws of defeat to victory in one of the greatest moments in sports history.

I don't like Sherman's hair either.
And you know this how? Richard Sherman may be a loudmouth on the field but off the field he's a Stanford graduate now working on his masters degree. He also has a charity that funds books and clothing for low income school kids. That all doesn't mean squat in the context of a personal relationship but I think you can deduce that he's possibly (probably?) not Adrian Peterson running around producing kids from coast to coast.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Sherman is now a postscript. Best he can hope for now is a crotch grab.
Perhaps he takes a lesson from Marshawn Lynch and goes underground.
The Legion has been relegated to an Andy Warhol moment.

NY Fans .. suggest you pick any of the remaining NFL teams to back.
Best case ... you're looking at several years of sad mediocrity :oops:
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

brownman wrote: NY Fans .. suggest you pick any of the remaining NFL teams to back.
Best case ... you're looking at several years of sad mediocrity :oops:
This is not a news flash but thank you for the reminder. :beat

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

35 pages of inflategate commentary and you call dead horse on a post regarding NY teams collective suck :shock:

Yikes
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

brownman wrote:35 pages of inflategate commentary and you call dead horse on a post regarding NY teams collective suck :shock:

Yikes
That was because we all know the NY football teams sucked this year, and the Jets in particular suck most years. And there have been numerous comments here all season reminding us of that. So, one more comment about how bad the NY football teams were and probably will be for a while is just beating a dead horse. But, if that's how you get your jollies, have at it.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
brownman wrote:35 pages of inflategate commentary and you call dead horse on a post regarding NY teams collective suck :shock:

Yikes
That was because we all know the NY football teams sucked this year, and the Jets in particular suck most years. And there have been numerous comments here all season reminding us of that. So, one more comment about how bad the NY football teams were and probably will be for a while is just beating a dead horse. But, if that's how you get your jollies, have at it.
ehhh no one enjoys making fun of jets fans...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:The last time the two teams met in the Super Bowl Sherman went up to Brady after the game was over. He screamed in his face. This was the most disrespectful mean act I had ever seen in sports. I guess Brady could have done the same last night, but he's a better man. Seeing the look on Sherman's face after Butler made his interception was a great moment.
I hope Sherman enjoys seeing his child born out of wedlock. It will probably be one of the few times he ever sees them.
Butler's play was a thing of beauty. He took it upon himself to jump the play and he pulled it off. From the throws of defeat to victory in one of the greatest moments in sports history.

I don't like Sherman's hair either.
And you know this how? Richard Sherman may be a loudmouth on the field but off the field he's a Stanford graduate now working on his masters degree. He also has a charity that funds books and clothing for low income school kids. That all doesn't mean squat in the context of a personal relationship but I think you can deduce that he's possibly (probably?) not Adrian Peterson running around producing kids from coast to coast.
Brady's first child was born out of wedlock as well. It's 2015 get over this useless concept.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Edleman played well. He broke a lot of tackles and kept the drives going. He could have been MVP.
When Gronk caught his touchdown he kept his arms above his head after catching the ball. The defender had his hand in there and could have broken up the play if Gronk had tried to bring the ball into his body. A very athletic play by Gronk.
With the exception of the two picks Brady threw the ball well. He did this against one of the best defenses ever in the NFL.

Another shameless act by Sherman was when he flashed a two and a four at the camera after they threw a touchdown against Revis. I've never seen a NFL player call another out in that manner. Stanford must be proud of him.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:Edleman played well. He broke a lot of tackles and kept the drives going. He could have been MVP.
When Gronk caught his touchdown he kept his arms above his head after catching the ball. The defender had his hand in there and could have broken up the play if Gronk had tried to bring the ball into his body. A very athletic play by Gronk.
With the exception of the two picks Brady threw the ball well. He did this against one of the best defenses ever in the NFL.

Another shameless act by Sherman was when he flashed a two and a four at the camera after they threw a touchdown against Revis. I've never seen a NFL player call another out in that manner. Stanford must be proud of him.
but it gave us this:

mach es sehr schnell

Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Bubba wrote: And you know this how? Richard Sherman may be a loudmouth on the field but off the field he's a Stanford graduate now working on his masters degree. He also has a charity that funds books and clothing for low income school kids. That all doesn't mean squat in the context of a personal relationship but I think you can deduce that he's possibly (probably?) not Adrian Peterson running around producing kids from coast to coast.
Richard Sherman was a communications major. With the constant verbal diarrhea both on the field and off the field, that certainly pegs the irony meter. He was redshirted at Stanford so he was marking time in a masters program to be eligible to play that 5th year. "Working on his masters"? Bwahahahaha! Nope. He was stashed in an easy jocks-only program like most other jocks. Communications is the #2 major for jocks trailing narrowly behind the social sciences majors like Psychology/Sociology.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Geoff wrote:
Bubba wrote: And you know this how? Richard Sherman may be a loudmouth on the field but off the field he's a Stanford graduate now working on his masters degree. He also has a charity that funds books and clothing for low income school kids. That all doesn't mean squat in the context of a personal relationship but I think you can deduce that he's possibly (probably?) not Adrian Peterson running around producing kids from coast to coast.
Richard Sherman was a communications major. With the constant verbal diarrhea both on the field and off the field, that certainly pegs the irony meter. He was redshirted at Stanford so he was marking time in a masters program to be eligible to play that 5th year. "Working on his masters"? Bwahahahaha! Nope. He was stashed in an easy jocks-only program like most other jocks. Communications is the #2 major for jocks trailing narrowly behind the social sciences majors like Psychology/Sociology.
Stanford is Stanford, regardless of major, but I agree that the selected major pegs the irony meter. And psychology or sociology aren't even close to the jock catchall for majors. That would be "General Studies" or anything else that sounds similar.

By the way, here's the undergraduate curriculum for a Stanford Communications Major:

http://comm.stanford.edu/undergraduate/major/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Stanford is Stanford, regardless of major, but I agree that the selected major pegs the irony meter. And psychology or sociology aren't even close to the jock catchall for majors. That would be "General Studies" or anything else that sounds similar.

By the way, here's the undergraduate curriculum for a Stanford Communications Major:

http://comm.stanford.edu/undergraduate/major/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
well EVERYONE knows who he is and plenty here are talking about him, so perhaps he did learn a thing or two?
mach es sehr schnell