Killington made a serious F&#K up on 365 pass billing.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Re: Killington made a serious F&#K up on 365 pass billing.

Post by ME2VTSkier »

daytripper wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:Fax my ass! Here's my Bank's number, YOU call them and get it fixed! YOU caused the problem, YOU fix it!
Good luck with that
How much money you spend there? How bad do they want your business?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
daytripper wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:Fax my ass! Here's my Bank's number, YOU call them and get it fixed! YOU caused the problem, YOU fix it!
Good luck with that
How much money you spend there? How bad do they want your business?
Good luck with that
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

From the think tank that brought us multiple billing.

"On Sunday we wrote to let you know that your account may have been affected by an error in our system that caused some Beast 365 All-Seasons Pass holders to be charged their monthly fee multiple times on July 1. Since then, we have been working with our bank and the credit card companies to get the situation resolved with as little inconvenience as possible. We have been processing credits since the morning of July 2.

On the afternoon of July 2, we became aware that some accounts had received a second round of charges. Our bank is currently processing credits for all of the erroneous charges incurred, and we hope to have this situation cleared up as quickly as possible.

While this was a serious error on our part, we do want to reiterate that the charges were not the result of a data breach, but rather a processing error within our system. Your data has been, and remains, safe with Killington Resort.

We know that this situation has been alarming, and presents a serious inconvenience. We encourage you to dial 1-800-621-6867 to speak with a call center agent if you have any additional concerns. We apologize for the error, and we thank you for your patience as we work through this challenge."

This wont cut it with me. I hate to use the L word. But its coming. Only question now is it a class action or 1 by 1? I'm not enjoying the new 365 pass enough to put up with this Sh*t! Im still waiting for all of the unauthorized charges to come off my checking account. It costs money to use my money without my permission. It will take more than a free hot chocolate or new mulch to make this go away.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

ANGUS wrote:

This wont cut it with me. I hate to use the L word. But its coming. Only question now is it a class action or 1 by 1? I'm not enjoying the new 365 pass enough to put up with this Sh*t! Im still waiting for all of the unauthorized charges to come off my checking account. It costs money to use my money without my permission. It will take more than a free hot chocolate or new mulch to make this go away.
What's the L word? Lick? As in you ballz? They probably owe you a good tonguing after this fiasco. Enjoy!
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

I got hit for 23 extra charges. My daughter's 365 pass only got charged once. They said we would get reimbursed by today with a written explanation of what happened. we got neither.

This is clearly breach of contract and I assume laws are being broken. I think a call to the VT AG Public Protection Office is in order.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

ANGUS wrote:From the think tank that brought us multiple billing.

Your data has been, and remains, safe with Killington Resort.

Oh great - I wasn't worried about the 1850 in charges - I was worried about my data.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

hillbangin wrote:
ANGUS wrote:From the think tank that brought us multiple billing.

Your data has been, and remains, safe with Killington Resort.

Oh great - I wasn't worried about the 1850 in charges - I was worried about my data.
Definitely a screw up on Killington’s part, but in truth the extra charges are more easily resolved than if a hacker got into their system and everyone’s identity had been stolen.
Don't Killington Pico
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Not many companies I would trust with a repeating automatic credit card charge and certainly not Killington or some small operator (although being small might not make them a big hacker target or maybe it would be since hackers might think the security is less than an ebay or Netflix). I would trust no organizations with a scheduled withdrawal from a checking account or banking account. That would be crazy in my opinion. You could be completely cleaned out with almost no recourse. At least if you set up a credit card automatic scheduled charge you can probably get your money back. That's is what the 18% interest rates pay for. All the fraud and risk they take making the guarantee.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Dr. NO wrote:Has anyone who ordered and paid for a regular ski pass only get overcharged? My Antique persons pass was billed in May and I have no sign of a second payment. You would think the banks would shut that account down with multiple payments and Killington should have contacted the banks and pass holders of the screw up and shut that system down until it was fixed.
I just got the bill recently with that charge on it. Will check the bill again next month to see if I have overbilled.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Killington has yet to resolve this issue. They claim they issued refunds on Monday was the last story. Funny how they kept billing me for more on Monday. I had this tied to my debit card. Not a smart move on my part. Must suck for some more than others. Not everyone keeps a spare couple thousand in an account for these kind of occasions. :bang :bull :dislike
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ANGUS wrote:Killington has yet to resolve this issue. They claim they issued refunds on Monday was the last story. Funny how they kept billing me for more on Monday. I had this tied to my debit card. Not a smart move on my part. Must suck for some more than others. Not everyone keeps a spare couple thousand in an account for these kind of occasions. :bang :bull :dislike
NEVERdo that...use your credit card and pay your credit card from your debit card if need be...but NEVER allow anyone to take a direct withdrawal from your bank account...for any reason...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

madhatter wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Killington has yet to resolve this issue. They claim they issued refunds on Monday was the last story. Funny how they kept billing me for more on Monday. I had this tied to my debit card. Not a smart move on my part. Must suck for some more than others. Not everyone keeps a spare couple thousand in an account for these kind of occasions. :bang :bull :dislike
NEVERdo that...use your credit card and pay your credit card from your debit card if need be...but NEVER allow anyone to take a direct withdrawal from your bank account...for any reason...
^^This^^ With a CC, you can dispute the charges immediately and not have to pay them (or any interest) until the issue is resolved. With a debit card/bank account, once the money is transferred, you don't have it!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
The main reason I never had or will have a debit card.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Agree with all those recommending CC vs DC usage but as someone recently the victim of debit card fraud, some diligence in monitoring your financial situation will seriously limit your liability. Like most things in life, timing is everything. Details on the FTC website:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 ... ebit-cards
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
The main reason I never had or will have a debit card.
Bingo! My bank sends me a combined debit/ATM card and I always call them and refuse the debit option. They then send out a plain old ATM card (no VISA/MasterCard logo on it). Call your bank and tell them you want an ATM only card.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit