Who's In For Opening Day?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Re: Who's In For Opening Day?

Post by rogman »

spanky wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 15:17 So, any chance of opening superstar to the masses before the World Cup?
Sure, just head down Launch Pad and duck in. The bottom gets dicey, though. Real dicey. Have a getaway plan.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

here's the on-line ticket pricing for the next couple weeks. gotta be really desperate to pay $86 to ski rime.
lift prices.jpg
lift prices.jpg (298.74 KiB) Viewed 917 times
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Pent up demand, and only 2 trails = high ticket prices. Most people will be passholders or Ikon anyways, since no other Ikon areas are open in the Northeast.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

skiadikt wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 16:44 here's the on-line ticket pricing for the next couple weeks. gotta be really desperate to pay $86 to ski rime.

lift prices.jpg
Not that bad, for a one off. take catamount in NY last season for instance - 'demand pricing' - couldn't even get a number from them. at least at K you know what you're committing to. enjoy!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 17:08 Pent up demand, and only 2 trails = high ticket prices. Most people will be passholders or Ikon anyways, since no other Ikon areas are open in the Northeast.
if i was an ikon passholder i wouldn't waste a day to ski 1 1/2 trails at k and short ones at that.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

skiadikt wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 20:29
snoloco wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 17:08 Pent up demand, and only 2 trails = high ticket prices. Most people will be passholders or Ikon anyways, since no other Ikon areas are open in the Northeast.
if i was an ikon passholder i wouldn't waste a day to ski 1 1/2 trails at k and short ones at that.
Don’t forget - a lot of ikon pasholdsrs are sugarbush and Stratton skiers who get access to our mountain but we get no reciprocal benefit in return at theirs. Why not come use a day if you want to get an early start to the season?
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Low Rider wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 21:04
Don’t forget - a lot of ikon pasholdsrs are sugarbush and Stratton skiers who get access to our mountain but we get no reciprocal benefit in return at theirs. Why not come use a day if you want to get an early start to the season?
Correct me if I am wrong, butt an IKON Base Pass that comes with the Beast 365 can access Sugarbush and Stratton for 5 days each, correct?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Big Bob wrote: Nov 3rd, '23, 05:55
Low Rider wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 21:04
Correct me if I am wrong, butt an IKON Base Pass that comes with the Beast 365 can access Sugarbush and Stratton for 5 days each, correct?
I’ll rephrase - they get benefits at our mountain for free - we have to pay a significant up charge to get benefits at theirs.

Also it lame that Ikon pass holders get the same opening day benefit as we do. Opening day should be reserved for true Killington pass holders - that would be a better thank you to the most loyal killington customers.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Big Bob wrote: Nov 3rd, '23, 05:55

Base Ikon gets you full access at Sugarbush and Stratton EXCEPT holiday blackout periods... So the 365 pass is pretty much like a full pass to three VT ski areas
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

skiadikt wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 16:44 here's the on-line ticket pricing for the next couple weeks. gotta be really desperate to pay $86.45 to ski rime.

lift prices.jpg
What is with the nickel and dime approach to these prices ? I get it that the pricing flexes with demand, but do we really need the "cents" on the end.

Typical Killington nonsensical stupidity
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Are you going to be paying with coins? What does it matter if it's $86 or $86.45 or $87? Someone obviously did not incorporate rounding to the next whole dollar in the code when applying x amount of discount after +n days. I don't think it has anything to do with nickel and diming. Dumb but not malevolent.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

ski wrote: Nov 3rd, '23, 06:46
skiadikt wrote: Nov 2nd, '23, 16:44 here's the on-line ticket pricing for the next couple weeks. gotta be really desperate to pay $86.45 to ski rime.

lift prices.jpg
What is with the nickel and dime approach to these prices ? I get it that the pricing flexes with demand, but do we really need the "cents" on the end.

just math. the full price is $95 and you get a 9% discount. comes out to $86.45. even a 10% discount would be $85.50.

not sure why they've settled on all these odd discount percentages 9, 12 17 etc. but maybe w sales tax it comes out to an even number or maybe they throw darts at a board. in the end the numbers don't matter much because there's no cash involved now that everything's a credit card transaction.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Low Rider wrote: Nov 3rd, '23, 06:38
Also it lame that Ikon pass holders get the same opening day benefit as we do. Opening day should be reserved for true Killington pass holders - that would be a better thank you to the most loyal killington customers.
How many IKON passholders do burn one of 5 days to ski the WROD? It probably isn't very many.

ski wrote: Nov 3rd, '23, 06:46 What is with the nickel and dime approach to these prices ? I get it that the pricing flexes with demand, but do we really need the "cents" on the end.

What price did you pay for gas since forever? Tenths of a cent?

Once you go to dynamic pricing, all kinds of fractional multipliers are involved. If Killington rounded down to the nearest dollar, and each skier did just one transaction per day rounded down an average of 50 cents, at 800,000 skier visits that's $400,000.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

But if they rounded up $0.50 that $400k extra

Is that the price with Tax? I don't think it has been in the past
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
wjenness
Green Skidder

Post by wjenness »

I believe I just saw the first paying customer head down Rime on a snowboard via the webcam.
Welcome to the 2023-2024 ski season everyone!