Superstar 2023

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: Superstar 2023

Post by snoloco »

In my opinion, it should load and unload in the same place as the current lift, but the top terminal should be set higher off the ground so you don't need to skate uphill to get to Skye Lark.
Dude GFY
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Dude GFY »

Bayfive wrote: Sep 17th, '23, 22:14 It takes at least 45 minutes to put bubbles away and at least that long to put them on in the morning I don’t know where you are getting your numbers from but if you want to help it would be greatly appreciate I’m there at 6:30 every morning all winter long
No wonder the lift is always delayed then. They need better help apparently or you need to report to work at 6am please.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

https://skiracing.com/2023-killington-s ... QfGAVVw06g

This likely means it will be an extra week before Superstar opens to the public after the world cup, so it would be 2 weeks after rather than one week. It's disappointing to see yet another hit on their ability to expand terrain.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Who wants to ski either of those until spring anyway?
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

It represents roughly a third of their open terrain that time of year, and is often the first expert terrain to open for the season. Last year, it was also their only expansion of terrain for the weekend following the World Cup. It also means they'll lag behind the competition on open terrain for even longer. Getting Superstar and Skye Lark open helped them catch up most years.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

snoloco wrote: Sep 22nd, '23, 17:08 It represents roughly a third of their open terrain that time of year, and is often the first expert terrain to open for the season. Last year, it was also their only expansion of terrain for the weekend following the World Cup. It also means they'll lag behind the competition on open terrain for even longer. Getting Superstar and Skye Lark open helped them catch up most years.
I'm with Snoloco on this one. People are itching to move on to Skye Peak by then. Most seasons you'll hear "yeah, maybe the expansion is slow in November. But after the World Cup, K shoots past everyone with open terrain". Now this season you can wait an extra week.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Oh my the Horror , we have to wait another week while future olympians train on our hill , first world problems
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

snoloco wrote: Sep 22nd, '23, 14:19 https://skiracing.com/2023-killington-s ... QfGAVVw06g

This likely means it will be an extra week before Superstar opens to the public after the world cup, so it would be 2 weeks after rather than one week. It's disappointing to see yet another hit on their ability to expand terrain.
Don't see why it will add a week, although it might. SS is prepped for the public pretty fast after the race. Last year they didn't even blow any new snow on it, and it wasn't good. When I want to ski a sheet of ice, I go out after a r*in/freeze cycle. No shortage in the NE. My guess is they'll allow the racers on it while they're tearing down the infrastructure at the bottom of the hill. They did it with KMS last year, they're simply expanding it. The big problem will be it will draw a lot of racing teams to the hill, and they'll be using the rest of us as gates while waiting for their slot over on SS. Oh well, business as usual...
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

The program runs through December 3rd so that means the entire pod will remain closed until at least then.