NSR, Dentist Kills Lion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Re: NSR, Dentist Kills Lion

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

This is how I think we should handle madhatter, SnoBrdr, Woodsrider and Homostar everytime these jackasses go off on a tangent. Who's with me?

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:This is how I think we should handle madhatter, SnoBrdr, Woodsrider and Homostar everytime these jackasses go off on a tangent. Who's with me?

go play w yer own balls by yerself, loser....better yet take el homo w ya, and start werkin' on those ski-off excuses...

dumpy humpty sucked on my ballz

dumpy humpty swallowed it all

then tongued my anus all covered in sweat

and happily lapped up all he could get...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Woodsrider wrote:And now for liberal switch-a-roo. Kate Steinle, 2 words- gun control.
Was a STOLEN weapon from a federal officer.

Gun control wouldn't have done a thing.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:And now for liberal switch-a-roo. Kate Steinle, 2 words- gun control.

Smart gun controls
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Woodsrider wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Smart gun controls
What's that? Only the boy'z in the hood can get one.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Woodsrider wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Smart gun controls
Is heroin legal in Vermont? How many laws are on the books regarding use, sale, possession, transport and manufacture?

How's that one working out to eliminate its use, and resultant deaths and crime?
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

steamboat1 wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Smart gun controls
What's that? Only the boy'z in the hood can get one.
A gun that use biometrics and will only fire in the hands of it's registered owner. It's already a law in Joisey. Good ole Chris Christie my favorite republican. It not quite ready for prime time near as I can tell. But it will be soon enough and will prevent such events. So back to gun control. We need to keep guns out of the hands of these idiots.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Mister Moose wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Smart gun controls
Is heroin legal in Vermont? How many laws are on the books regarding use, sale, possession, transport and manufacture?

How's that one working out to eliminate its use, and resultant deaths and crime?
Good point. We should legalize it so it's easier to get.

Heroin is a bad example because our government allows it to flourish as a foreign policy choice. Well now that I think of it, it may be a very good example because they do the same things with guns except it is a domestic policy choice.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Mister Moose wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Smart gun controls

:like :like Criminals, by definition, do not obey laws. The only people impacted by gun laws are those who choose to obey laws.

Hey why don't we make a law that makes it ILLEGAL to shoot innocent people with guns...that'll stop those bastards!
Ski the edges!
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Smart gun controls

:like :like Criminals, by definition, do not obey laws. The only people impacted by gun laws are those who choose to obey laws.

Hey why don't we make a law that makes it ILLEGAL to shoot innocent people with guns...that'll stop those bastards!
If all guns were biometrically signed then criminals would not be able to use them. No? Am I wrong in my thinking? I'm sure there would be a black market developed for hacking them. But it would certainly be harder to use them and theoretically, authorities would be able to track criminals. I would think this would be a win win for the NRA.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Woodsrider wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

If all guns were biometrically signed then criminals would not be able to use them. No? Am I wrong in my thinking? I'm sure there would be a black market developed for hacking them. But it would certainly be harder to use them and theoretically, authorities would be able to track criminals. I would think this would be a win win for the NRA.
If there weren't any criminals, then the world would live in harmony. Let's outlaw criminals. I mean, why didn't we do this already?

Back in the real world, criminals wouldn't buy your smart guns. They'd buy and use regular guns, just like they do now.

Not to mention that if I was carrying (Or was a police officer, or a pilot in the cockpit, or a woman facing a rapist), and needed to defend myself in a split second, I'm not sure I'd want some gun with a software chip that burped and said "Device not recognized, please re-boot and install version 2.46". Even something as simple as the electric lighter in my grill is unreliable.

Or as happened in a recent attack, a wife passed her pistol to her husband from her purse during a dangerous confrontation with an armed robber. The woman believes their lives were saved from their being able to defend themselves. Could the husband fire a pistol coded to the wife? Would the wife have the special magnetic ring on at the right time? From little I've read, this technology is not ready to go. The NJ law only takes effect once the technology is developed, it is not a current law.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/01/us/new-me ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But that's just a crazy faux news story. Ooops, I mean CNN.

Lets not make laws based on technology that doesn't exist yet.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Woodsrider wrote:
It would help but it would cause new issues, such as teaching someone in the family to shoot but not buying a gun for that person until ready or a family with one gun for self-defense but the "owner", that person to whom the gun is coded, is not home when the gun is needed. I'd say that's a smaller problem relative to the larger one we have with criminals but, before we decide that's the way to go, we'd have to think about all the unintended consequences for the law abiding gun owners whose rights are protected by the 2nd Amendment.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mister Moose wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

If there weren't any criminals, then the world would live in harmony. Let's outlaw criminals. I mean, why didn't we do this already?

Back in the real world, criminals wouldn't buy your smart guns. They'd buy and use regular guns, just like they do now.

Not to mention that if I was carrying (Or was a police officer, or a pilot in the cockpit, or a woman facing a rapist), and needed to defend myself in a split second, I'm not sure I'd want some gun with a software chip that burped and said "Device not recognized, please re-boot and install version 2.46". Even something as simple as the electric lighter in my grill is unreliable.

Or as happened in a recent attack, a wife passed her pistol to her husband from her purse during a dangerous confrontation with an armed robber. The woman believes their lives were saved from their being able to defend themselves. Could the husband fire a pistol coded to the wife? Would the wife have the special magnetic ring on at the right time? From little I've read, this technology is not ready to go. The NJ law only takes effect once the technology is developed, it is not a current law.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/01/us/new-me ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But that's just a crazy faux news story. Ooops, I mean CNN.

Lets not make laws based on technology that doesn't exist yet.
Why not make laws for technology that doesn't exist? People and Corporations sell products and ideas of things that do not yet exist. Hell even politicians sell books that have not been written yet.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Cost is never an issue as long as someone else is paying. How much would it cost to purchase new weapons for all law enforcement in the U.S. :?:

Also, the lions brother has reportedly been shot by poachers. It's really a miracle there are any lions left. The good doctor had previously killed a leopard and an elephant was next on his list. :|
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Woodsrider wrote: If all guns were biometrically signed then criminals would not be able to use them. No? Am I wrong in my thinking? I'm sure there would be a black market developed for hacking them. But it would certainly be harder to use them and theoretically, authorities would be able to track criminals. I would think this would be a win win for the NRA.
There's already 100's of millions of guns out there without this so this is pretty much useless! :lol: