C'mon Powdr....REALLY?....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: C'mon Powdr....REALLY?....

Post by SnoBrdr »

Thanks Browny.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Jeebus, CTFD, Mother Nature controlled our season, and Killington has done the best job ever . . . we just got back from one of the best ski trips ever at Big Sky . . . even our 80 year-old ski trip leader mentioned that it was one of his best combined powder days ever!!!! . . . We just skied here today, and still enjoyed and appreciated what K has done this season given what they have been dealt from Mom Nature!!!! Just try to appreciate!!!!
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Walmart Bluelight Special...Rose Colored Glasses....$2.98 / pr.....
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:Walmart Bluelight Special...Rose Colored Glasses....$2.98 / pr.....
eff u :P :P :P :P
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

pfff...cant even SPELL......
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

E O Eleven wrote:this thread needs a picture. guess the ski area. bonus points for year.
Killington 1972
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

ski wrote:
E O Eleven wrote:this thread needs a picture. guess the ski area. bonus points for year.
Killington 1972
You guys are going to get in trouble for playing guess the ski area during the season. :|
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
spanky
Site Admin

C'mon Powdr....REALLY?....

Post by spanky »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:Walmart Bluelight Special...Rose Colored Glasses....$2.98 / pr.....
After reading the post above yours, I also wanted to make a comment about rose colored glasses.

I too just returned from an amazing trip out west where I rode detachable chairs and gondolas all week. The last thing I want to do now is return to east coast snow cone surfaces... Call it a western hang over.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

This season may have put the last nail in the coffin of a few areas in the North East. Saddleback, Me never opened, Q burke just laid off almost all their employees, Small mnts such as Magic were struggling before this season. Will the multi mnt big boys be the only choice soon? Killington investing in more dependable summer attractions similar to what other mnts have done may be the only way to save ski areas in the NE US. As much as I would like to see a few new lifts, don't expect much shiny stuff over the summer. Lifts are getting old and lodges are getting dated, but this is reality wake up call this season and you can only blow a trail so many times before you are in the red. Management has bent over back words dealing with mother nature, but she ultimately calls the shots. The west has had 3 bad years in a row before this season, so they are not immune either.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

spanky wrote:
After reading the post above yours, I also wanted to make a comment about rose colored glasses.

I too just returned from an amazing trip out west where I rode detachable chairs and gondolas all week. The last thing I want to do now is return to east coast snow cone surfaces... Call it a western hang over.
I too just came back from an amazing ski trip to Utah where I enjoyed the snow tremendously. However, I cannot do that every weekend so I also appreciate what K has provided us with so we could ski every weekend. Mother Nature was nasty to the east coast this year and I hope this does not repeat itself next year.
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

Just returned from CO as well, and I was happy
To come back to snow on trails, period. Enjoyed the 5" the other day. Was or west last year and it was terrible. Hopefully next year will be better.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Friday, April 01, 2016
Needle's Eye is delayed until 9:30; Canyon Quad and North Ridge Triple until 10:00; Snowdon Quad is delayed with no time estimate.uh oh...guess ya can ride the box...doubt its very windy up top... :shock:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Canyon Quad and North Ridge Triple are delayed until 10:00; Snowdon Quad will not operate today.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

The Peak Restaurant is closed today
On a Friday?! :shock:
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

After all, it IS April 1st :-)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path