madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Blowing snow this morning

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:SATURDAY????
be nice but my guess is:

Not this week!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Where did you get the intfo Mr road star?
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

rogman wrote:I doubt any of the snow they made lasts, but it may help cool off the ground. Okay, that's a reach...

It's gone. SS was all dirt and grass when I left for home this morning.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

PinnacleJim wrote:
rogman wrote:I doubt any of the snow they made lasts, but it may help cool off the ground. Okay, that's a reach...

It's gone. SS was all dirt and grass when I left for home this morning.

SS is dead, long live SS.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

ANGUS wrote:
Where did you get the intfo Mr road star?
Just guessing based on the temp profile. Looks like they have a ok-ish 12 hour window Friday night (10pm to 10am sat morning), for a soft opening at noon on Saturday. Given how aggressive they've been in the last few years, and the WC hype this year, it could happen.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

rogman wrote:I doubt any of the snow they made lasts, but it may help cool off the ground. Okay, that's a reach... Surprised Mike willingly jumped into the yearly pre-season septic tank that is Kzone. Good on him. It's a bit saner after opening...
Yea, a reach, but in an all out attempt to burry SS maybe blowing snow you know is going to melt, for the sole purpose of cooling the ground, would be in the cards. This would only happen under a forecast where you had several great snow making days a quick warmup then prolonged cold running through the event.
Have the water chillers for the snowmaking system been delivered?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Doesn't look like a snowmaking window for the next week. The're talking 80F on Long Island Tuesday and Wednesday.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

PinnacleJim wrote:Doesn't look like a snowmaking window for the next week. The're talking 80F on Long Island Tuesday and Wednesday.
yeah starts cooling a bit the following week. but time is running out for an october opening.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

skiadikt wrote:
PinnacleJim wrote:Doesn't look like a snowmaking window for the next week. The're talking 80F on Long Island Tuesday and Wednesday.
yeah starts cooling a bit the following week. but time is running out for an october opening.
Don't forget the metrics needed. I believe Jeff T said they need 16 days of 6 hrs a day to get the slope ready for the event. 96 hrs total. If this weather trend continues they be up against both the weather & the clock. Confidant that if anyone can pull this off it will be The Beast.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

freeski wrote:
rogman wrote:I doubt any of the snow they made lasts, but it may help cool off the ground. Okay, that's a reach... Surprised Mike willingly jumped into the yearly pre-season septic tank that is Kzone. Good on him. It's a bit saner after opening...
Yea, a reach, but in an all out attempt to burry SS maybe blowing snow you know is going to melt, for the sole purpose of cooling the ground, would be in the cards. This would only happen under a forecast where you had several great snow making days a quick warmup then prolonged cold running through the event.
Have the water chillers for the snowmaking system been delivered?
After further consideration, I do not think there would ever be a situation where snow is made to cool the ground.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

If temps permit 4 days of 24 hour snow production yields the 96 hours Killington needs to have Super Star covered in snow for the World Cup!
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Looks like A-Basin will open soon and easily beat the Beast this year.

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2016/ ... ecast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Monday opening???
Attachments
forecast.jpg
forecast.jpg (133.87 KiB) Viewed 473 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Anyone who is not ready to go on Monday may miss opening day. Sunday opening may be in the cards also. Be prepared is the word to the wise.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Anyone who is not ready to go on Monday may miss opening day. Sunday opening may be in the cards also. Be prepared is the word to the wise.
Based on the current forecast, I'd say it's pretty unlikely.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters