dknj
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Grizzly Needs to Lead to Get Out of Control Boarders/ Skiers

Post by dknj »

RustyK wrote:
hillbangin wrote:
RustyK wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
RustyK wrote:Anybody see the fight at the KBL deck on Saturday around 3ish?

Best one I have ever seen at the K...
who won ...

guy from the old basher house...
I think I saw the post fight - big cut under his eye???

I saw some screaming on the KBL deck - when a brawl didn't break out I saw the guy getting cleaned up a bit by a couple red jackets and the SNOWBOARDER that was yelling at him just walked to the Gondi to hop on with his 3 buddies.

What's the dirt - we need the TMZ camera crew on the hill to document this stuff.
Didnt see if a fight or collision had occured, but both guys had cuts on their faces. The guy who hopped on the Gondi had a cut under his eye. The guy on the deck looked slightly worse.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

How the hell does a fight break out in a ski lodge...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Spyderman wrote:Atomic1 there have been people seriously injured already with a severe broken ankle and out for the season. As it relates to snowboarder that bomb straight down with no / little turns at high speeds, I recently learned that the change in snowboard design with front rocker a few years ago ( now the norm) allows the board to float over the snow and hence no need to turn.
Here is the technology you are thinking of:

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

Am I the only one making a connection between Rusty's fight report and this pic he posted on the other thread? Looks like someone got whacked in the head with a ski one too many times.

rudeboy
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rudeboy »

RENO wrote:
Spyderman wrote:Atomic1 there have been people seriously injured already with a severe broken ankle and out for the season. As it relates to snowboarder that bomb straight down with no / little turns at high speeds, I recently learned that the change in snowboard design with front rocker a few years ago ( now the norm) allows the board to float over the snow and hence no need to turn.

That's ridiculous! :lol: The snowboard design with rocker has nothing to do with the person not turning and bombing straight downhill! My board has hybrid rocker and a lot of boards out there these days have some sort of rocker. It provides better float on powder, harder to catch an edge and easier/quicker turning. I still ride the same exact way as I did with my previous camber board. The mechanics of snowboarding and the laws of physics don't change. Makes no difference whether the board is rockered or cambered. It's the few assholes on the board that are the problem!
This ^^

Just to add, my hybrid camber/rocker makes it better to carve (and a lot more fun). And last time I checked there are skis that come with a full rockered or hybrid shape as well...
"Also, to those who hate boarders? Check yourselves - we saved the ski industry and without us you’d be riding two-person chairs paying 200 dollar lift tickets..." NYTimes Blog
rudeboy
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rudeboy »

I don't snowboard but over the years I have heard from a lot of boarders they do this on purpose because they say all skiiers do is whine and they want to piss them off more. Not saying that is the situation here though.
Sorry, but this is total bull sh*t.
"Also, to those who hate boarders? Check yourselves - we saved the ski industry and without us you’d be riding two-person chairs paying 200 dollar lift tickets..." NYTimes Blog
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rudeboy wrote:
I don't snowboard but over the years I have heard from a lot of boarders they do this on purpose because they say all skiiers do is whine and they want to piss them off more. Not saying that is the situation here though.
No, it's true. A lot of skiers whine about snowboarders. :Toast
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

rudeboy wrote:
No it is not. I have had boarders jump my skis. When the 802 shop was open they would talk about how to scare or take out a skier. When I tried Tele skiing a boarder cut across the back of my skis, elbowed me and knocked me down. They failed to slow down or stop and ignored the fact that they hit me. There is no reason for any group to jeopardize the safety of anyone on the hill and these few ruin things for everyone.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Friday when they were load testing the Canyon chair ambassadors were trying to stop traffic while the chair was running with 55 gal. drums full of water until it stopped. Skiers stopped, snow boarders just kept on going. There were also a couple of middle fingers thrown & some WTF's from the boarders.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

RustyK wrote:
skiadikt wrote:

who won ...

guy from the old basher house...

dont f*** with the angry bird!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dr. NO wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
No it is not. I have had boarders jump my skis. When the 802 shop was open they would talk about how to scare or take out a skier. When I tried Tele skiing a boarder cut across the back of my skis, elbowed me and knocked me down. They failed to slow down or stop and ignored the fact that they hit me. There is no reason for any group to jeopardize the safety of anyone on the hill and these few ruin things for everyone.
Nobody is saying there aren't a few assholes out there, but you can't put every snowboarder in the same grouping just because of a few assholes just like you can't do the same with skiers. It's not the tool attached beneath the feet, but the tool attached above the feet. Who heard the 802 shop doing this? Maybe that's why they're out of business! :D
Phantom
Slalom Racer

Post by Phantom »

RENO wrote:Who heard the 802 shop doing this? Maybe that's why they're out of business! :D
I've heard this. And perhaps you are right that this is why they're out of business as that connection was made by the source.

AFAIK the ambassadors origininated to control the same group of morons (at the time they had skies no boards). Perhaps it is time for them to return to their roots.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Sounds like another example of the 90:10 rule.
Problem many have is with the 90% :cry:
Sadly ... the 10% rationalize vehemently.

No worries, MRG will open in a few weeks :like
Gimme Shelter
Forever .. Goat Path
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

brownman wrote:Sounds like another example of the 90:10 rule.
Problem many have is with the 90% :cry:
Sadly ... the 10% rationalize vehemently.

No worries, MRG will open in a few weeks :like
Gimme Shelter
Lol... love your avatar brownman.

Don't fear the reaper.
dknj
Beginner On Rentals

Post by dknj »

steamboat1 wrote:Friday when they were load testing the Canyon chair ambassadors were trying to stop traffic while the chair was running with 55 gal. drums full of water until it stopped. Skiers stopped, snow boarders just kept on going. There were also a couple of middle fingers thrown & some WTF's from the boarders.
My experience on Friday while the load test was occuring... 1st took downdraft header and after turning corner saw a couple of red jackets who did nothing to inform us. 2nd took cascade and saw 1st group of red jackets and a few people boarders and skiers were stopped. In retrospect, the red ambasators could have been signaling us, but barely put any effort into it so we really didn't notice. Tuned the corner and the second group of red jackets again did nothing to inform us. We asked at the bottom what was going on and someone explained the load test to us, so we headed to Superstar. Returning to the K1 later in that morning, there were still some barrels on the lift over GN, the lift was starting and stopping causing the barrels to bounce and both groups of red jackets were not insight. I was in a group of skiers and boarders.