Re: Blowing snow this morning

Post by RENO »

Word on the street, Sunday afternoon... :wink:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:Word on the street, Sunday afternoon... :wink:
if they are able to open it'll be better than nothing, but not by much...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Tough keeping all that snow in place...
Friday

r*in likely, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Windy, with a south wind 23 to 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday Night

Showers. Low around 39. Breezy, with a southeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday

r*in showers likely before 11am, then a chance of r*in and snow showers between 11am and 2pm, then a chance of snow showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Very windy, with a northwest wind 34 to 44 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night

A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Windy, with a west wind around 39 mph, with gusts as high as 49 mph.

Sunday

A chance of snow showers before 1pm, then a chance of r*in and snow showers between 1pm and 2pm, then a chance of r*in showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Very windy, with a west wind 34 to 41 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night

A chance of snow showers between 7pm and 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Very windy, with a northwest wind 50 to 55 mph decreasing to 41 to 46 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday

A chance of snow showers before 1pm, then a chance of r*in and snow showers between 1pm and 3pm, then a chance of r*in showers after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
ImageImageImageImage
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

A-Basin opens Friday. Got 4-5 inches of fresh snow yesterday in addition to some good snowmaking weather.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

PinnacleJim wrote:A-Basin opens Friday. Got 4-5 inches of fresh snow yesterday in addition to some good snowmaking weather.

Things are looking interesting at K-Basin...
Attachments
forecast.jpg
forecast.jpg (139.98 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Posted this evening on Facebook:

Weekend snow inbound
Day One quickly approaches
Bring on the cold temps

Now drop your own haiku about early season skiing, Killington, or your love of snow in the comments and you could win 2 tickets to Day One.

The season's first turns are always reserved for Season Pass and Express Card Holders, but Mike's favorite poet joins them this year.
Obviously they are watching the weather, but high humidity at first is not good. No doubt they'll make some whales, and about 6" of natural is currently forecast, but an opening? Let's see how this forecast bakes in the next 3 days.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

i don't know, starting to look like k will be giving me the best bday present wednesday plus i'm gonna enjoy all that wine ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
winter
Blue Chatterbox

Post by winter »

Dear Killington,

Not high on the priority list but....

If you could give the Superstar Cam a wipe-down it would be easier to see and see that WC course coming together.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Are they going to open? Who knows. Are they going to make snow? YES, they are going to make snow. Maybe even hitting the middle, top of Superstar. Maybe, they will go ALL THE WAY. :D
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Ki ... n/6day/top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit: Blessed are the early snowmakers; for their snow is most revered.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
DJAK
Green Skidder

Post by DJAK »

TK thinks you'll see some ongoing snowmaking early next week.

https://soundcloud.com/wintry-mix-cast/ ... ctober2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If hackers don't kill the internet again.
Just the facts ma'am.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Highway Star wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:Anyone who is not ready to go on Monday may miss opening day. Sunday opening may be in the cards also. Be prepared is the word to the wise.
Based on the current forecast, I'd say it's pretty unlikely.
I am still ready to go for the Monday opening. Hikers will reap some Sunday turns.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Snowing

http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... /rams.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

stoke
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis