Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ski
Wanted Poster

Re: North Ridge Quad

Post by ski »

BoozeTan wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
ski wrote:
skiadikt wrote:the rfid gate there is a 6.
That means nothing . . . The gate at Needles is a six too
There are two RFID gates for the Skyship midstation and that has caused a lot of issues when it's busy. There are 4 RFID gates for the quad.
they are using 4 at the Needles quad but there are actually 6 gantry spots
Precisely !
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

hillbangin wrote:
Big Bob wrote:Snowshed and Ramshead base lodges will be combined and located in the middle of the current access road. This will require major road relocation as part of the village construction. Any guess to when that will happen?
According to the presentation that I saw last Saturday they still don't have a developer.

I'm guessing these 'plans' are for the summer of 20/21? ( after K1 is done )

If they are going to blow up squeeze play and make that a terrain park - I don't know anything about land clearing BUTT that is one big project - Squeeze Play is a mile long - from the top of Rams to the bottom - and it's going to need A LOT of snow making.
Remember all the acreage they "banked" with the state when discontinuing Juggernaut.

Snowmaking capacity will just be moved from the Bear side to the K Basin side if the parks are moved.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

newpylong1 wrote: Remember all the acreage they "banked" with the state when discontinuing Juggernaut.
IIRC that was for terrain above 3,500 feet. From the top of RHQ on down, it's almost all hardwood, not at all the dense Balsam Fir that is Bicknell Thrush habitat. (Prime habitat is between 3,700 and 4,600 ft.)
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Ragged#1 wrote:Yeah the Ramshead will be a six pack bubble.

The goal is to focus on Woodward, creating a big new facility at the bottom of Vale lot. Two new trails will be cut, replacing Squeezeplay, which will be the Stash and Dream maker replacements. Bear will soon be terrain park free!

New magic carpets will replace the current ones and they will go higher up the beginner area. The old ones are being relocated to Pico, to expand their beginner program over there.

Ramshead 4 replacing the double will be the start of the major base overhaul.
I am fairly certain you will not see a change in the Stash, Dreamaker, yes.
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

hillbangin wrote:
Big Bob wrote:Snowshed and Ramshead base lodges will be combined and located in the middle of the current access road. This will require major road relocation as part of the village construction. Any guess to when that will happen?
According to the presentation that I saw last Saturday they still don't have a developer.

I'm guessing these 'plans' are for the summer of 20/21? ( after K1 is done )

If they are going to blow up squeeze play and make that a terrain park - I don't know anything about land clearing BUTT that is one big project - Squeeze Play is a mile long - from the top of Rams to the bottom - and it's going to need A LOT of snow making.
I could see Squeeze play become two parks, an actual jump line/elements park and a skier/boarder cross full length run. The cross run could be built to run on or with the bike trails already machne built not far off squeeze play now. Earthen banks/jumps from the bike trails would help cut down on needed snowmaking amounts to boot.

Ramshead will be a 6, it will also get ordered with bike carrying specific carriers for summer use. The fact the RH is used for biking now from the current top terminal makes it unlikely the replacement will go to the top. Much steeper up there would make extending bike trails to the true summit a bit of a leap. They could perhaps install a midstation on just the uphill side around the current top before running the lift full to the top. That would solve summer issue as well as leave beginner access without needing to regrade off the summit.
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

Seacoaster wrote:

The goal is to focus on Woodward, creating a big new facility at the bottom of Vale lot. Two new trails will be cut, replacing Squeezeplay, which will be the Stash and Dream maker replacements. Bear will soon be terrain park free!

New magic carpets will replace the current ones and they will go higher up the beginner area. The old ones are being relocated to Pico, to expand their beginner program over there.

And I’m very certain you will. Bear will continue to get redeveloped within the next five years or so. All the terrain parks will he located next to each other, making it more accessible for Woodward. The Peace Park was the introduction and “testing” grounds for the redevelopment. The set up will be very similar to Copper.
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Ragged#1 wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:

And I’m very certain you will. Bear will continue to get redeveloped within the next five years or so. All the terrain parks will he located next to each other, making it more accessible for Woodward. The Peace Park was the introduction and “testing” grounds for the redevelopment. The set up will be very similar to Copper.
I am very aware of what was going on last year starting around July. I said at that point, Rams was essentially to become a Carinthia type area. I agree DM is done, but the Stash, not so much. The relationship at coproartae between Burton and Woodward is very strong, part of the renewed interest from Burton in the park this year(beyond the 10th anniversary).
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

I get that ACT250 approval was secured just this year, but the North Ridge Quad had to have been spec'd out and the contract to L-P last year. Looks like a lot of new parts already on site.

https://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/v ... toryid=763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;