gotta do what they tell ya to
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

skidogg wrote:gotta do what they tell ya to
Wonder how many Republicans watched that speech last night and said yea that’s what I want ... and unbridled culture war ... that's how we’ll win back the suburbs with 50k COVID cases per day.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

didn't watch it
I boycott stupid events
fast is cool.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Wonder how many Republicans watched that speech last night and said yea that’s what I want ... and unbridled culture war ...
Would be it be easier to join the the mob and insist that all symbols of our past going back to Founding Fathers are erased. NFL Redskins need a new name, my High School mascot the Indian makes my yearbook a racist book, Patriots should be next on the chopping block, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben died during the melee. I'll vote to keep our history.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Wonder how many Republicans watched that speech last night and said yea that’s what I want ... and unbridled culture war ...
Would be it be easier to join the the mob and insist that all symbols of our past going back to Founding Fathers are erased. NFL Redskins need a new name, my High School mascot the Indian makes my yearbook a racist book, Patriots should be next on the chopping block, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben died during the melee. I'll vote to keep our history.
My high school name is Masconomet. He was an Indian Chief with some of the early Massachusetts tribes. The mascot? A Chieftain! It has not been changed.......yet.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Guy in Shorts wrote:
None of this stuff matters. None of it will change my life or yours in a material way. Who cares that some monuments to traitors are taken down?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I would leave the statues up and put plaques up putting the statues and monuments in context. Military bases named for Confederate generals should be renamed. Names like Redskins, Indians, etc. should be left to individual organizations to decide.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote:I would leave the statues up and put plaques up putting the statues and monuments in context.
As if agreement on what explanation should be on the plaque would flow forth without dissention.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

by the time the lawyers got done with it
the plaques would be the size of a billboard
fast is cool.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
None of this stuff matters. None of it will change my life or yours in a material way. Who cares that some monuments to traitors are taken down?
Abraham Lincoln was a traitor?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

daytripper wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: None of this stuff matters. None of it will change my life or yours in a material way. Who cares that some monuments to traitors are taken down?
I'll go farther. Who is on the list of traitors, and why are they on the list?
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

R E Lee for one
fast is cool.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:
daytripper wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: None of this stuff matters. None of it will change my life or yours in a material way. Who cares that some monuments to traitors are taken down?
There’s plenty of statues to confederate generals. Last I check Lincoln wasn’t a Confederate general.

When I was at Berlin’s Tiergarten there was no monuments to Hitler, Goring, Goebbels, et al.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
daytripper wrote:
There’s plenty of statues to confederate generals. Last I check Lincoln wasn’t a Confederate general.

When I was at Berlin’s Tiergarten there was no monuments to Hitler, Goring, Goebbels, et al.
So you don't think the Lincoln statues should be torn down? How about Grant?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

daytripper wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
daytripper wrote:

So you don't think the Lincoln statues should be torn down? How about Grant?
No issues with Grant. You’re trying to build a straw man.