Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by deadheadskier »

brownman wrote: Mar 4th, '21, 19:36 .. so all you Qanon dopes .. what's the plan now ? :lol:

:zzz
Don't you worry Brownie

There's still hope for BigJohnski

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-theorist ... ag-1573871
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

What are you Antifa clowns doing now? Waiting for the George Floyd cop trial to peacefully protest?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Juan Williams: Trump's jealous rants can't hide his failures

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... s-failures
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Juan Williams is a democrat talking point macine. Does he really think Trump would have sat back and not order additional vaccine? Seriously, Biden is bragging about asking for more vaccine like he saved the country. Taking credit for someone else's accomplishment is shameful, but once a plagerist, always a plagerist.

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 14:55Does he really think Trump would have sat back and not order additional vaccine?
He knows Trump didn't order more.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science ... s-n1250357
The White House reportedly declined “multiple” offers from Pfizer to strike a deal on more vaccines for the second quarter of 2021.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Dr. Moncef Slaoui, who is leading the government’s vaccine effort, noted the Trump administration was looking at a number of different vaccines during the summer. He told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Tuesday that “no one reasonably would buy more from any one of those vaccines because we didn’t know which one would work and which one would be better than the other.”

...but yah, nice try

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 15:21 Dr. Moncef Slaoui, who is leading the government’s vaccine effort, noted the Trump administration was looking at a number of different vaccines during the summer. He told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Tuesday that “no one reasonably would buy more from any one of those vaccines because we didn’t know which one would work and which one would be better than the other.”

...but yah, nice try
throbster wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 14:55 Does he really think Trump would have sat back and not order additional vaccine?
Yes, he sat back and did not order more. That's exactly what you quoted. Am I missing something?
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Up is down, wrong is right, the sky is green. Facts are what Trump says they are. We know for a fact Pfizer offered Trump's administration more vaccine doses and they declined. This is a fact. Yet for his supporters, reality does not exist.

The willingness to believe misinformation is the most frightening thing in the US today. Instead of looking at the substance of an article, people dismiss it outright because they think the source is biased. News flash, people, all sources are biased. If you ignore the ones you don't agree with, your entire worldview will be shaped by your own bias.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 16:47
throbster wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 15:21 Dr. Moncef Slaoui, who is leading the government’s vaccine effort, noted the Trump administration was looking at a number of different vaccines during the summer. He told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Tuesday that “no one reasonably would buy more from any one of those vaccines because we didn’t know which one would work and which one would be better than the other.”

...but yah, nice try
throbster wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 14:55 Does he really think Trump would have sat back and not order additional vaccine?
Yes, he sat back and did not order more. That's exactly what you quoted. Am I missing something?
The quote is saying that at the time, no one would reasonably order more vaccine until more results were known.

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 07:28
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Mar 15th, '21, 16:47

...but yah, nice try
The quote is saying that at the time, no one would reasonably order more vaccine until more results were known.
Correct. Trump made a decision to not order more. You can say you agree with his decision to not order more, but to your original question "Does he (Biden) really think Trump would have sat back and not order additional vaccine?" ... the answer to the question is Yes, Trump did sit back and not order more.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 06:38 Up is down, wrong is right, the sky is green. Facts are what Trump says they are. We know for a fact Pfizer offered Trump's administration more vaccine doses and they declined. This is a fact. Yet for his supporters, reality does not exist.

The willingness to believe misinformation is the most frightening thing in the US today. Instead of looking at the substance of an article, people dismiss it outright because they think the source is biased. News flash, people, all sources are biased. If you ignore the ones you don't agree with, your entire worldview will be shaped by your own bias.

Speaking of willingness to believe misinformation...

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/washingto ... ted-trump/

- Simon and Garfunkel
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 06:38 Up is down, wrong is right, the sky is green. Facts are what Trump says they are. We know for a fact Pfizer offered Trump's administration more vaccine doses and they declined. This is a fact. Yet for his supporters, reality does not exist.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

When determining bias, there isn’t any true scientific formula that is 100% objective. There are objective measures that can be calculated, but ultimately there will be some degree of subjective judgment to determine these. On each page, we have put up a scale with a yellow dot that shows the degree of bias for each source. Each page also has a “detailed report” section that gives some details about the source and an explanation of their bias. When calculating bias we are not just looking at political bias, but also how factual the information is and if they provide links to credible, verifiable sources. Therefore, the yellow dot may indicate political bias or how factual a source is, or in many cases, both. It is important to note that our bias scale is based on the USA political scale, which may differ from other countries. For example, the Democratic Party is considered centrist or even right-center in many countries around the world, however in the USA they are considered Left-Center. Please keep this in mind if our ratings seem off in your native country.
ImageImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Mar 16th, '21, 09:35

Speaking of willingness to believe misinformation...

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/washingto ... ted-trump/
The link in the first paragraph goes to the Washington Post. Reading the article ... at the bottom is a note on the correction since the recording of the call is now public. In my opinion, it's a minor correction. However, because it was corrected I am not sure I follow how this is 'misinformation'.

The point originally made still stands ... POTUS should not be calling states and pressuring them to 'scrutinize' (wink wink) ballots.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (62.94 KiB) Viewed 203 times
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

The WaPo...I wouldnt let my pup make a dookie on that loathesome rag