How many days have you skied/ridden this 2018/2019 season?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: How many days have you skied/ridden this 2018/2019 seaso

Post by skiadikt »

damn that sux spanky. wishing you a speedy and 100% recovery.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:damn that sux spanky. wishing you a speedy and 100% recovery.
yep pretty serious injury there...best wishes for a speedy recovery....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

madhatter wrote:
skiadikt wrote:damn that sux spanky. wishing you a speedy and 100% recovery.
yep pretty serious injury there...best wishes for a speedy recovery....
Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Ah, that's terrible, now that we're just coming into the best part of the season! Good luck re-habbing.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

spanky wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:Pitiful five days.
Same here. And that is all as I had a season ending tibial plateau fracture (and other assorted goodness) on New Year’s Day.
That sucks. Happened to me Feb 2017 with a very similar looking set of x-rays before and after. It's possible to come back close to 100%. Pretty common ski/snowboard injury.

Unsolicited advice: If the hardware starts to bother you make them take it out - don't wait like they told me to. It made a big difference for me in getting back to full function.

P.S. looks like not your first knee injury, eh? Couple of screw bits still in there in your before xray. So you know the drill, I guess.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Hate to see that Spanky. I guess you will have to join me in skiing vicariously through others in the daily ski reports. Hope you heal well and can get some good exercise in over the summer and fall.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Thanks for the well wishes folks. It was a freak accident where I pre-released out of my binding and then fell down the hill into a tree (Eagles Nest at Alta). My outer thigh caught the brunt of the impact. The full leg brace protected the femur but evidently wasn’t enough the prevent my tibia from slamming into my femur. I consider myself fortunate as the impact bent my brace and probably would’ve broken my femur.

My son captured the after-effects of the impact (namely, snow falling out of the tree) and my subsequent self-evac on his GoPro. I’ll share that at some point.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Sorry to hear that Spanky. Hope you got some good runs in before the accident.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Day 50 today, slashin pow lines :banana:
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

spanky wrote:Thanks for the well wishes folks. It was a freak accident where I pre-released out of my binding and then fell down the hill into a tree (Eagles Nest at Alta). My outer thigh caught the brunt of the impact. The full leg brace protected the femur but evidently wasn’t enough the prevent my tibia from slamming into my femur. I consider myself fortunate as the impact bent my brace and probably would’ve broken my femur.

My son captured the after-effects of the impact (namely, snow falling out of the tree) and my subsequent self-evac on his GoPro. I’ll share that at some point.
Sorry pal, the sidelines suck. Didn't you just do an ACL a couple seasons back too? You're earning some pretty good yin for all the yang you've had going on!
ImageImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Spanky sorry you will miss this season. However, don't you come back faster from broken bones than from other injuries? I may be wrong on this one though.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Stormchaser wrote:
spanky wrote:Thanks for the well wishes folks. It was a freak accident where I pre-released out of my binding and then fell down the hill into a tree (Eagles Nest at Alta). My outer thigh caught the brunt of the impact. The full leg brace protected the femur but evidently wasn’t enough the prevent my tibia from slamming into my femur. I consider myself fortunate as the impact bent my brace and probably would’ve broken my femur.

Sorry pal, the sidelines suck. Didn't you just do an ACL a couple seasons back too? You're earning some pretty good yin for all the yang you've had going on!
Thanks. ACL was in August, 2014. Lacrosse injury. But surgery was in September and I missed the entire ski season.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Spanky sorry you will miss this season. However, don't you come back faster from broken bones than from other injuries? I may be wrong on this one though.
Usually, yes. But this fracture requires me to be 10 weeks non-weight bearing because of the location in the knee joint.

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

spanky wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:Spanky sorry you will miss this season. However, don't you come back faster from broken bones than from other injuries? I may be wrong on this one though.
Usually, yes. But this fracture requires me to be 10 weeks non-weight bearing because of the location in the knee joint.
Are you on crutches? Reminds me of the 3 months I spent on crutches due to a broken pelvis.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

spanky wrote:
Bummer - the Gs sending along healing thoughts!! 10 weeks - yikes!!!