Plattekill/For You Flatlanders who Can't Up to VT this Week

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Plattekill/For You Flatlanders who Can't Up to VT this Week

Post by Skibumtress »

SNOW STORM UPDATE:

Skiers and Snowboarders, here's the EPIC REPORT you've been waiting for all season!!!

A HUGE snow storm is headed our way and forecasts are calling for 20-30"+ of snow to fall on Plattekill Mountain starting tonight through the day Wednesday and into early Thursday. Looks like we'll be having our first "Powder Daize" opening of the season on Thursday, so stay tuned for storm updates and opening confirmation at www.plattekill.com or your email inbox as we will send another email out shortly confirming our opening and giving you the personal update on the storm!

So in the meantime, THINK SNOW, strategize how you're going to get the day off Thursday.and GET PSYCHED.the real deal is coming!!!!!!!!
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

is it steep enough to ride "20 to 30 inches"? ive never been there, so i honestly have no idea, but i hear its small...

edit: nevermind, looks like this snow will help them open the mtn...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

johnny the jibber wrote:is it steep enough to ride "20 to 30 inches"? ive never been there, so i honestly have no idea, but i hear its small...

edit: nevermind, looks like this snow will help them open the mtn...
small but skis like a much bigger mtn. plenty of steeps with runs like plunge & blockbuster rivaling just about anything at k. some great off-piste to boot.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

OK Bummy, now you made a good call. If they're open, it'll be a great day for Plattekill, wish I could go.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
woodstock
Green Skidder

Post by woodstock »

I'll be there thurs.
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Get out to Plattekill. If you love powder, you'll think you've find one of the East's great post-storm nirvanas. The place skis bigger than it is and there are a ton of little side trails, mtb bike trails and trees to ski there. It's rustic, old fashioned skiing at its best.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

ski_adk wrote:Get out to Plattekill. If you love powder, you'll think you've find one of the East's great post-storm nirvanas. The place skis bigger than it is and there are a ton of little side trails, mtb bike trails and trees to ski there. It's rustic, old fashioned skiing at its best.
I really love that place. Real old New England-ish. Wish I could go on Thursday but all my gear is up in VT.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Skibumtress wrote:
ski_adk wrote:Get out to Plattekill. If you love powder, you'll think you've find one of the East's great post-storm nirvanas. The place skis bigger than it is and there are a ton of little side trails, mtb bike trails and trees to ski there. It's rustic, old fashioned skiing at its best.
I really love that place. Real old New England-ish. Wish I could go on Thursday but all my gear is up in VT.
I was just telling V how tempted I am, she reminded me of the same thing, our gear is in VT :(
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Skibumtress wrote:
Ditto on that - plus I have to work. :(
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

hmmm......I have a pair of skis down here.

Cough, cough. I feel a cold comin' on.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre