SRT lets you open Solitude and Juggarnaut...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

SRT lets you open Solitude and Juggarnaut...

Post by Highway Star »

FYI....if you run the SRT, you can open these two and claim many extra miles of skiable terrain.....DOOOO ITTTT!!!!
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Re: SRT lets you open Solitude and Juggarnaut...

Post by skiingsnow »

Highway Star wrote:FYI....if you run the SRT, you can open these two and claim many extra miles of skiable terrain.....DOOOO ITTTT!!!!
When is it that they are allowed to open these trails, due to the agreement with all the Bear habitat crap? Its some time in December if I remember right...
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

Highway Star wrote:FYI....if you run the SRT, you can open these two and claim many extra miles of skiable terrain.....DOOOO ITTTT!!!!
It is not about having the most terrain open! Right now we're offering the best selection of intermediate and advanced terrain in the east. On Dec. 14 when Snowshed and Ramshead open, we'll significantly increase our amount of open terrain, including beginner terrain. In the meantime, it is all about the upper mountain experience! :D
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

spinmaster wrote:
It is not about having the most terrain open! Right now we're offering the best selection of intermediate and advanced terrain in the east. On Dec. 14 when Snowshed and Ramshead open, we'll significantly increase our amount of open terrain, including beginner terrain. In the meantime, it is all about the upper mountain experience! :D
Has Great Northern been closed off once?
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

spinmaster wrote:
So is that a yes or no, that the South Ridge will/can operate within the next couple weeks? Continueing to provide more Upper mountain intermediate and advanced terrain?
4-mile
Black Carver

Post by 4-mile »

spinmaster wrote:
And right now South Ridge would be upper mountain, intermediate and advanced terrain in great conditions. In other words, opening it up would be consistent with what you are telling us your goal is. Keeping it closed would be consistent with POWDR's stubborn approach and show that what you say isn't really what the goal is.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

juggernaut is a quality trail...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

johnny the jibber wrote:juggernaut is a quality trail...
I'm sure you love it...
ImageImageImageImage
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

South Ridge Triple is scheduled to open Dec. 28 and will operate weekends only, with the exception on Friday, Dec. 28 and Friday, Jan. 4.
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

spinmaster wrote:South Ridge Triple is scheduled to open Dec. 28 and will operate weekends only, with the exception on Friday, Dec. 28 and Friday, Jan. 4.
Cool, thanks for the answer! The longer it waits, the more snow that will biuld up, and the better it will be when it opens and all season long!! Unless the weather takes a turn for the worse :?
Last edited by skiingsnow on Dec 5th, '07, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

How bout if we all volunteer to do 2 hours as lifty. then can you open it?
ImageImageImageImage
4-mile
Black Carver

Post by 4-mile »

spinmaster wrote:South Ridge Triple is scheduled to open Dec. 28 and will operate weekends only, with the exception on Friday, Dec. 28 and Friday, Jan. 4.
In other words, "conditions permitting" means the only condition you guys consider is your schedule. You have an opportunity to provide additional great terrain now, but have chosen not to do so because you have set a schedule and you guys are too cheap to revise that when the snow conditions dictate.

Many of us were wondering if the season would finally bring a change to POWDR's negative decisions. It is clear that you plan to continue those types of decisions in-season as well.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

4-mile wrote:
In other words, "conditions permitting" means the only condition you guys consider is your schedule. You have an opportunity to provide additional great terrain now, but have chosen not to do so because you have set a schedule and you guys are too cheap to revise that when the snow conditions dictate.

Many of us were wondering if the season would finally bring a change to POWDR's negative decisions. It is clear that you plan to continue those types of decisions in-season as well.
have you been up on the hill lately?
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
SuzyQ
Bumper

Post by SuzyQ »

yoddler and solitude are quality trails when they have signature snow. :wink:
4-mile
Black Carver

Post by 4-mile »

johnny the jibber wrote:
4-mile wrote:

have you been up on the hill lately?
I know where you are going with this. Yes, they have made more snow and, in that respect, the conditions on what they have expanded on is great. And I do like their choice of where they have expanded snowmaking up to this point. There is no bone to pick there. Besides, with the recent snow, the conditions would be great no matter who owned the place. However, other owners would use it to expand terrain to other pods (we have history to show that).

I have been holding off on giving any money to these new owners until I see if they are willing to be reasonable and flexible given the weather. So far, they have shown multiple times in this short season that they are not. My anlaysis so far is based on family and friends who have spend many days up there. The SRT decision, the lack of expanding to the RH lodge when the past weekend crowd level dictate that it is needed all show a stubbornness that really clashes with what their customers want.