New Lift at Hunter

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

DMC
Post Office

New Lift at Hunter

Post by DMC »

Stoked... :) Even if your not... haha...
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Re: New Lift at Hunter

Post by andyzee »

Is it me or does the guy talking at the beginning look like G-Smash?
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Cool video. Glad you're stoked.

Just think 50% more joeys on the hill.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

spanky wrote:Cool video. Glad you're stoked.

Just think 50% more joeys on the hill.
I don't know... things have been pretty "Joey" free since they all started going up to Killington and Mt Snow... :)

From what I hear there will be less chairs so the volume will be close to what it was with the quad...
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Gotta agree with DMC on this one, been hitting Hunter quite a bit. Pretty Joey free.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

no joeys? then why bother ...

if they're going for same volume then why not just another quad?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

skiadikt wrote:no joeys? then why bother ...

I believe they're thinking long term expansion, they'll be able to add chairs as needed ... the old quad has had many issues over the past few years and was just plain unreliable, although their intent is to relocate it to the west side ... it also can't hurt in marketing the only six pack available around these parts ...
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Does it go to the top?
shortski
:dis
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:Does it go to the top?
this isn't K, of course it goes to the top
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Eski wrote:

I believe they're thinking long term expansion, they'll be able to add chairs as needed ... the old quad has had many issues over the past few years and was just plain unreliable, although their intent is to relocate it to the west side ... it also can't hurt in marketing the only six pack available around these parts ...
How would the loading circus, unloading accident zone and conversation whiplash on a 6-pack be a marketing advantage?
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

Mister Moose wrote:
Eski wrote:

How would the loading circus, unloading accident zone and conversation whiplash on a 6-pack be a marketing advantage?
I've loaded/unloaded on 6-packs before and have never seen any issues so I haven't a clue what you're talking about
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Mister Moose wrote:How would the loading circus, unloading accident zone and conversation whiplash on a 6-pack be a marketing advantage?
I don't think it's going to be as bad as you make it out to be. It's detachable.. You'd have to be a total newb to fall.

Point is - it's the only modern 6Pack chair in the Catskills. Not something that would bring me to a ski area but whatever..
KMartman
Slalom Racer

Post by KMartman »

DMC wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:How would the loading circus, unloading accident zone and conversation whiplash on a 6-pack be a marketing advantage?
I don't think it's going to be as bad as you make it out to be. It's detachable.. You'd have to be a total newb to fall.

Point is - it's the only modern 6Pack chair in the Catskills. Not something that would bring me to a ski area but whatever..
If you're being totally honest with yourself its likely to make you NOT go to that resort...least i'd think you would.

I think six packs are the doom of modern ski areas...i understand the need to put people on the hill...but really..I wish the old germania chair still existed at alta...that silly HSQ collins is more trouble than its worth.

M
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

KMartman wrote:
DMC wrote:

If you're being totally honest with yourself its likely to make you NOT go to that resort...least i'd think you would.

I think six packs are the doom of modern ski areas...i understand the need to put people on the hill...but really..I wish the old germania chair still existed at alta...that silly HSQ collins is more trouble than its worth.

M
For nostalgia, you can always go to Beaver to ride the Germania chair.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
KMartman
Slalom Racer

Post by KMartman »

spanky wrote: For nostalgia, you can always go to Beaver to ride the Germania chair.
LOL...wouldnt be the same....but aint it the truth ruth???

God it really made Alta a better place...all the good spots that are so easy to get to now were better for longer cause you had to work for them...you still have to work for some, but be on the ready if its a pow day at Alta...im usually done by 11am... :D

Damned spoiled locals....

M