Blackout Purchased

Post by BoozeTan »

pulled the trigger...with summer payment plan it was $805.03
There is no tax on the $25 dollar give me your money charge
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: Blackout Purchased

Post by SnoBrdr »

Per the Pass Office, the Unlimiteds go up $150 on Friday.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Deep Tracks
Green Skidder

Post by Deep Tracks »

I noticed they no longer give you 15% off on food, not that that's a big deal, but now you have to buy insurance on the pass.
I am tempted to buy the $36 premium due to knee issues but I would like to see the terms of this agreement in writing.
Anyone know if it is written somewhere?
Not that I don'r trust Powdr of anything......
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Deep Tracks wrote:I noticed they no longer give you 15% off on food, not that that's a big deal, but now you have to buy insurance on the pass.
I am tempted to buy the $36 premium due to knee issues but I would like to see the terms of this agreement in writing.
Nah, if that unfortunate event was to happen to you just contest your CC to get prorated refund. Especially if you buy with an Amex
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

SnoBrdr wrote:Per the Pass Office, the Unlimiteds go up $150 on Friday.
What about blackouts?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

Highway Star wrote:
What about blackouts?
Last season, I BELIEVE, Midweek and Unlimited went up $150, Blackout went up $50. I waited until summer last year to buy my blackout pass . . . . But that was last season, never know what they may do this year... I'd call them if you really want to know...
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Highway Star wrote:
What about blackouts?
Drink less or stop drinking all together. Blackouts are a clear sign of a problem.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Deep Tracks wrote:I noticed they no longer give you 15% off on food, not that that's a big deal, but now you have to buy insurance on the pass.
No discounts on Food or sales for the Blackout, Midweek and college passes this year. If you enjoyed those discounts you must have an unlimited pass. Careful of pre-existing conditions even if you purchase the insurance.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Just purchased a Blackout pass for myself and a Pico only for my wife :Toast
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
TeleTim
Beginner On Rentals

Post by TeleTim »

I would like to know what the numbers are like compared to last year on the blackout passes. Let's see: Raise the price 13% in a still shaky economy, add on more blackout days, charge for the payment plan that was free last year, charge for insurance that has never been needed before, take away purchase discounts on food and hard goods, and just to make things more appealing close most of the mountain early with plenty of snow (right before the purchase deadline) because season pass holders don't generate any income. The marketing department must have had to work overtime to come up with this plan! Pure GENIUS!

OH and don't even consider extending the season even though there is still great coverage!

TT
Last edited by TeleTim on Apr 29th, '11, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

TeleTim wrote:I would like to know what the numbers are like compared to last year on the blackout passes. Let's see: Raise the price 13% in a still shaky economy, add on more blackout days, charge for the payment plan that was free last year, charge for insurance that has never been needed before, take away purchase discounts on food and hard goods, and just to make things more appealing close most of the mountain early with plenty of snow because season pass holders don't generate any income. The marketing department must have had to work overtime to come up with this plan! Pure GENIUS!

OH and don't even consider extending the season even though there is still great coverage!

TT
It's quite obvious that they would like to totally do away with the Blackout pass.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

SnoBrdr wrote:
TeleTim wrote:I would like to know what the numbers are like compared to last year on the blackout passes. Let's see: Raise the price 13% in a still shaky economy, add on more blackout days, charge for the payment plan that was free last year, charge for insurance that has never been needed before, take away purchase discounts on food and hard goods, and just to make things more appealing close most of the mountain early with plenty of snow because season pass holders don't generate any income. The marketing department must have had to work overtime to come up with this plan! Pure GENIUS!

TT
It's quite obvious that they would like to totally do away with the Blackout pass.
blackouts are getting screwed more but they're sticking to everyone with the payment plan & insurance. insurance on unlimited is $52.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

skiadikt wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

TT
blackouts are getting screwed more but they're sticking to everyone with the payment plan & insurance. insurance on unlimited is $52.
They're giving you a couple of new options including insurance and a payment plan. How is that screwing people? You don't have to purchase or use either option. How are they sticking it to everyone? It would appear that you've gotten so used to bitching and moaning about all things Killington that you forgot what you were bitching and moaning about in the first place. Do you live the rest of your life like that or is it just Killington?
SPORE

Post by SPORE »

junior wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

TT
They're giving you a couple of new options including insurance and a payment plan. How is that screwing people? You don't have to purchase or use either option. How are they sticking it to everyone? It would appear that you've gotten so used to bitching and moaning about all things Killington that you forgot what you were bitching and moaning about in the first place. Do you live the rest of your life like that or is it just Killington?
New options including a payment plan?

The only thing new about the payment plan is that they are charging a fee for it this year.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SPORE wrote:
junior wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

TT
New options including a payment plan?

The only thing new about the payment plan is that they are charging a fee for it this year.
So it is a new plan then, yes? Do you have to use it, purchase it, or otherwise utilize this option? No.

Some people may have only $500 to spend on the pass now and hopefully have the rest in a few months, but not the full $1049 now. These people can take advantage of the early price and save themselves $100 to $150 by buying the pass now. To save this $100-$150, it will cost them $25 by utilizing the payment plan. What are you missing? This does not sound like a good deal to you?