Gronk

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
freeski
Post Office

Gronk

Post by freeski »

First he stays with a block after his teammate had scored and drove his opponent into the ground seven yards out of the end zone. No one told Gronk the play had been over for a while. Then he scores in an inspired "I will not be denied" catch and run hurdling over two defenders. He's a tough competitor and he never murders anyone. How can you not like this guy. :P
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Gronk

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:First he stays with a block after his teammate had scored and drove his opponent into the ground seven yards out of the end zone. No one told Gronk the play had been over for a while. Then he scores in an inspired "I will not be denied" catch and run hurdling over two defenders. He's a tough competitor and he never murders anyone. How can you not like this guy. :P
Was he flagged for "excessive blocking"?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:First he stays with a block after his teammate had scored and drove his opponent into the ground seven yards out of the end zone. No one told Gronk the play had been over for a while. Then he scores in an inspired "I will not be denied" catch and run hurdling over two defenders. He's a tough competitor and he never murders anyone. How can you not like this guy. :P
Act I think they said there were two penalties.

One for Unsportsmanlike like conduct and one for taunting.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Sergio Brown got exactly what he deserved.
The game was only in question just before halftime...bizarro :-o
That was one helluva team effort rushing attack.

Maybe 'the Beast' should begin calling itself the Gronk :idea:
Hey .. Russ Francis was a regular here at one time ...

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Russ Francis, haven't heard his name in a while. Back in his day I was a kid and the players were like super heroes (at least to me). :-)
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:Russ Francis, haven't heard his name in a while. Back in his day I was a kid and the players were like super heroes (at least to me). :-)
All World tight end.

Never gets the credit he is due from the NFL or commentators.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Francis quaffed some serious pilsners with us back before they blew out the walls on the K-bar to create Mahogany.
Rode Dynastar 210s (the red cross blood donor tip model) :lol: ... articulated a decent turn for a big fella'

Gronk would likely Snoboard ... in keeping with his devastation inclination :P
Forever .. Goat Path
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Act I think they said there were two penalties.

One for Unsportsmanlike like conduct and one for taunting.
Zebra's should have called off setting penalties with the taunting one on Brown. Would have sent the "we're watching you message without penalizing either team. Brown should have been flagged for all the in game taunting he was doing. If you are going to yap it up, at least be able to back it up!
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Geoff wrote:Image

I am still surprised Colts # 21 got up after taking all of Gronk to the head in the end zone. Gronk is what they call "Quite a load"!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dickc wrote:

I am still surprised Colts # 21 got up after taking all of Gronk to the head in the end zone. Gronk is what they call "Quite a load"!
in teh second video it looks like the defender grabs the jersey and attempts to give gronk a whip around as he lets up initially, then gronk pushes him away and plows him into the ground...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Geoff, Thanks.
MH: Yes, I think you're right. Earlier in the game the same guy whipped Gronk on the sideline and sent him flying waaay off the field. Good observation.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:
Dickc wrote:

in teh second video it looks like the defender grabs the jersey and attempts to give gronk a whip around as he lets up initially, then gronk pushes him away and plows him into the ground...
Yup, that I what I saw, and why I said this above.
Dickc wrote:Zebra's should have called off setting penalties with the taunting one on Brown. Would have sent the "we're watching you message without penalizing either team. Brown should have been flagged for all the in game taunting he was doing. If you are going to yap it up, at least be able to back it up!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Dickc wrote:

Yup, that I what I saw, and why I said this above.
Dickc wrote:Zebra's should have called off setting penalties with the taunting one on Brown. Would have sent the "we're watching you message without penalizing either team. Brown should have been flagged for all the in game taunting he was doing. If you are going to yap it up, at least be able to back it up!
:like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

In an earlier play while blocking, Gronk took a shot to the face, helmet flew and his lip was bloodied.
'Lucky' Vontae Davis took the retaliation.
Seeing blood sets some guy's off :like

Sergio Brown yaps more than Rodney Harrison ever did :dislike
Forever .. Goat Path