Could this happen at Killington?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Could this happen at Killington?

Post by Bubba »

19-unit Club Residences at Spruce Peak Stowe sell in record time for total of $42 million

http://vermontbiz.com/news/february/19- ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Re: Could this happen at Killington?

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

No.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

not with how things are at this time , maybe in 20 years after the village and interconnect go thur
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
moneygripp
Green Skidder

Post by moneygripp »

19 more familys of assholes that think they're the most important people there...hooray
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Scary.
The rich get richer.
Wonder how well Stowe pays their Instructors?
Seems to be a lot longer drive for not much more or better terrain.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

moneygripp wrote:19 more familys of assholes that think they're the most important people there...hooray
So being rich equals being an asshole? I have to conclude that you are rich moneygripp.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Spruce village really is beautiful. If you've never been there it's worth the trip just to look around.

The zip line they're putting in off the gondola is going to be a huge hit. I believe it will have three stages. The concrete foundations for the zip were already installed last summer. There's also talk of putting mountain biking in off the Mansfield triple chair.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

The zip lines they put in are serious business. It appears to extend from the top of the Gondola over to near Goat and then back to lower Perry Merrill, and then to the base. Looks fun.

As for the 19 more assholes and lacking terrain comment. I couldn't disagree more. If you can't find challenging terrain at Stowe you are doing it wrong. Lots of incredible woods, and steeps. I've encountered more assholes at Killington than Stowe...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

I really hope this does not happen at the K.

Great marketing video though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXWHBwr ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sprucepeak.com/front-four-pr ... dence-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benefits of Front Four Ownership
A premier vacation residence at a world class resort without work or worries. Front Four Private Residence Club features one-eighth share deeded interests that garner you access to all residences within your category (two-, three- or four-bedroom) and all facilities-with the right to use anytime, subject to the reservation policies. As a result, you get more convenience together with exquisite benefits, that include:

•"Pre-arrival" call to all guests by the Front Four private concierge to arrange your personalized stay
•Mountain adventure concierge
•Ski, golf and fly-fishing guides
•Artisan-inspired fine and casual dining
•Children's adventure programming
•Wireless high-speed internet access in public area
•Luxury shops and boutiques
•Overnight valet parking
•Airport transfer service
What's more, Front Four residents are granted membership to the Stowe Mountain Club, while in residence, offering preferred services and private luxuries throughout the resort, such as exclusive concierge service, greens fees and golfing privileges, full access to the Spa at Spruce Peak, a full season's pass to Stowe Mountain Resort and more. At Home On The Mountain.
Where is Happy Hour ?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

the real estate developers got rich and 19 families who could afford it. does nothing for the overall mtn experience. zipline does sound cool though.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Holy crap, that's a lot of money! Incredible that they sold so quick too. Can't imagine that happening at K.

By the way, word on the street is that Killington and POWDR are still talking about the village. :P :lol:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The people at Stowe are nice; weird but nice. When you get caught smoking weed in Spruce lodge they ask you to "please stop the extracurricular activities". Spruce is as nice as it gets without going to Dubai. There aren't enough rich to have a lot of Stowes. I hope Killington has stopped aspiring to be that kind of mountain.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

freeski wrote:The people at Stowe are nice; weird but nice. When you get caught smoking weed in Spruce lodge they ask you to "please stop the extracurricular activities". Spruce is as nice as it gets without going to Dubai. There aren't enough rich to have a lot of Stowes. I hope Killington has stopped aspiring to be that kind of mountain.
yeah stowe always a more uppity vibe (not criticizing the skiing). k has had more of a middle class vibe. moving forward i'm guessing some sort of village is a necessary evil with the idea of making k more of a 4-season resort - an area where they seriously lag. stowe has always had that more than just a ski resort thing.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
irab82
Black Carver

Post by irab82 »

RENO wrote:Holy crap, that's a lot of money! Incredible that they sold so quick too. Can't imagine that happening at K.

By the way, word on the street is that Killington and POWDR are still talking about the village. :P :lol:
At this point, the village and the interconnect are akin to the old SNL news report - "General Francisco Franco is still dead."
http://www.IraSez.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;