Foundry

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Foundry

Post by rogman »

Just informed by waitress that we can't sit at a table in the bar area unless we order dinner. It's 4:38. Seriously? There are 6 other people in the bar. There are 9
of us. We drink. A lot. WTF is wrong with these clowns? Not like I'm hearing the food is spectacular: what I'm hearing is it sucks.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Re: Foundry

Post by buckethead »

ate there =2 a couple of weekends back.
food ok.
service poor.

menu used to be much better.
off my list
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bubba: "My comments will be on trip advisor where it will reach a much wider audience."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

sad, so sad...

even worse...
It's 4:38. ... There are 6 other people in the bar.

oh the sadness...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skispohn
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skispohn »

Used to eat there a lot in the days when it was the “Grist Mill” Was there once since it changed to “The Foundry” Bad service and overpriced food. Taken off my list also. :dislike :dislike
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

My comments are simple. Their attitude toward their customers sucks. I see no reason to come here for happy hour and I'm not sure their food is good enough to come here for dinner given their prices.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

6 pm still 9 of us; 17 others. Their business plan needs work. My bad, it's 10.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

They can't even get there starboard & port lights right (red & green) on the outside deck. They're opposite of what they should be, any good seaman would tell you that.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

steamboat1 wrote:They can't even get there starboard & port lights right (red & green) on the outside deck. They're opposite of what they should be, any good seaman would tell you that.
Question from the Submarine Qualification Board, "In the Starboard Running Light which is Red , the bulb, or the lens?" ......
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

steamboat1 wrote:They can't even get there starboard & port lights right (red & green) on the outside deck. They're opposite of what they should be, any good seaman would tell you that.
Starboard light is green...
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Stache wrote:
Question from the Submarine Qualification Board, "In the Starboard Running Light which is Red , the bulb, or the lens?" ......
The starboard lens is green, both bulbs are white, even the port bulb with the red lens.

For the Submarine Qualification Board, looking towards the bow which side is starboard & which is port?

Next question if you see 3 white lights on top of eachother on the mast what does this mean?
Last edited by steamboat1 on Apr 9th, '16, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

The requirement is for a red light (or green) to be visible, there is no requirement for the lens or bulb or the source of illumination, only the brightness in miles of visibility.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Mister Moose wrote:The requirement is for a red light (or green) to be visible, there is no requirement for the lens or bulb or the source of illumination, only the brightness in miles of visibility.
The port & starboard running lights also must be only visible from 112.5 degree's forward aft.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Stache wrote:
When a sub is running under the surface it does not need running lights.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:My comments are simple. Their attitude toward their customers sucks. I see no reason to come here for happy hour and I'm not sure their food is good enough to come here for dinner given their prices.

Truer words were never spoken.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.