Snowboarder with Orders to Iraq

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Snowboarder with Orders to Iraq

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

My Godson and nephew, having just graduated from USMC boot camp in Parris Island received his 1st duty station orders. Going to Iraq. My other newphew, his older brother, graduated from US Army boot camp a few months earlier. He's going to IRAQ also.
Last edited by Vinny Vincenzo on Apr 28th, '05, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

i know.... graduation rates are just out-of-this-world crazy!!! something must be done about it NOW!
MarieM
Post Office

Re: Orders to Iraq

Post by MarieM »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:My Godson and nephew, having just graduated from USMC boot camp in Parris Island received his 1st duty station orders. Going to Iraq. My other newphew, his older brother, graduated from US Army boot camp a few months earlier. He's going to IRAQ also. When will this madness end?
If you find out, let me know, would you please? My son is scheduling his wedding around a summer deployment and another 6-month deployment that has been changed several times, but is now scheduled for December. We're all keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't change.

If you happen to speak to Rumsfeld you can tell him I'm not happy.

P.S. I'm going to assume this thread will be moved to the political forum.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

War sucks...

Rumsfeld and company is trying to delay my Brothers retirement so he can go back too...

Meanwhile we're sweating out his wife going again as well...
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

MarieM wrote: P.S. I'm going to assume this thread will be moved to the political forum.
I changed the thread title. My nephew is a snowboarder. If he can manage to dodge the RPG's and road bombs, I will buy him a new snowboard (gulp) and a pass to the Big K.
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
MarieM wrote: P.S. I'm going to assume this thread will be moved to the political forum.
I changed the thread title. My nephew is a snowboarder. If he can manage to dodge the RPG's and road bombs, I will buy him a new snowboard (gulp) and a pass to the Big K.
My son is a skier who has missed two seasons due to deployment. It's not looking good for next ski season, either if he ships out in December for six months. He did some wakeboarding in last summer, and there's a possibility that he may get in a few days this summer.

In the meantime, Rumsfeld is my least favorite person.
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

MarieM wrote: My son is a skier who has missed two seasons due to deployment. It's not looking good for next ski season, either if he ships out in December for six months. He did some wakeboarding in last summer, and there's a possibility that he may get in a few days this summer.
My wife and I will include him in our prayers.
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

MarieM wrote:
In the meantime, Rumsfeld is my least favorite person.

rumsfeld? shouldn't you be directing your frustration/anger at his boss?
Bling Skier
Postinator

Re: Snowboarder with Orders to Iraq

Post by Bling Skier »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:My Godson and nephew, having just graduated from USMC boot camp in Parris Island received his 1st duty station orders. Going to Iraq. My other newphew, his older brother, graduated from US Army boot camp a few months earlier. He's going to IRAQ also. http://media.ebaumsworld.com/sandsicaf.wmv
yo vinny...it's part of his job...duh!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Bling Skier wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:My Godson and nephew, having just graduated from USMC boot camp in Parris Island received his 1st duty station orders. Going to Iraq. My other newphew, his older brother, graduated from US Army boot camp a few months earlier. He's going to IRAQ also. http://media.ebaumsworld.com/sandsicaf.wmv
yo vinny...it's part of his job...duh!
Blingy, what with the duh stuff? You were in the DDYC - Draft Dodgers Yact Club. Motto - I did my four before the war. :lol:
Last edited by Vinny Vincenzo on Apr 28th, '05, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

They signed up for this so I don't see any problem with people being deployed.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

SPORE wrote:They signed up for this so I don't see any problem with people being deployed.
Thats true...
They are doing their job honorably.
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

They sure are. They're good kids. Blingy, I just played that video. That's some mad stuff - bizarre! Semper Paratus
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

SPORE wrote:They signed up for this so I don't see any problem with people being deployed.
You're right...he did sign up for this. And we say thank you to the the Navy for many things. But under other circumstances, he would have more shore duty and less time at sea. Is he spending time in the Persian Gulf for a worthy cause?

(Just my opinion, but I'm not happy about the direction our involvement is taking. There's no clear victory in sight and Rumsfeld has said when asked about an exit plan that the only plan is victory. I'm not sure that we're accomplishing our objectives in Iraq.)
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote: When will this madness end?
When you say madness, are you refering to the war in Iraq, or to your two nephews who voluntarily joined the marine corp in the middle of a very unstable conflict?

I wish them well.