Minute Man National Historic Park

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Minute Man National Historic Park

Post by f.a.s.t. »

My wife had never been to Minute Man National Historic Park in Lexington-Lincoln-Concord, Mass, and I had not been in 20 years. We went yesterday, what a disappointment. We started at the Lexington Green and entered the Buckman Tavern. Inside was a woman re-writing history, blaming the Colonist for starting a war. We then went to the Visitor Center in Lincoln, the same one that was there 20 years ago. It was outdated then-even more now. We walked Battle Road to the Hartwell Tavern which was pretty good-three well informed period characters inside. We continued to the North Bridge site and visitor center, the same one that was there 20 years ago. It was outdated then-even more now. The park is in desperate need of work-it is getting run down. I guess I'm not surprised the Federal Government has allowed it to look the way it does. You would think they would have this place looking really good, clean-neat-manicured and stunning. The fields and stone walls are getting overgrown, the split rail fences falling apart, the grass wasn't cut, poor drainage all over, signs rotting and falling over and more. The Paul Revere capture site a muddy mess. Old historic buildings falling apart. What a shame, especially the visitor centers.

Concord is getting run down too, not surprising. The tax dollars there are not being spent properly. A large Black Lives Matters gathering was taking place in front of a church. There was a fairly large presence of police-ambulance and fire trucks in place? The Colonial Inn was dark and dank and no service on the veranda on a fine fall day.

We recently visited Gettysburg, the two National sites are complete opposites as far as maintenance.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!