Still no Under 30's Pass = Goodbye Killington

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

gregnye
Beginner On Rentals

Still no Under 30's Pass = Goodbye Killington

Post by gregnye »

I assume most of you guys on this forum are old and don't have this problem.

But here's my dilemma:
I've been in college for 4 years, had the College Pass and have grown to love Killington. College pass was pretty affordable ($400).

Now I'm about to graduate. I will no longer be in college next season. Which means I won't qualify. It also means that I will have to seek other options as every other pass Killington has is way too expensive for me.

To the south of Killington, Mt. Snow (Peaks) has the Drifter Pass ($400, ages 22-29) and to the north Sugarbush has the "For 20's Pass $369". Why can't Killington do something similar? Since the college pass requires enrollment verification its not the same. Now I will have to spend my money elsewhere. It's sad because I've grown to love Killington as my "home" mountain.

Killington, you are turning away potential lifetime customers. And I'm sure someone on this forum will say something like "well you should just spend more money, back in my day I walked uphill both ways, you "millennials" have it easy...blah blah blah." But really I'm not going to. The market has spoken and unless Killington can provide a pass that's affordable to me I will have no choice but to drive the extra 30 minutes to Sugarbush.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: Still no Under 30's Pass = Goodbye Killington

Post by SnoBrdr »

gregnye wrote:I assume most of you guys on this forum are old and don't have this problem.

But here's my dilemma:
I've been in college for 4 years, had the College Pass and have grown to love Killington. College pass was pretty affordable ($400).

Now I'm about to graduate. I will no longer be in college next season. Which means I won't qualify. It also means that I will have to seek other options as every other pass Killington has is way too expensive for me.

To the south of Killington, Mt. Snow (Peaks) has the Drifter Pass ($400, ages 22-29) and to the north Sugarbush has the "For 20's Pass $369". Why can't Killington do something similar? Since the college pass requires enrollment verification its not the same. Now I will have to spend my money elsewhere. It's sad because I've grown to love Killington as my "home" mountain.

Killington, you are turning away potential lifetime customers. And I'm sure someone on this forum will say something like "well you should just spend more money, back in my day I walked uphill both ways, you "millennials" have it easy...blah blah blah." But really I'm not going to. The market has spoken and unless Killington can provide a pass that's affordable to me I will have no choice but to drive the extra 30 minutes to Sugarbush.
No sympathy for you.

My full pass has been subsidizing your college pass for 4 years.

Hopefully, by now you are out of mom's basement and have a full-time job.

Free ride isover.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Mount Snow blows. Get the Shredder Pass at Magic for $319.

SHREDDER (18-29)
They say it’s time to become an adult. We say, yeah, as long as you can still rip it whenever you can. And that’s what you can do for less all season long at Magic. Age based pass for 18-29 year olds–based on your age as of January 1 2019.This is an Unlimited pass and comes with all its benefits, like the added skiing benefits of the Freedom Pass where you get 3 complimentary tickets (one ticket per visit) at each of 12 other ski areas across the US. Added benefits for Unlimited passes are 20% of tuning at the Red Line Rentals and Tuning and 10% off ski shop purchases.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I thought Killington had a pass for that age bracket last season. Am I mistaken?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Bubba wrote:I thought Killington had a pass for that age bracket last season. Am I mistaken?
They did

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Bubba wrote:I thought Killington had a pass for that age bracket last season. Am I mistaken?
they do. it's $649 for 19-29. significantly higher than mt snow & sugarbush. but neither snow or the bush offer what does k does in terms of terrain and length of season (i like bush but it's still not k). perhaps $649 is a bit high. maybe something like $569 would ease the pain a bit and yet account for the added value of a k pass.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
gregnye
Beginner On Rentals

Post by gregnye »

SnoBrdr wrote:
No sympathy for you.

Free ride isover.
I knew there would be a response like this. It's ironic because I'd actually be in better shape financially if I did live at home (aka in my Mom's basement) while I work full-time since wages haven't increased but the cost of living continues to rise.

But hey, maybe Killington is just a club for the elite. When I have the unfortunate opportunity to ski during a holiday week there I overhear rich people from NYC talking about buying their second/third mountainside condo. Meanwhile I'm here like "hopefully maybe I'll be able to buy my first house someday..."
gregnye
Beginner On Rentals

Post by gregnye »

skiadikt wrote:
they do. it's $649 for 19-29. significantly higher than mt snow & sugarbush. but neither snow or the bush offer what does k does in terms of terrain and length of season (i like bush but it's still not k). perhaps $649 is a bit high. maybe something like $569 would ease the pain a bit and yet account for the added value of a k pass.
Yeah all I'm saying is it should match the rest of the market. I'd pay a maximum of $450. Every other similar pass is around $399.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Don't be a cop and get rich like the high school kids.

: > }
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

gregnye wrote:I assume most of you guys on this forum are old and don't have this problem.

But here's my dilemma:

Stowe's under 30 pass was $1200+ with tax in 2013. :violin
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

gregnye wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
Yeah all I'm saying is it should match the rest of the market. I'd pay a maximum of $450. Every other similar pass is around $399.
The market seems to be pretty varied on this. My Snow and Bush obviously make it a super deal. Killington does give a discount to that age group (although I agree that something like $569 for 20’s and $459 for under 18 would seem to be a better point).

On the other side, as best I can tell, stowe, Okemo, Sunday river, sugarloaf, Stratton do not offer any discount at all for the 20’s crowd.
Don't Killington Pico
Downdraft
Black Carver

Post by Downdraft »

SnoBrdr wrote:

But here's my dilemma:

No sympathy for you.

Free ride isover.
Good job being a real cocksucker. Hope you fall flat on your face with your life and job. Ever suck dick for food? Yeah, respond like a dick, get quoted back like one.

In other news to OP , mount snow really blows as a ski area. Free wouldn’t even be worth it. Sugarbush option sounds like the best. Bummer Killy doesn’t help this as range.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

You're still in school. Just buy a College pass for next season now.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Back when I was your age there wasn't any low priced passes and season passes were all over $1000, so stop wining and set your financial priorities. Your also probably making 3x what I made when you got out of school.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Downdraft wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

But here's my dilemma:

No sympathy for you.

Free ride isover.
Good job being a real cocksucker. Hope you fall flat on your face with your life and job. Ever suck dick for food? Yeah, respond like a dick, get quoted back like one.

In other news to OP , mount snow really blows as a ski area. Free wouldn’t even be worth it. Sugarbush option sounds like the best. Bummer Killy doesn’t help this as range.
Wow, I guess you told me.

Vulgarity and ah hominem attacks are the sure way to make your point and get others to support you.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.