881D2641-4080-4265-83D0-E49B6694D935.jpeg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 732 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: COVID-19

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:.
hopefully only where you live...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

The issue of a second wave of coronavirus in the fall came up at today’s White House coronavirus press briefing. Comments the head of the CDC made about one were the subject of a big back-and-forth involving President Donald Trump, who said at one point “it may not come back at all.”

At one point during the briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci addressed the issue of a second wave and said, “What Dr. Redfield was saying, first of all, is that we will have coronavirus in the fall. I am convinced of that, because of the degree of transmissibility that it has, the global nature. What happens on that will depend on how we are able to contain it when it occurs. And what we’re saying is that in the fall, we will be much, much better prepared to do the kind of containment compared to what happened to us this winter.”

“The complicating issue is that unlike the syndromic and influenza-like observances that we have, that you could pick it up by clinically what’s happening, it’s going to get complicated. By the influenza season. I believe that’s what Dr. Redfield was saying, that it is going to be complicated,” Fauci continued.

So whether or not it’s going to be big or small is going to depend on our response.”

One reporter clarified, “So you would caution against people thinking that in the fall, there’s not going to be coronavirus anymore and we won’t have to worry about it.”

“There will be coronavirus in the fall,” Fauci said, emphasizing again the U.S. will be able to respond.
how dare trump hope that it "might not come back"... we should all be ecstatic like XJ at the mere prospect of it coming back...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg
XJ CNN.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 714 times
Agree with XJ and CNN, dissention is bad. Differences in opinions is bad. We must all say the same thing. We must choose a single appointed expert, and all fall in behind them without questioning or thinking. We must stop this concept of independent thought. CNN knows best.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg
Agree with XJ and CNN, dissention is bad. Differences in opinions is bad. We must all say the same thing. We must choose a single appointed expert, and all fall in behind them without questioning or thinking. We must stop this concept of independent thought. CNN knows best.
straight up telling him he's an imbecile and providing direct evidence of such hasn't worked I highly doubt your subtle hint will have any effect either...

some people will always be blind followers...XtremeParrot is one of them...

gotta do what they tell you....

Ignorance lies not in the things you don't know, but in the things you know that ain't so.---madbubbarogers---out...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg
Differences in opinions are all well and good, but what you're seeing above is not a difference in opinion. One is a lie and the other is a fact.

I know some conspiracy theory folks are saying COVID won't be here in the fall, but I'm going to guess you're not one of them.

I don't think you're blindly following Trump's lies, which contradict both of his own experts, and think it's just going disappear over the summer like a miracle.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg
Differences in opinions are all well and good, but what you're seeing above is not a difference in opinion. One is a lie and the other is a fact. so predicting the future ( we WILL have covid) is a fact? but we might not is a lie? yer a special kind of stupid ain't ya?

I know some conspiracy theory folks are saying COVID won't be here in the fall, but I'm going to guess you're not one of them.

I don't think you're blindly following Trump's lies, which contradict both of his own experts, and think it's just going disappear over the summer like a miracle.
kreskin--out
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg
Differences in opinions are all well and good, but what you're seeing above is not a difference in opinion. One is a lie and the other is a fact.

From the first google hit on "Trump says Covid not here in fall"
President Donald Trump suggested at Wednesday's coronavirus press briefing that COVID-19 might not be around in the fall — an idea that was quickly contradicted by the US's top infectious-disease expert.
"Might not." CNN slide says "Chance"

4th Google hit:
“it’s not going to come back” later in the year. If it does return, it won’t be as bad, he said — “and [it] might not come back at all”
In the “worst case,” Trump said, there might be “embers of coronavirus” along with the seasonal flu.
Please point me to the lie, I'm not seeing it yet. Part of what Trump said is " If it does return, it won’t be as bad", strangely omitted by CNN. Are you saying there is proven certainty of there being a zero chance of Covid not being a disruptive force in the Fall?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg

President Donald Trump suggested at Wednesday's coronavirus press briefing that COVID-19 might not be around in the fall — an idea that was quickly contradicted by the US's top infectious-disease expert.

4th Google hit:
“it’s not going to come back” later in the year. If it does return, it won’t be as bad, he said — “and [it] might not come back at all”
In the “worst case,” Trump said, there might be “embers of coronavirus” along with the seasonal flu.
Please point me to the lie, I'm not seeing it yet. Part of what Trump said is "it might come back", strangely omitted by CNN. Are you saying there is proven certainty of there being a zero chance of Covid not being a disruptive force in the Fall?
It was not a bald-faced lie, but there are many types of lies. It's a fabrication, which to me is a type of lie. There is no estimate asserting COVID might not return in the fall. His experts, Fauci, Birx and Redfield, are on camera asserting as much.

Do you agree it might not come back at all come fall, Moose?
WH COVID Briefing wrote:THE PRESIDENT: What — it is estimated it might not come back at all, Jeff. It may not come back at all.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XJ CNN.jpg

4th Google hit:
Please point me to the lie, I'm not seeing it yet. Part of what Trump said is "it might come back", strangely omitted by CNN. Are you saying there is proven certainty of there being a zero chance of Covid not being a disruptive force in the Fall?
It was not a bald-faced lie, but there are many types of lies. It's a fabrication, which to me is a type of lie. it's you of course doing the fabricating...well let's be really yer just parroting the fabrication...ya gotta do what they tell you...There is no estimate asserting COVID might not return in the fall. His experts, Fauci, Birx and Redfield, are on camera asserting as much.

Do you agree it might not come back at all come fall, Moose?
WH COVID Briefing wrote:THE PRESIDENT: What — it is estimated it might not come back at all, Jeff. It may not come back at all.
is english your second language? or does TDS just cloud your every "thought"?

it is estimated that it will come back, trump pushed back on that saying that it's just an estimate not a given...

what IS a given is that yer a fvcking imbecile...what's even funnier is that you imagine that by blocking my posts no one else sees what an idiot you are...enjoy your willful ignorance it's a big part of what makes you such an imbecile...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
(Reuters) - New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday a screening of 3,000 residents found that 13.9 percent tested positive for antibodies for the novel coronavirus, suggesting that some 2.7 million people across the state may have been infected.
So in April we have 13% of the NY population with antibodies. Will that number increase? How will it affect the number of cases in the Fall? Tell me again how you are so certain of your accusation of a lie.

By the way, the other statement is not true either. The opinion of one, two, or a dozen experts in their field does NOT make that opinion a fact. Opinions do not turn into facts on the basis of volume or author.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
(Reuters) - New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday a screening of 3,000 residents found that 13.9 percent tested positive for antibodies for the novel coronavirus, suggesting that some 2.7 million people across the state may have been infected.
So in April we have 13% of the NY population with antibodies. Will that number increase? How will it affect the number of cases in the Fall? Tell me again how you are so certain of your accusation of a lie.

By the way, the other statement is not true either. The opinion of one, two, or a dozen experts in their field does NOT make that opinion a fact. Opinions do not turn into facts on the basis of volume or author.
It will be here in the fall just like the common cold, flu, pneumonia, etc. It will not go away. Does a bear sh1t in the woods?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
It will be here in the fall just like the common cold, flu, pneumonia, etc. It will not go away. Does a bear sh1t in the woods?
So you take the trouble to go to the source document, but only post one line in the dialogue. OK, let's look at a longer part of the exchange and see if your position is upheld.
THE PRESIDENT: It’s nothing like what we’re talking — what we’ve just gone though, we will not go through. You could have some embers of corona, and you could have a big flu system. And if they combine, if they come together — if they come together, it’s not great. But we will not go through what we went through for the last two months.
Yeah, Jeff.
Q Mr. President, I —
THE PRESIDENT: Is that a correct statement?
DR. REDFIELD: Correct.

Q I understand that the United States will certainly be more prepared in the fall, but how can you say that you know it won’t come back in the same level that it has today?
THE PRESIDENT: What — it is estimated it might not come back at all, Jeff. It may not come back at all.

Q But how — how can you —
THE PRESIDENT: He’s talking about a worst-case scenario where you have a big flu and you have some corona. And if it does come back, it’s not going to come back — and I’ve spoken to 10 different people — it’s not going to be like it was.
Also, we have much better containment now. Before, nobody knew about it. Nobody knew anything about it. We understand it. Now, if we have pockets — a little pocket here or there — we’re going to have to put out. It goes out and it’s going to go out fast. We’re going to be watching for it.
But it’s all possible. It’s also possible it doesn’t come back at all.
Q I understand the containment, but I don’t understand how you know it won’t come back on a big scale.
THE PRESIDENT: I didn’t say it’s not. I said if it does, it’s not going to come back on anything near what we went through. But you could have a mess, where they come at the same time. And if they come at the same time — the flu is not the greatest thing in the world, Jeff. It’s not the greatest thing either. If they come at the same time, you have them both.
But if we have embers of corona coupled with the flu, that’s not going to be pleasant, but it’s not going to be what we’ve gone through in any way, shape, or form.
So I've highlighted where
Dr. Redfield agrees that we likely won't have a re-occurrence as large as the current one.
Trump restates if it comes back, he thinks it will come back at a smaller scale
Trump restates he isn't sure about the magnitude of a possible fall reoccurrence in direct answer to the very accusation you have made.
Your one liner quote is in red, now surrounded by more relevant dialogue.

You continue to disprove your argument with the complete context of the materials you present to support your opinion. You act as if you can take a single utterance, spoken by a disorganized at times speaker, ignore the entirety of the content and context, and then proclaim that short clipped utterance is a lie, when Trump's complete answer disproves your contention: "I didn’t say it’s not [coming back]. I said if it does..."
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:You continue to disprove your argument with the complete context of the materials you present to support your opinion. You act as if you can take a single utterance, spoken by a disorganized at times speaker, ignore the entirety of the content and context, and then proclaim that short clipped utterance is a lie, when Trump's complete answer disproves your contention: "I didn’t say it’s not [coming back]. I said if it does..."
He says it will come back at a smaller scale AND he’s not sure what the magnitude / scale will be AND it might not come back at all.

Trump speaks out of both sides of his mouth, intentionally or in error.

You’re willing to disregard the more outlandish comments he makes on the grounds:

- He’s a poor speaker
- He’s contradicted himself at some other point in a discussion

I’m unwilling to disregard his outlandish comments, which are often lies/fabrications. This doesn’t make me either of us right ... we both know, however, COVID will be with us this fall unfortunately.