IKON 20/21

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

boston_e
Postaholic

IKON 20/21

Post by boston_e »

Info is up: https://www.ikonpass.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No change for Powdr resorts that I see.

Sugarbush is now unlimited. Jackson and Aspen not included on the base pass anymore.

Not much love for us full time Killington/Pico skiers. Really wish Powdr would release a “Powdr pass” so we could get Copper and Snowbird as part of our pass...
Don't Killington Pico
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: IKON 20/21

Post by BoozeTan »

The fact that POWDR doesnt honor our $1200 killington pass at their other resorts is why I will always book elsewhere when I go out west.
They are very short sighted. Even if they honor the pass, Im still going to need lodging and food and beverage. Thats money they are leaving on the table. POWDR will not get another dime out of me
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Basically agree. If Copper / Bird were offered as part of a "Powdr" pass. I'd make those my ONLY western trips... along with all the lodging / food etc that goes with it.

Given that is the way the industry is moving, I think its a miss that Powdr has not done this yet.
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. another Swing and a miss by Pwdr.
.. at least they're consistent .. :sad:
Forever .. Goat Path
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

boston_e wrote:Info is up: https://www.ikonpass.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No change for Powdr resorts that I see.

Sugarbush is now unlimited. Jackson and Aspen not included on the base pass anymore.

Not much love for us full time Killington/Pico skiers. Really wish Powdr would release a “Powdr pass” so we could get Copper and Snowbird as part of our pass...
20/21IKON BASE PLUS PASS
Includes Jackson Hole and Aspen Snowmass.

Get more access and no blackouts with the Ikon Pass.

Adult
(Age 23+)
$849USD
Renewal price$799
ON SALE 3/5/20
Young Adult
(Ages 13-22)
$689USD
Renewal price$649
ON SALE 3/5/20
Child
(Ages 5-12)
Save up to $200 total ($100 each) on child passes with the purchase of an adult Ikon Base Pass.
$419USD
ON SALE 3/5/20
4 and Under
(Ages 0-4)
$319USD
ON SALE 3/5/20
Easy Payment Plan
$199USD
Secure a 20/21 pass for $199 down and four additional monthly payments.

Renewal Discount
$799USD
Adult
Current 19/20 Ikon Pass holders save up to $50 USD when renewing before April 22.

College / Military
$679USD
Adult
Add your pass to cart and proceed with online verification during Assign Passes step of checkout.

Pass Insurance
$50.94USD
Adult
Emergencies and illnesses can interrupt your ski season. Protect your purchase now.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Base Pass will include Sugarbush .. with customary blackouts 8)
Win indicates Boomer Pass will live on :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Just up the road, buying a Sugarbush pass gets you Killington and Stratton access. Buying a killington pass gets you nothing else.

Seems to me the decision to stick their head in the sand is a Killington one, and the decision to not allow Killington passholders any access to POWDr properties is a POWDR decision.

As long as we continue to purchase K passes, nothing will change. They get 100% of our revenue and hold on to it all.

The strangest thing is that POWDR can get more revenue in their pockets for granting limited access to the POWDR properties, but they do not. I can understand (but not agree with) their Ikon position for Killington.

I wish there was some way to determine how many Killington passholders are also buying Epic passes in order to ski Okemo, Stowe, and use it at any of their excellent Western properties on vacation. I bet Killington would love to know, too. That's a ready and willing revenue stream that flows away from POWDR.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

da Pimp wrote:Just up the road, buying a Sugarbush pass gets you Killington and Stratton access. Buying a killington pass gets you nothing else.

Seems to me the decision to stick their head in the sand is a Killington one, and the decision to not allow Killington passholders any access to POWDr properties is a POWDR decision.

As long as we continue to purchase K passes, nothing will change. They get 100% of our revenue and hold on to it all.

The strangest thing is that POWDR can get more revenue in their pockets for granting limited access to the POWDR properties, but they do not. I can understand (but not agree with) their Ikon position for Killington.

I wish there was some way to determine how many Killington passholders are also buying Epic passes in order to ski Okemo, Stowe, and use it at any of their excellent Western properties on vacation. I bet Killington would love to know, too. That's a ready and willing revenue stream that flows away from POWDR.
I, for one, bought an Epic Pass in addition to my Killington Pass. I've used the Epic Pass at Stowe, Park City/Canyons and next week I will be at Whistler/Blackcomb. If the Killington pass allowed me to ski at Snowbird, Alta and Deer Valley, I would have skied there rather than Park City/Canyons.
klondick
Black Carver

Post by klondick »

I too bought an EPIC to go along with my 365 pass. I hate the IKON pass, and I hate that there is no reciprocal passes included with my 365.
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

If I got access to Snowbird with my Killington pass, I would rarely, if ever, go to other Western Resorts.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

The same people who don’t care about the lodges because they never go in them are claiming if they got “improved” access to POWDR’s western resorts they’d spend a bundle on food and bev. Really?
heiusa
Blue Chatterbox

Post by heiusa »

“” Im still going to need lodging and food and beverage “” Most resorts do not own hotels, so how would they make money on lodging and from what I understand the food and beverage is not a big money maker for the resort.

I for one am glad that Killington is not a full member of a mega pass, I have seen the crazy lines/crowds at the mountains that do, no thank you.

Has anyone asked Mike why we can’t access other powdr resorts with our k pass?
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

I really don't understand POWDR's stand on this. Why not give Killington passsholders a break at their other resorts? The current 20% discount off walkup rates is a joke. I have had various flavors of Epic passes over the last dozen years for my western vacation. How about a break on purchasing a Copper 4-pack? Ikon passsholders flood Copper, but Killington passholders go elsewhere. Stupid.
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

heiusa wrote:I for one am glad that Killington is not a full member of a mega pass, I have seen the crazy lines/crowds at the mountains that do, no thank you
I 100% agree and don’t think Killington should be part of any mega pass. I’d be happiest if one could only ski K with K pass or ticket. That said, since Ikon passholders have access to K, and K passholders get no additional benefit, why not give us access to other Powdr Resorts?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

IKON stand it anymore.

IKON wait to you leave.
Where is Happy Hour ?