How many times have you been hit in the head by first chair?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RENO
Whipping Post

How many times have you been hit in the head by first chair?

Post by RENO »

How many times have you been on first chair and faceplanted and tried to get back up and then hit in the back of the head by first chair?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: How many times have you been hit in the head by first ch

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:How many times have you been on first chair and faceplanted and tried to get back up and then hit in the back of the head by first chair?
too vague
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
JJR
Green Skidder

Post by JJR »

Hate when that happens.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

It wasn't first chair at all but once I did get hit by a chair when I fell off (Canyon chair) when an idiot decided to move in to load the chair right behind me and I ended up sitting on top of him (because I was not aware he was there) and then sliding off. I got hit because they did not stop the chair fast enough. Luckily it only hit my helmet and I was OK but I had a few choice words for the idiot who caused this.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

That stinks! Now we need a new thread, how many times were you already a foursome on a quad, and some doofus tries to make it a five-seater (I've seen it too many times, but not something I've kept track of) :-)
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

One year I was loading the Bear Quad and on the chair in front of me The lifty held the chair so long it caused the lady to fall off and the chair hit her right in the back hurting her pretty bad.

The following year same thing happens to me. Having remembered what happened the year prior just before it was my turn I immediately buried my head in the snow and the chair missed me. Super embarrassing, but the this was on the lifty for holding the char so long that it wasn't at such a huge angle that when I sat on it, I slide right off.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

jimmywilson69 wrote:One year I was loading the Bear Quad and on the chair in front of me The lifty held the chair so long it caused the lady to fall off and the chair hit her right in the back hurting her pretty bad.

The following year same thing happens to me. Having remembered what happened the year prior just before it was my turn I immediately buried my head in the snow and the chair missed me. Super embarrassing, but the this was on the lifty for holding the char so long that it wasn't at such a huge angle that when I sat on it, I slide right off.
ADMINS please move this the appropriate thread...this thread is only for hit in the head by FIRST chair :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

madhatter wrote:
jimmywilson69 wrote:One year I was loading the Bear Quad and on the chair in front of me The lifty held the chair so long it caused the lady to fall off and the chair hit her right in the back hurting her pretty bad.

ADMINS please move this the appropriate thread...this thread is only for hit in the head by FIRST chair :D
Yes! Come on people. Even this doesn't count. Then again, maybe one of these was first chair?

jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

madhatter wrote:

:lol:

My reading comprehension is poor
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Regardless, the "lifty hold the chair too long, at too steep angle, etc." Is usually do to someone [skier or rider] slacking off and not getting to the line.

A textbook example of the guilty bastard getting the best chair load and everyone else getting slammed.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Captain Hafski wrote:Regardless, the "lifty hold the chair too long, at too steep angle, etc." Is usually do to someone [skier or rider] slacking off and not getting to the line.

A textbook example of the guilty bastard getting the best chair load and everyone else getting slammed.
mach es sehr schnell