Fast idiots

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Kapow
Blue Chatterbox

Fast idiots

Post by Kapow »

I watched two skiers come over the lip of mousetrap so fast that they were in the air for what seemed like a couple of seconds. It was pure luck that the landing was not littered with tailskidders. They were good skiers who should know better. Maybe the mountain needs a camera over there so at least they can track and sanction (cattle prods?) this class of idiots.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Fast idiots

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Yeah those kids are on my lawn too! Almost as bad as the slow idiots.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Wtmcm2001
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Wtmcm2001 »

Kapow wrote:I watched two skiers come over the lip of mousetrap so fast that they were in the air for what seemed like a couple of seconds. It was pure luck that the landing was not littered with tailskidders. They were good skiers who should know better. Maybe the mountain needs a camera over there so at least they can track and sanction (cattle prods?) this class of idiots.
The mountain could sell subscriptions to a web cam on mouse trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 15:09 Yeah those kids are on my lawn too! Almost as bad as the slow idiots.
This is ski safety week. Watch the video Killington posted and you might regret your callous comment.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

I have had about a half dozen close encounters with skiers coming much too close and skiing much too fast for the conditions in the last week.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. you may just need to ski faster .. no problemo 8)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
K42
Green Skidder

Post by K42 »

Kapow wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 13:43 I watched two skiers come over the lip of mousetrap so fast that they were in the air for what seemed like a couple of seconds. It was pure luck that the landing was not littered with tailskidders. They were good skiers who should know better. Maybe the mountain needs a camera over there so at least they can track and sanction (cattle prods?) this class of idiots.
Get off ur high horse
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Maybe some people would be better off skiing at okemo.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Wow, thanks for removing any doubt that most zoners are assholes.

God forbid you take out a kid with your immature attitude. Buzz me or one of my family members and I will tear off your head and sh*t down your neck.

- Simon and Garfunkel
K42
Green Skidder

Post by K42 »

throbster wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 20:02 Wow, thanks for removing any doubt that most zoners are assholes.

God forbid you take out a kid with your immature attitude. Buzz me or one of my family members and I will tear off your head and sh*t down your neck.
If only you could catch me
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

K42 wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 20:38
throbster wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 20:02 Wow, thanks for removing any doubt that most zoners are assholes.

K42 were you the skier straight lining the Superstar headwall in a tuck this afternoon?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

But were they wearing their masks???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Kapow wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 13:43 I watched two skiers come over the lip of mousetrap so fast that they were in the air for what seemed like a couple of seconds. It was pure luck that the landing was not littered with tailskidders. They were good skiers who should know better. Maybe the mountain needs a camera over there so at least they can track and sanction (cattle prods?) this class of idiots.
We saw two late teen/early 20 guys over on lower Wild Fire yesterday doing the exact same thing - flying over a blind drop except they were not good skiers and were skiing way beyond their ability level putting themselves and others in serious danger. I have no problem at all with skilled skiers and boarders letting it rip but these guys were very low level skiers just barely in control on a crowded trail. The last time I saw something like that was from the canyon quad about 10 or 15 years ago when some drunk guy was flying straight down Double Dipper. Lucky for him he yard saled it near the bottom and came to stop before hitting anything or anyone.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

SkiDork wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 22:17 But were they wearing their masks???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Burn

- Simon and Garfunkel
K42
Green Skidder

Post by K42 »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 21:23
K42 wrote: Jan 10th, '21, 20:38

K42 were you the skier straight lining the Superstar headwall in a tuck this afternoon?
Nah wasn’t me but if u ever see someone bombing real fast on some rossignol 94s it’s me. I have a tendency to hit the viper ledge and lower sky burst ledges extra fast. Cruise control is also great for speed runs.