21/22 Season Passes

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

21/22 Season Passes

Post by PinnacleJim »

Passes for next season are posted on the Killington website. No real changes from last year.
throbster
Postaholic

Re: 21/22 Season Passes

Post by throbster »

Not worth a new thread, but parking reservations aren't needed for Saturdays anymore
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Try to keep up..
Forever .. Goat Path
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

PinnacleJim wrote: Mar 18th, '21, 12:36 Passes for next season are posted on the Killington website. No real changes from last year.
If I remember correctly, wasn't an adult unlimited $959 early season last year? $1029 is a pretty big jump. Interesting they still have the COVID passholders promise. I can't imagine COVID will still be as big of an issue next winter.

The Beast 365 pass is an appealing idea, but is steep unless you really are going to be up a lot of weekends in the summer.

Tough making pass decisions when trying to account for a family of 4. :shock:
Don't Killington Pico
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

As I post at least once a year, go back about 30 years or so: A full K pass was $1,350.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Captain Hafski wrote: Mar 25th, '21, 07:18 As I post at least once a year, go back about 30 years or so: A full K pass was $1,350.
Indeed. But a day pass was probably about $40 at that time, so the consumer was not as "forced" into going all in on one pass. At that time there were also not multi mountain passes for quite a bit less so the competition was quite a bit different.
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Back in the day .. neither were there turnstiles or ticket checkers at the resort. It was way less expensive. :twisted:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
teletimg
Beginner On Rentals

Post by teletimg »

Yes the 365 pass is hard to justify if you are going to have minimal use in the summer. But if you plan on a week out west it is a no brainer with the included ICON pass. Thought it might be a loss for me this year since I was not willing to fly, not being fully vaccinated yet but just finished 5 great days at Sugarloaf so I feel I got my moneys worth.
Midwest Skier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Midwest Skier »

My thought on the 365 Pass is that I can get to break-even with 2-days of golf and 2-days of mountain biking (weekdays) with a bike rental included. 2 3-day weekends over the summer gets me to that.

From there, if I use the Ikon part of the pass at all it's gravy. And the 12 50% off friends ski tickets are a good bonus as well. I'm sure I'll do the coaster and zip line once, but wouldn't really assign much value to that.

The math isn't great for the occasional summer visitor, but its not terrible.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

It would be nice if they had an option without the ikon for a little discount. I know it is viewed as an “extra bonus” but it must come with some cost to Killington.
Don't Killington Pico
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

boston_e wrote:
PinnacleJim wrote: Mar 18th, '21, 12:36 Passes for next season are posted on the Killington website. No real changes from last year.
If I remember correctly, wasn't an adult unlimited $959 early season last year? $1029 is a pretty big jump. Interesting they still have the COVID passholders promise. I can't imagine COVID will still be as big of an issue next winter.

The Beast 365 pass is an appealing idea, but is steep unless you really are going to be up a lot of weekends in the summer.

You can go to Disney for 4 days or ski at Killington all winter and get the Ikon and get free biking.

If money is an issue go to pico.

Pretty easy decision actually.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

hillbangin wrote: Mar 27th, '21, 19:15
boston_e wrote:

You can go to Disney for 4 days or ski at Killington all winter and get the Ikon and get free biking.

If money is an issue go to pico.

Pretty easy decision actually.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Right... I've been to Disney once and will likely never go again.

It isn't that "money is an issue" so much as if I'm going to spend $5300 on 365 passes vs $3400 for Killington winter passes or even $1500 for Pico passes, you better believe I want to be darn sure I'm going to get that extra value out of it.... and we might decide to, but the price point is not such that is an easy decision.

The concept of the 356 is appealing but as mentioned before, it is tough to justify the extra $1900 unless we know for sure we are going to be up a bunch in the summer. The added Ikon does not do much for us, other than maybe we would decide to mix it up and drive up to Sugarbush a couple of times over the winter if we had the option, although I don't really assign much value to that.

For someone who lives in the area or knows that they do most of their summer weekends in Vermont it is much more easily justifiable and probably a great deal.
Don't Killington Pico
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

boston_e wrote: Mar 28th, '21, 17:51
Right... I've been to Disney once and will likely never go again.

It isn't that "money is an issue" so much as if I'm going to spend $5300 on 365 passes vs $3400 for Killington winter passes or even $1500 for Pico passes, you better believe I want to be darn sure I'm going to get that extra value out of it.... and we might decide to, but the price point is not such that is an easy decision.

The concept of the 356 is appealing but as mentioned before, it is tough to justify the extra $1900 unless we know for sure we are going to be up a bunch in the summer. The added Ikon does not do much for us, other than maybe we would decide to mix it up and drive up to Sugarbush a couple of times over the winter if we had the option, although I don't really assign much value to that.

For someone who lives in the area or knows that they do most of their summer weekends in Vermont it is much more easily justifiable and probably a great deal.
We had planned on getting 365 last year, but Covid. We didn't plan to travel so IKON wasn't a big plus. We did some downhill and adventure center, probably enough that it was a break-even had we done 365. I think we would have done more DH/AC if we had the 365 and weren't ponying up for daily tix. We also may have done a few days at other ski resorts. This reminds me of the old days when they offered the Magnificent 7 - since you were still effectively paying by the day, there were a lot of days we didn't want to "waste" the ticket; with the pass, there is no such equation, you just go out. We will do the 365 this year and make use of the IKON pass as well. Having the pass will make the decision to be here in the summer easier. Hope that perspective helps your decision :)
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

ejrides wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 08:09
We had planned on getting 365 last year, but Covid. We didn't plan to travel so IKON wasn't a big plus. We did some downhill and adventure center, probably enough that it was a break-even had we done 365. I think we would have done more DH/AC if we had the 365 and weren't ponying up for daily tix. We also may have done a few days at other ski resorts. This reminds me of the old days when they offered the Magnificent 7 - since you were still effectively paying by the day, there were a lot of days we didn't want to "waste" the ticket; with the pass, there is no such equation, you just go out. We will do the 365 this year and make use of the IKON pass as well. Having the pass will make the decision to be here in the summer easier. Hope that perspective helps your decision :)
There is some "chicken and egg" for sure as far as summer usage. If we have the pass we might go more often than paying day ticket prices.

What to do? What to do?
Don't Killington Pico
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Boston, another plus with the 365 are the freebie passes - if you have company during the summer, you would have a total of 12 (4 in your family) tickets each for DH, AC, gondi rides and Golf. You also get 50% off ski/riding tickets during season. 25% off food and non-alcoholic beverages. Good luck on your decision.