monday 4/4 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 4/4 report

Post by skiadikt »

the needle was pinned today. a trifecta of sunshine, warm temps and maybe 2" of new snow. great day with the huntah krewe. opened on a nicely softened skye burst. bear claw was even better. after that moved into powder seeker mode. found some on stash/maker. upper needles & old bitter good. trax on "gary's run". the needles runs skied great. the new snow provided enough cushion on mid-o. the exit is paper thin. supe woods great. supe ttb much better than yesterday. escapade very good. cascade flat & fast in a good way. upper dipper always a fave. LEF was more smashed potatoes. rotd was the kms bump line on highline. perfection. took advantage of the bubble being down to enjoy upper chute>great bear. very few trax. closed out on upper wildfire where the bumps had softened nicely.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: monday 4/4 report

Post by Mister Moose »

Superstar Hump B 4 4 22.jpg
Superstar Hump B 4 4 22.jpg (115.66 KiB) Viewed 638 times

I've been trying to get a photo that shows the magnificence of the pile at the bottom of Superstar. This one is pretty good.

Since it's at the bottom of Preston's Pitch, how about calling it Mount Mike?

And yes, great sunny day that went from dry sugar to creamy yogurt as the day wore on.
Superstar Hump 4 4 22.jpg
Superstar Hump 4 4 22.jpg (253.68 KiB) Viewed 630 times
The side pitch off Mount Mike is quite steep. I measured these two at 55 and 61 degrees.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

"Since it's at the bottom of Preston's Pitch, how about calling it Mount Mike?"
kiss ass! j/k mm, :lol: i've not met the man, i'm sure i'd like him. great pics too, cool on the pitch angle calcs.
winter hanging on gamely, and cool that skiadikt still mentioning escapade. and fresh pow. sounded like a beauty!
thanks for the reports gentleman.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

So glad to hear that Escapade and some of the other areas that might be already closed at this time of year, are still open and great skiing on them.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 01:07 So glad to hear that Escapade and some of the other areas that might be already closed at this time of year, are still open and great skiing on them.
they're hangin on. there are thin spots. speaking of which, the top of the lower steep on GB has rocks exposed. the sides are ok.

mid-o has plenty of snow but the exit back to supe is pretty much done. in the future, if they're gonna make so much snow on mid-o which is great, then why not run a hose and point a gun up the exit so that has coverage.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
my poor knees
Green Skidder

Post by my poor knees »

Yep, pretty hard to get out of ovation without ruining your skis. I had to take mine off, of course the kids go flying right over the rocks and dirt like it's not even there, but I don't have a daddy to buy me new skis every year. I also wondered why they couldn't dump some snow over by the exit, ovation is one of the best runs still open.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiadikt wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 06:11
tyrolean_skier wrote: Apr 5th, '22, 01:07 So glad to hear that Escapade and some of the other areas that might be already closed at this time of year, are still open and great skiing on them.
they're hangin on. there are thin spots. speaking of which, the top of the lower steep on GB has rocks exposed. the sides are ok.

mid-o has plenty of snow but the exit back to supe is pretty much done. in the future, if they're gonna make so much snow on mid-o which is great, then why not run a hose and point a gun up the exit so that has coverage.
My favorite side of lower GB is the left side so I can avoid any rocks. The exit of middle Ovation has always been a problem this late in the season. I agree that they should have blown some snow there too but they probably don't because because of the water running in certain sections.