Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Cityskier wrote:I don't think that it's a god-given right to have an automatic assault rifle in your closet. I just think that there are some reasonable limits that should be imposed but sadly I don't get to define reasonable!
I have a legal firearm in my closet. Does law enforcement have the right to come into my house and take that firearm away from me because the state is in a 'state of disaster'
I don't think Cityskier was arguing that point.
Probably not, but I have an inkling he's not a big fan of the 2nd amendment. Could be wrong though!
Generalizing a bit?

Just because someone doesn't think we have the right to carry assault weapons or have armor piercing bullets doesn't mean that same person doesn't believe we have a right to own guns.
Thanks Bubba. I forgot to post implicit explanations of my post for the more underwhelming among us.

Get a clue XJ.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:When you look into the mentality of the scary fcuks who make up the NRA this isn't really all that surprising.
Generalizing a bit?
Probably not as much as you think I am but that is open for debate.
Their problem, if it is a problem, is that they look at any perceived "infringement" on their understanding of the 2nd Amendment as a slippery slope, therefore they refuse to compromise on any aspect of gun control. This includes, among other things, bullets designed to penetrate bullet proof vests where most people feel it would be reasonable to ban these bullets.

We have similar thinking on some issues on the left - abortion rights, for example, where most people believe some limitations are reasonable, yet most abortion rights groups believe in the same slippery slope.

BTW, I personally think the NRA leadership is often nuts in the way they portray their issues.
Given our history and human nature in general, their concern is fairly well justified.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Cityskier wrote:I don't think that it's a god-given right to have an automatic assault rifle in your closet. I just think that there are some reasonable limits that should be imposed but sadly I don't get to define reasonable!
I have a legal firearm in my closet. Does law enforcement have the right to come into my house and take that firearm away from me because the state is in a 'state of disaster'
I don't think Cityskier was arguing that point.
Probably not, but I have an inkling he's not a big fan of the 2nd amendment. Could be wrong though!
Generalizing a bit?

Just because someone doesn't think we have the right to carry assault weapons or have armor piercing bullets doesn't mean that same person doesn't believe we have a right to own guns.
no shti... I'm as liberal as the day is long - but I own a gun. And I like having a gun.. And i think it's great that people have guns..

Assault weapons and nasty cop killing bullets - I'm not so into... I have friends that carry handguns - they are cops though..

just because someone is liberal doesnt mean they are against guns.. I'm sure a neo-con(ed) like you has issues that don't jib with your beliefs.
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC Freeride wrote: no shti... I'm as liberal as the day is long - but I own a gun. And I like having a gun.. And i think it's great that people have guns..
This honestly surprised me. Kool
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

DMC Freeride wrote:...I'm sure a neo-con(ed) like you has issues that don't jib with your beliefs.
You are referring to whom?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC Freeride wrote: no shti... I'm as liberal as the day is long - but I own a gun. And I like having a gun.. And i think it's great that people have guns..
I don't know why... I've said on this forum that i support gun ownership..

i was raised with guns around... My Dad would always let me shoot them whenever i wanted... My Mom and i used to shoot muskrats digging holes on the side of our pond..
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I don't know why... I've said on this forum that i support gun ownership..

i was raised with guns around... My Dad would always let me shoot them whenever i wanted... My Mom and i used to shoot muskrats digging holes on the side of our pond..
What guns do you have? j/w if you don't want to share that's kool too